Spiritual warfare and the spiritual realm

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Thanks Stones and yes I run to Jesus every day of my life. My help cometh from the Lord. I can do all things through Christ my Lord.

My Comforter is the Holy Spirit - my shield and defender.
This is a great blessing to walk by the Word. But, there are many realms of glory and there may come that day when you are stirred to go a little higher. To walk as Jesus walked. All the giftings and powers were in Him. We can obtain whatever amount we desire according to the call on our life. He desires to give us our desires.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
This is a great blessing to walk by the Word. But, there are many realms of glory and there may come that day when you are stirred to go a little higher. To walk as Jesus walked. All the giftings and powers were in Him. We can obtain whatever amount we desire according to the call on our life. He desires to give us our desires.

I believe we can obtain new heights with the power of Jesus whenever we yield to Him. Yes, I believe that.

Dec 4, 2017
Praying in tongues is not praying in the Holy Spirit. You are making a false assertion about praying in tongues.

Spiritual warfare is not waged by those who are not prepared for the hardships of confronting the enemy.

Eph 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

We war against false religious leaders who teach a gospel that is not the gospel which leads to eternal life. We war against apostates and unsound doctrine taught by men who seek to enrich themselves at the expense of others.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I have no opinion on the subject of speaking in tongues except for the one person who i encountered who practiced this.
And to be honest, the person was lacking in Joy and gladness.
Of course, i know better than to attribute their behavior to any other person.
So i continued to talk with them and encourage as much as possible.

Love, Joy, .........
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18English Standard Version (ESV)

[SUP]16 [/SUP]Re,Joice always, [SUP]17 [/SUP]pray without ceasing, [SUP]18 [/SUP]give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

[h=1]1 Thessalonians 5:16-18Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)[/h] [SUP]16 [/SUP]Always be joyful. [SUP]17 [/SUP]Pray regularly. [SUP]18 [/SUP]In everything give thanks, for this is what God wants from you who are united with the Messiah Yeshua.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2015

Tsk, tsk.
that's a bit rude.

trouble is God reaffirms that tongues is of the Holy Spirit
every worship meeting.
And much answered prayer is also a clue.
No not rude, it's scripture, tongue simply mean language, when the Holly Spirit speaks through someone everyone that hears it hears it in his own tongue Acts.2:8, being able to speak more then one language is a gift, if I was to preach to you in french you would not understand I would need an interpreter, if I did not have a interpreter it would be barbaric 1Cor.14:11, when you read 1Cor.14 translate tongue to language how it should be and you will understand, God understand all languages and he does not speak in geberish. God bless

Dec 4, 2017
No not rude, it's scripture, tongue simply mean language, when the Holly Spirit speaks through someone everyone that hears it hears it in his own tongue Acts.2:8, being able to speak more then one language is a gift, if I was to preach to you in french you would not understand I would need an interpreter, if I did not have a interpreter it would be barbaric 1Cor.14:11, when you read 1Cor.14 translate tongue to language how it should be and you will understand, God understand all languages and he does not speak in geberish. God bless
And where is your joy?

If you are looking for a fight, i suggest rethinking your motives before someone makes an example of you.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
I never said I would/could fight the devil and his evil minions without the Holy Spirit. What I said was I did not believe I had to "speak in tongues" in order to have the HS. The HS is within me whether I speak in tongues or not.
Yes, no one can withstand the devil under their own strength.
That is unscriptural.
The NT clearly and most definitely teaches us that speaking (praying) in
tongues is the sign or evidence of being baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Acts in particular gives examples of such to uphold this.
You cannot deny Acts 10 nor Acts 19

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I don't think you understand The Holy Spirit many times brings heavenly languages. Things of The Spirit don't always make sense in the physical world. You needn't feel compelled to speak in a tongue but you shouldn't try to stifle the gifts of The Spirit in others.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Such ignorance is unbecoming of a Christian.
Acts 2 the day of Pentecost when the multitudes of thousands
heard 120 people inside an upper room all speaking in tongues
at the same time - "And how hear we every man in our own tongue,
wherein we were born?" Acts 2:8

How did a multitude of thousands hear 120 persons speaking in tongues
all at the same time distinctly in their own languages (17 in all)?
Because this was the first miracle of the gift of interpretation.

tongues, interpretation, followed by prophecy through Peter
1Corinthians 14 in action on the very first day.

BTW 17 in Bible Numerics is about salvation.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
That is unscriptural.
The NT clearly and most definitely teaches us that speaking (praying) in
tongues is the sign or evidence of being baptized in the Holy Spirit.
Acts in particular gives examples of such to uphold this.
You cannot deny Acts 10 nor Acts 19

Well, I do not see my position about "not speaking in tongues" as "unscriptural" nor do I deny anything in the scriptures. I do defend and uphold the fact that I have the HS within me which I was sealed with at the time of my salvation.

You are saying that unless I speak (pray) in tongues then I do not have the HS? That would be unscriptual I think.

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
I believe each one has been given at least one spiritual gift. I believe each one has been born with a gift (natural) and all can be used for the furtherance of God's work.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Well, I do not see my position about "not speaking in tongues" as "unscriptural" nor do I deny anything in the scriptures. I do defend and uphold the fact that I have the HS within me which I was sealed with at the time of my salvation.

You are saying that unless I speak (pray) in tongues then I do not have the HS? That would be unscriptual I think.
That is what it seemed he was saying but maybe he just misspoke. There those who believe that if you don't speak tongues then you don't have the holy spirit but tongues is only one of the gifts of the holy spirit and they all are just as important as the next so if one would hold tongues above the rest and the only clear sign that the person has the holy spirit then they don't understand the gifts nor do they understand the holy spirit himself

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Hi Blain, great question! All I know is how I understand it and I will share, but you must check and verify with God and His Word over everything I say because I could be wrong.

Only the Holy Spirit can reveal truth. Whatever the Holy Spirit gives you, hold on to it. The Word will confirm it.

Like God, He created us as one person with 3 parts - spirit, soul and body.

spirit - the part of us where the Holy Spirit dwells in us and with us - Emanuel - God with us on the Earth

soul - our mind, will and emotions - our souls must be restored, this is a process that takes a lifetime.

body - our Earth suit or vessel or house or Temple of the Holy Spirit

Hope this helps! :)

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
I don't think you understand The Holy Spirit many times brings heavenly languages. Things of The Spirit don't always make sense in the physical world. You needn't feel compelled to speak in a tongue but you shouldn't try to stifle the gifts of The Spirit in others.
I believe tongues are still for today.
I do not have that gift, my wife has it.
When I'm stuck in prayer and don't know how to pray or what to pray I just sit silently and say "God got no idea what to pray, so I will sit here, all I can offer up is I lift this person up to you"

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina
That is what it seemed he was saying but maybe he just misspoke. There those who believe that if you don't speak tongues then you don't have the holy spirit but tongues is only one of the gifts of the holy spirit and they all are just as important as the next so if one would hold tongues above the rest and the only clear sign that the person has the holy spirit then they don't understand the gifts nor do they understand the holy spirit himself

Thanks Blain and perhaps I misunderstood what he was saying. Highly possible.

To make myself as clear as I can about this whole speaking in tongues business.

1. The bible declares it as a gift and I believe it.

2. The bible declares many spiritual gifts and I believe it.

However, I do not count my being filled with the Holy Spirit as any less because I do not have/exercise this particular gift.

Hopefully, this will clarify any misconception about my beliefs.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Hi Blain, great question! All I know is how I understand it and I will share, but you must check and verify with God and His Word over everything I say because I could be wrong.

Only the Holy Spirit can reveal truth. Whatever the Holy Spirit gives you, hold on to it. The Word will confirm it.

spirit - the part of us where the Holy Spirit dwells in us and with us - Emanuel - God with us on the Earth

soul - our mind, will and emotions - our souls must be restored, this is a process that takes a lifetime.

That actually is very well explained and makes perfect sense:)

star

Nov 8, 2017
North Carolina

This is a wonderful description and thanks for sharing.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
When I'm stuck in prayer and don't know how to pray or what to pray I just sit silently and say "God got no idea what to pray, so I will sit here, all I can offer up is I lift this person up to you"
I love this Bill...I was wondering recently about praying...A few days ago I start of Dear heavenly Father, and became dumb, I could not think of anything to pray, it is happening quiet a bit and it alarms me:(...

Your post has shown me that it is not just me, I wonder how common this is...xox...

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Sometimes when we don't have any words to speak that is when he hears our hearts the most

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013

It wasnt just tongues but prophecy too that the first church received initially. Prophecy is speaking from the spirit too but in the understanding. Just like interpretation of tongues. They are equal. Maybe the same thing?

There are are many ways Holy Spirit uses one. And the thing is, we all know it didn't come from us. Simetimes we are instructing ourselves as well as the body. :)

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand
against the wiles of the devil.
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
Ephesians 6:

19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual,
having not the Spirit.
20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith,
praying in the Holy Ghost,
21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy
of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jude 1:

Praying in the Holy Spirit, that is praying in tongues, is the
most powerful weapon that a Christian can employ to thwart
the deceitfulness and fiery darts of the enemy.

Do not confuse tongues as a daily prayer language (a sign)
with the gift of diversities of tongues operated in a church
meeting and to be followed by interpretation.
The two are quite different and serve different purposes
in the body of Christ.

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name
shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mark 16:17 [note the 17 again]