T
toinena
Guest
Today was the big day for spring cleaning. Yesterday the huge, blue container arrived, ready to be filled. And today I got some people over to really get rid of things that have kept piling up over the years. Old mattresses, broken desks, wallpapers left from the nineties, fabrics I once bought to make baby clothes to my now 17 years old son. It was about time. I found some long lost treasures and some more trash. It felt good, and I was thinking, why didn't I do this before?
And, it seems to be time for some spring cleaning in my life, too. I just changed jobs, still hanging on to my two (or three, if I count Airbnb in) different part time jobs on top of that. Do I really need them? Shouldn't I be satisfied with just the one, or should I reduce my hours and to finally take the master's degree? The thing I have been talking about for years, but never seem to have time to. I have already talked to my boss, and he is all for it. Now is the time.
I should also look at my priorities in life? Where do I seek advice? Who do I seek to please? Do I really put Christ first?
Lot's of things have happened lately. I have had some tough times, I have made some new friends. I have become part time foster mum for a teenage girl, I have experienced a great loss. some smaller losses and some victories, too.
It happens so quickly everything, it is hard to keep track. And in the midst of this storm, I just keep thinking. Shouldn't I do some real spring cleaning? What kind of habits do I have that are not pleasing to God? Why don't I ever find time and energy to do the voluntary work I have signed up for? Why do I feel so easily down? Why do I let people hurt me? And why do I always feel I am missing something?
One thing I can do, is to stop looking for something better, when I already should be content. To continue meeting the day with praise, and try to keep that bliss during the day. Stop watching an endless stream of videos, and make time to read the Bible instead. And to clear the calendar, so that I give God one day of the week. At least. Yes. I have a lot of spring cleaning to do. And it will continue long time after they pick up the container on Monday.
And, it seems to be time for some spring cleaning in my life, too. I just changed jobs, still hanging on to my two (or three, if I count Airbnb in) different part time jobs on top of that. Do I really need them? Shouldn't I be satisfied with just the one, or should I reduce my hours and to finally take the master's degree? The thing I have been talking about for years, but never seem to have time to. I have already talked to my boss, and he is all for it. Now is the time.
I should also look at my priorities in life? Where do I seek advice? Who do I seek to please? Do I really put Christ first?
Lot's of things have happened lately. I have had some tough times, I have made some new friends. I have become part time foster mum for a teenage girl, I have experienced a great loss. some smaller losses and some victories, too.
It happens so quickly everything, it is hard to keep track. And in the midst of this storm, I just keep thinking. Shouldn't I do some real spring cleaning? What kind of habits do I have that are not pleasing to God? Why don't I ever find time and energy to do the voluntary work I have signed up for? Why do I feel so easily down? Why do I let people hurt me? And why do I always feel I am missing something?
One thing I can do, is to stop looking for something better, when I already should be content. To continue meeting the day with praise, and try to keep that bliss during the day. Stop watching an endless stream of videos, and make time to read the Bible instead. And to clear the calendar, so that I give God one day of the week. At least. Yes. I have a lot of spring cleaning to do. And it will continue long time after they pick up the container on Monday.