Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
"There is a spiritual body and a physical body," when these two connected "man became a living being." But that was before the fall, now we live in hope of the Resurrection. "There will be a time of trouble such as never was and at that time everyone shall be delivered that is found written in the book of life."
Many people have experienced their spirit leaving their body and looking down on their physical body. The spiritual body has the same appearance presently. But in the Resurrection, "It does not yet appear what we shall be but we know we shall be like Him."
This refers to those who have followed Him in His sufferings, "If we suffer with Him we shall rule with Him." "The rest od the dead are not raised until the thousand years is fulfilled."
34 years ago the Lord told me: Behold I Am with you in a time of trouble such as never was and shall never be again. Many have received words and visions and dreams. I will post someone's vision of the final battle next.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
Came across this vision a year ago, it's already 30 years old.
Also, 34 years ago the Lord told me: Behold I am with you in a time of trouble such as never was and shall never be again. Convinced it's in my lifetime. My opinion of how it will happen is the communist nations ruling the world as a one world government and making war against the church and anything that is a treat to their rule
Jesus won this battle as the head of the Church and He is standing in the Light making intersection for us.
What I've been through is preparation for the final battle, not to have our treasure in this life. This final battle will determine who will overcome the world to have part in the first Resurrection, to rule in Love with Him for a thousand years." "The rest of the dead are not raised until the thousand years are fulfilled."
There is no reason to overreact, keep in mind the simplicity of Christ. "He that has clean hands and a pure heart." The remainder of writing is not mine, including presentation from someone else.
The following is an end-time vision given to an established, seasoned minister of the gospel, Dr. Mark Barclay, and told in his own words. My heart was quickened when I read it and I thought: "This vision needs to be circulated to the body of Christ worldwide for we are seeing the increasing effects of it being unfolded in this hour, although it was given more than 25 years ago."
If you are skeptical of these things I would encourage you to listen to your heart as you read it and allow the Holy Spirit to bear witness with you.
"But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things. ... But the anointing which you have received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. For as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and just as it has taught you, remain in Him" (1John 2:20, 27)
Here then is the vision told in the minister's own words:
"In 1987 I was a speaker at a camp meeting in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I spoke during the Thursday evening service. Dr. Kenneth E. Hagin spoke during the Friday evening service. I remember that I had just flown in from meetings in Paris, France. I mentioned to my wife how much I would like to stay and hear Dr. Hagin speak. She agreed.
As Dr. Hagin entered the pulpit, he began to pray in tongues. When he started, I started. A moment later, I was caught up in a vision (I was told later that it was probably more like a trance). As I went into this vision, I remember how Dr. Hagin's voice was getting quieter and quieter, until I could hear him no more. It was so quiet all around me I felt like I could hear my own heartbeat.
All of a sudden I felt evil, as if it were surrounding me. Anger rose up in me, and fear tried to get a grip on me. Suddenly, something caught my attention out of my left eye. I turned hard to the left to see what it was. I saw the circumference of the earth, from one edge to the other, and this horrible black, dark cloud was rising up over the horizon. Somehow I knew it would eventually fill the entire earth.
An alarm went off in me, screaming to me to run away from it as fast as I could. I felt like I should scream at it, to stop it in its tracks by using the name of Jesus. I began to rebuke it and started to say, "In the name of Jesus ... " I didn't quite get it out, and the Lord said, "That will do you no good."
"What?" I said.
The Lord said, "Son, you cannot use My name to stop what I prophesied. I am not causing this dark cloud, but I did prophesy it would happen in the last days."
I remember in the vision that I asked the Lord "What is this? What is this evil, tempestuous, dark cloud?"
The Lord said, "This is what I showed My prophet, Isaiah (Isa. 60:1-2). This is every evil thing you can name. It is every demon, it is every disease, it is sickness and bacterial attacks that haven't even been discovered yet. It will cause humans to do things to humans that aren't even human. It is filled with insanity, and many people will lose their mind and their faculties. It is murder, terror, rape, abuse, terrorism, torture and much worse. It is filled with deceptions, heresies, perversions and filth."
Some things the Lord showed me I have not had permission to speak.
I also saw people—many, many people. Some were running into the dark cloud, and some were being sucked into it. It reminded me of this very powerful Shop-vac I have. It will not only suck up the dirt but also my tools, if I don't pay attention.
I saw may people screaming with terror and actually being dragged into this cloud. Though they were refusing it and resisting it with all their strength, they still did not possess the power to stop it.
I was so disturbed when I saw a cross on someone's pocket or jewelry. I remember saying to the Lord, "Who are those people being drawn into this filth and terror, wearing the Christian symbol of the cross? Who are these people, not even resisting? And who are these people, resisting with all their might but it does them no good? They just keep disappearing into this horrible, evil cloud of gross darkness."
The Lord answered me and said, "Oh, these are those who do not have clean hands and a pure heart. They have been warned but ignored the warnings. Some even wanted this filth as their lifestyle."
I asked, "Well, who are these wearing the cross?"
"Oh," the Lord said, "These are the people who claim Me as Savior. Many of them have desired this filth and even fought for it. They make excuses but are not excused. The ones who are resisting thought My prophets were exaggerating and from the old school, and they denied the warnings. Now that this evil has come, they possess little to no power, and certainly not enough to resist and overcome this horrible onslaught of enemy power. Only those with clean hands and a pure heart will be able to totally resist this. It will cover the earth."
There was much more to this, but I began to come out of the vision and once again heard Brother Hagin speaking in tongues from the pulpit.
I asked my wife what had happened, and she said, "Nothing, he hasn't done anything but pray in the spirit."

I began to realize that nobody seemed to see this vision or get caught up into this trance but me. I held my wife's hand a little tighter and began to pray fervently in the spirit. As I did, I got caught up in the spirit again.
Just like before, Brother Hagin's voice got quieter and quieter until it was gone. I found myself alone again. It was so quiet I could hear my own heartbeat. Suddenly, a piercing light hit the corner of my right eye. It was so bright that I instantly shrouded my head with my hands and arms. It reminded me of the intense light that my optometrist uses to examine the back of my eyes. Actually, it was much brighter than that.
Everything within me said, "Turn and look into it. Turn now, and run into it." Yet there was this hesitation because it was so bright it seemed to shine through me. Finally I gave in to it and looked directly at it. With both eyes I saw the depth of this bright cloud. Just like the dark cloud I had seen before, it was coming up over the horizon of the earth. I could tell that it was going to cover the planet. I just knew that I knew that nothing could stop it.
I remembered asking the Lord, "What is this? What is this massive, earth-consuming, bright cloud?"
The Lord answered me and said, "Oh, this is My glory. This is the glory cloud that I showed My prophet Isaiah (Isa. 61:1-2). This is what I promised, that My glory will fill the whole earth."
"Well," I asked, "what is inside the cloud?"
"It is filled with the greatest miracles humans have ever seen. It is filled with healing for every disease, and a cure for every sickness. It is power to overcome sin and filth—to receive the truth and reject error, heresy and doctrines of demons. It is a full manifestation of My Spirit. It is the full anointing of Jesus Christ and more, much more."
He showed me other things that I have no permission to speak at this time.

I saw people in this vision, just like before with the cloud of darkness. Many, many people were running into it and almost frolicking in it. It was like my first response—too bright to behold, and then I wanted to run into it. There were those who seemed to want to pull away from this glory cloud.
"Lord, who will enter into this great glory of God and enjoy this awesome power?" I asked.
"Those who have a pure heart and clean hands," the Lord answered. "They are the ones who will escape the horrible vacuum of the evil, dark cloud and be consumed with My glory. I will require you to tell these things to My people at an appointed time."
Now is that time! As I travel the world over, I see both of these manifestations happening. In fact, I see them beginning to intensify. Sometimes I say that both God and Satan are having a revival among men. We will now see more and more people running to each cloud, causing a great gulf or divide. Could this be the separation of sheep and goats, or the separation of wheat and tares?
I am not a conspiracy-theory person. I am not a fear-based preacher. I am not a prophet of doom. So what I am about to say is none of these. But, I am actually witnessing the spirits of the Antichrist, prepping the people of the earth (including many church goers) for the arrival of the Antichrist himself. I see demons (spirits of the Antichrist) going throughout all the earth. They are slowly re-programming the minds of men (doctrines of demons) to systematically disassemble the work of Christ and disengage the army of God.
You can avoid this, if you choose. If you choose not to, you will suffer the consequences. Please don't do that!" —Dr. Mark Barclay (marktbarclay.com

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Blain wrote:
"Which leads my to question from earlier why some can simply excel in
these warfares and others just barely make it through. I noticed that some
will go through these battles and come out stronger than before they went
in while others are crippled and fearful and eventually become desperate for help.
"

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.
Proverbs 24:10

16 And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who,
when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
17 And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time:
afterward, when affliction or persecution arises for the word's sake,
immediately they are offended.
18 And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
19 And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts
of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful.
Mark 4:

I've been to hell and back.
Don't know in the natural. I've seen and experienced terrible
trials and tribulations, but somehow (I don't really know the how
and why of it all) I have managed to keep my eyes on the prize.
The salvation of my soul.
The other place of destination is really really terrifying.
If people only knew about perdition they would all be Christians.

stillness

Jan 28, 2013
Walk trough the valley
I cannot really say I am a Godly person but I can certainly say that childlike simplicity you saw is definitely true. But sometimes one can only understand the things of god through the eyes of a child.
Yes your correct, let someone else praise you and not your own mouth. And yes we have to humble ourselves as little children to enter, "Of such is the kingdom of heaven."
Same with spiritual warfare: coming to Him for help, in prayer, even as Jesus said, "I can do nothing of myself but what I see the Father doing." The deliverances I have observed in my life and others are interconnected with living for His praise, worship, thanksgiving and partaking the Lord's table and discerning those in the church as the body of Christ: "despise no one." One woman described the change in her view of Spiritual warfare: from a place of rest in Him. She saw a vision of Jesus who seemed occupied holding something in His right hand taking time to hear her request. She asked Him what He was holding in his tight hand: He has the world in His hand.
Recently I came to understand better, that Jesus left His will as our inheritance in the communion of the last supper: "Go in My Name." We exchange our life with Him, Having given us his will, makes me wonder does Jesus still have a will of His own until the restoration of all things. "Love does not insists on its own way." Left up to us to come to Him for help and not take things in our hands again. Can be mind boggling to have the correct view to cease from ourselves: to pray about important decisions, acknowledging Him in all our ways, for Him to direct us to make decisions by "The way of Peace."

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
in response to stillness

it is no coincidence that in the Third World when there is
great Pentecostal revival and thousands of people become
baptized in water and in the Holy Spirit

that the power and terror of witchdoctors and magic and
idols are done away with.
Sorcerers and the like either convert by the evidence before them
as to miracles and healings; or they flee.

nddreamer

Aug 31, 2017
Dear Blain, In Acts 12, Peter was in prison chained between two soldiers. The very next day he was to be brought before Herod and executed. But an angel showed up. There was a super natural light in the prison. The chains fell off his hands. The soldiers all around him were somehow immobilized. He followed the instructions of the angel but thought himself to be in a vision or dream state. Iron doors opened of their own accord and Peter followed the angel out of the prison. He came to himself only after the angel departed from him.
Those who only understand the physical limitations of this world must really struggle with this. Iron chains just don't fall off hands nor do iron doors open by themselves. This story should prove to all that the spiritual world is much stronger and can overwhelm and alter our physical reality at will.
I've experienced that dream state or somewhere in between the real and spirit like Peter and I bet you have to, Blain. Good luck in your journey. You're asking questions most of us will never know to ask. Keep reading the Word and ask him for understanding.
"Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."
"Jer. 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."
I believe he will give you everything you desire when you're ready to receive it. He'll never give you more than you're ready for. So keep reading the Word and nurture it.
There's nothing wrong with your questions. The church is always stuck in doctrine. It needs charismatics to vitalize it.

Jun 6, 2015
I do not have the gift of tongues but I fully believe in it, many do not because they either have not experienced it or have never seen it or some have tossed it aside from experiencing to many false tongues
Your soul is yourself and your spirit is the intellect of your soul just like your brain is to your physical body, your soul needs a body, when your body dies it enters your celestial body, we are created in the image of our celestial body just like Christ was the image of the Father.

When the Holly Spirit talks through someone everyone that hears it hears it in there own language just as it was at Pentecost, it will happen again when the antichrist comes and the elects or brought to trial, the Holly Spirit will speak through them and every will hear in there own language, as for those who babble are just playing one upmanship, and all it is is babble. God bless

P

pottersclay

Blain there are many things we do not understand about the spiritual. But it doesn't make it any less real. When the term host is used in Genesis it means army or armies. Now the question is why would God need a army? Easiest answer is ....it's his design.

We battle against wicked influence, that have taken over the hearts and minds of many people. The power of suggestions which manifest false conclusion. All of this stems from the pride of life which is the very nature of Satan.

Perhaps the Lord has opened up your eyes to see these things as they are. To remind and be reminded of the war that is still going on.
Some believe that this war is over....that the cross defeated Satan and these powers that be. That it no longer exist. Which is the first mistake and can be very costly.

We within ourselves are helpless against such powers only the Lord can defeat such a foe....and his time is short. So his anger rages.
The Lord has provided armour for the fight....but it shall be the lords sword that defeats.

Here's a simple way that I look at the big picture.
It's like a foot ball game.
Jesus being the quarterback......the ball is snapped...from the father to the son. Jesus takes control, .......looking for his receivers.......he's looking for the one who is open and available..........all eyes are upon him.....the opposition frantically trying to sack him.........he takes a step back and throws a perfect pass..........the receiver catching the pass holding it tightly in his bosom begins to race towards the goal.......the opposition now turn there attention towards the receiver.........the holy spirit begins to guard the receiver blocking all advances made against him. The receiver makes it to the end zone.....touchdown.......the fans begin to sing and dance for that perfect pass made by the quarterback....and the quarterback points to the receiver saying well done...well done........

Well my bills didnt stay in the playoffs but at least they made it.....lol

Potter

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
as for those who babble are just playing one upmanship, and all it is is babble. God bless
Tsk, tsk.
that's a bit rude.

trouble is God reaffirms that tongues is of the Holy Spirit
every worship meeting.
And much answered prayer is also a clue.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Blain there are many things we do not understand about the spiritual. But it doesn't make it any less real. When the term host is used in Genesis it means army or armies. Now the question is why would God need a army? Easiest answer is ....it's his design.

We battle against wicked influence, that have taken over the hearts and minds of many people. The power of suggestions which manifest false conclusion. All of this stems from the pride of life which is the very nature of Satan.

Perhaps the Lord has opened up your eyes to see these things as they are. To remind and be reminded of the war that is still going on.
Some believe that this war is over....that the cross defeated Satan and these powers that be. That it no longer exist. Which is the first mistake and can be very costly.

We within ourselves are helpless against such powers only the Lord can defeat such a foe....and his time is short. So his anger rages.
The Lord has provided armour for the fight....but it shall be the lords sword that defeats.

Here's a simple way that I look at the big picture.
It's like a foot ball game.
Jesus being the quarterback......the ball is snapped...from the father to the son. Jesus takes control, .......looking for his receivers.......he's looking for the one who is open and available..........all eyes are upon him.....the opposition frantically trying to sack him.........he takes a step back and throws a perfect pass..........the receiver catching the pass holding it tightly in his bosom begins to race towards the goal.......the opposition now turn there attention towards the receiver.........the holy spirit begins to guard the receiver blocking all advances made against him. The receiver makes it to the end zone.....touchdown.......the fans begin to sing and dance for that perfect pass made by the quarterback....and the quarterback points to the receiver saying well done...well done........

Well my bills didnt stay in the playoffs but at least they made it.....lol

Potter
Well I was never one for football but you have inspired me with your football analogy:)

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I'm genuinely confused.. You quoted a verse and in the next paragraph changed it... Or something.

The verse says our war is spiritual but then you say our war is against certain people? Am I missing something?
Really? Where do we see spiritual wickedness? In the actions of evil men who profess to be of God when they are not.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

notuptome

May 17, 2013
1Co 14:4 Anyone who speaks in a tongue edifies themselves, but the one who prophesies edifies the church.

Originally Posted by notuptome
What possible reason would one have to speak in an unknown tongue to God?
Roger

1 Corinthians 14: 5 I would like every one of you to speak in tongues.
1 Corinthians 14: 39 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.

Originally Posted by notuptome :
Paul was not encouraging tongues
Roger

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My Name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son

Have you been seduced by the false premise of miracles and wonders?
Roger

1 Corinthian 14:39 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, be eager to prophesy, and do not forbid speaking in tongues.

The three sign gifts (including tongues) have ended… those who do them have a demon
Roger

1 Cor 14:4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself

To edify oneself does seem to be an inconsistent use of the term edify from a Biblical perspective

Roger

Hey everybody, best we listen to Roger. He's obviously got a good handle on this.
My Bible teaches me the difference between praying in my
understanding with my mind, and in praying in tongues which
is of the Holy Spirit.
If you do not believe the scriptures then you are the one with another gospel.

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God
calls Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord,
but by the Holy Ghost.
1Corinthians 12:3
The scriptures testify that a believer, a disciple, cannot call Jesus Lord
without the indwelling Holy Spirit.

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Romans 8:9

2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?
And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them;
and they spoke with tongues, and prophesied.
Acts 19:

And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name they shall cast out devils.
They shall speak with new tongues.
Mark 16:17

If you have a problem with the truth of the scriptures then take this
up with Jesus directly.
I did. And Jesus confirmed his gospel to me by filling me with the
Holy Spirit and I spoke in tongues like they all did in the NT.
I do not want to hijack Blains thread but the verses you cite when taken in context do not represent what you assert they represent. It does make for a real life example of spiritual warfare.

If you reject knowledge for unknown tongues you will gain not understanding and wisdom. All you will attain is conceit which will not profit you in life.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
"There is a spiritual body and a physical body," when these two connected "man became a living being." But that was before the fall, now we live in hope of the Resurrection. "There will be a time of trouble such as never was and at that time everyone shall be delivered that is found written in the book of life."
Many people have experienced their spirit leaving their body and looking down on their physical body. The spiritual body has the same appearance presently. But in the Resurrection, "It does not yet appear what we shall be but we know we shall be like Him."
This refers to those who have followed Him in His sufferings, "If we suffer with Him we shall rule with Him." "The rest od the dead are not raised until the thousand years is fulfilled."
34 years ago the Lord told me: Behold I Am with you in a time of trouble such as never was and shall never be again. Many have received words and visions and dreams. I will post someone's vision of the final battle next.
stillness, I really appreciate your input, but it's hard to read your post when you don't separate in paragraphs. So sometimes I just skip over it. Sorry to say but it's true. And I really would like to read.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Why are so many Christians hostile about speaking in tongues?
It's a gift from The Holy Spirit and it's Biblical.

Speaking for myself only: I'm not hostile about speaking in tongues. I've never done it. I've heard it on one occasion when I was about 5 years old. It scared me to death. Left that type of impression on me.

I'm not against it but it is not for me personally. I do not believe one has to pray "in tongues" in order to commune with God. I pray daily and study daily and commune with God without it.

I'm not against it but just do not believe it necessary to arm myself with the HS in order to fight against the devil and his minions.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I do not want to hijack Blains thread but the verses you cite when taken in context do not represent what you assert they represent. It does make for a real life example of spiritual warfare.

If you reject knowledge for unknown tongues you will gain not understanding and wisdom. All you will attain is conceit which will not profit you in life.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Why do you think tongues are a rejection of knowledge? The Spirit teaches us his way.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Roger,

our spiritual language is most important in warfare. The believer who is going from glory to glory will be attacked from the enemy in whatever way he can. Even physically and if one is a new believer, at this time, may not yet be grounded in truth. There's a time that will come when the believer knows the victory of Jesus, and how much we are placed in Him, then Satan has lost his advantage and won't dare touch. But, until then tongues is a great tool of weaponry.

I really wish you would stop your tirade against what God gives to the body. You are fighting against him in doing this.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Speaking for myself only: I'm not hostile about speaking in tongues. I've never done it. I've heard it on one occasion when I was about 5 years old. It scared me to death. Left that type of impression on me.

I'm not against it but it is not for me personally. I do not believe one has to pray "in tongues" in order to commune with God. I pray daily and study daily and commune with God without it.

I'm not against it but just do not believe it necessary to arm myself with the HS in order to fight against the devil and his minions.
Agreed, it's not a necessity to speak in tongues but you would be a fool to think of fighting the devil without the power of The Holy Spirit.
How else do you think you could stand any chance?

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Agreed, it's not a necessity to speak in tongues but you would be a fool to think of fighting the devil without the power of The Holy Spirit.
How else do you think you could stand any chance?

I never said I would/could fight the devil and his evil minions without the Holy Spirit. What I said was I did not believe I had to "speak in tongues" in order to have the HS. The HS is within me whether I speak in tongues or not.

Yes, no one can withstand the devil under their own strength.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

Theres nothing wrong with running to Jesus to be safe. That's a Lamb. Kept. But, we live in a wicked world. God equips us to be an overcomer. So we need His equipment.

The spiritual world is where He is. This where we live is not the reality for its temporal. And being born from above? We are now Spirit, no longer flesh, and now connected there.

selah....not pushing you at all, just selah. :)

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
Theres nothing wrong with running to Jesus to be safe. That's a Lamb. Kept. But, we live in a wicked world. God equips us to be an overcomer. So we need His equipment.

The spiritual world is where He is. This where we live is not the reality for its temporal. And being born from above? We are now Spirit, no longer flesh, and now connected there.

Thanks Stones and yes I run to Jesus every day of my life. My help cometh from the Lord. I can do all things through Christ my Lord.

My Comforter is the Holy Spirit - my shield and defender.