Spiritual Warfare Confront and Overcome or Stay Away

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eva1218
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

Eva1218

Guest
[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
A female I grew up with states she is a Christian and yet her family is involved in demonic lifestyles. Because of the demonic forces, influences and spiritual warfare I had to endure I chose to remove her as a friend. Some years has passed and I allowed her to communicate to me via phone calls and text. Our children attend the same school and we see each other through passing. She has let me know that her father has passed away and would like me to attend the viewing and funeral. At first I said yes then I agreed not to attend the funeral , but would attend the viewing. Now I'm having second thoughts again because with the whole family being together at one place the demonic presence is going to be very dominating. Now I will say when I made the decision to walk away from our friendship it was because the demonic force had me in fear. That is the main reason I chose not to go to the funeral. I know GOD does not give us a spirit of fear and I'm much spiritually stronger than previous but I do not want to encounter the spiritual warfare that comes with being around such darkness.

Am I allowing this fear to weaken me and should I go? As I Prayed about it the scripture let the dead bury their dead came to mind. Now I do not know if this is GOD or again just me being in fear. Also I do not want to tempt GOD by placing myself in such heavy demonic spirits, and again I feel I need to confront in order to overcome the fear.

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks and Blessings​