Standards

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PATrobus

May 6, 2023
Reminders - Standards​

Some Christians think more highly of themselves than they should. By elevating themselves, they find that most other people don’t measure up to their standards. They think others should pray more, read the Bible more, study more, act more loving, not be so critical, not watch so much TV, not drive so fast, should go to the same church as they do, etc. On the contrary, there are other Christians who think of themselves as being less acceptable than Christ sees them to be. They don’t believe they are living up to the religious standards that others set for them. They think others judge how they evangelize or if they do it enough, or how much they study the scriptures, or how much they pray. They think all other Christians are better than they are, even elevating some to “right there next to God” status. Most of the rest of us fall somewhere in between, still comparing, but considering ourselves as average, therefore probably acceptable Christians. If you see yourself in one of the above categories, there are two things wrong.

First, if you are going to judge yourself or others, don’t use any person other than Jesus as the standard. When our eyes are looking to Jesus as an example, we all fall far short of His obedience. None of us can measure up to His perfection, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23 Jesus is the righteous standard by which all are judged. Those who are saved recognize their salvation isn’t earned, and they can only stand before God by having His righteousness. Those who are not saved, try to earn favor with God and will fail without Him in their own righteousness. Isaiah 64:6

Second, Paul says that we should not be comparing ourselves to others. “For we dare not make ourselves of the number or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.” 2 Corinthians 10:12 We are not to be making any comparisons, neither by elevating ourselves, nor by putting others on a pedestal. Our business is to hear and be obedient to what the Lord Jesus is telling us to do. Peter fell into the trap of comparing himself to another in John 21. After Jesus told Peter how he would die, Peter asked what would happen to John. “Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me."
Final thoughts: We can’t change what is past, so quit crying over what might have been. And only God has control of the future, so quit worrying about what might happen. But we should be living by faith in the present. Listen for His voice today, agree with what He tells YOU to do, and have no concern over what He is doing in other people’s lives. He is our only standard. Live to please Him, not others.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
Luke 14:8-11 “When you are invited by anyone to a wedding feast, do not sit down in the best place, lest one more honorable than you be invited by him; 9 and he who invited you and him come and say to you, ‘Give place to this man,’ and then you begin with shame to take the lowest place. 10 But when you are invited, go and sit down in the lowest place, so that when he who invited you comes he may say to you, ‘Friend, go up higher.’ Then you will have glory in the presence of those who sit at the table with you. 11 For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

L

Locoponydirtman

Go faster than the posted speed limit.
What does that have to do with the subject? It seems out of place.
I guess i am missing the whole point over all. Not just that part.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Reminders - Standards​

Some Christians think more highly of themselves than they should. By elevating themselves, they find that most other people don’t measure up to their standards. They think others should pray more, read the Bible more, study more, act more loving, not be so critical, not watch so much TV, not drive so fast, should go to the same church as they do, etc. On the contrary, there are other Christians who think of themselves as being less acceptable than Christ sees them to be. They don’t believe they are living up to the religious standards that others set for them. They think others judge how they evangelize or if they do it enough, or how much they study the scriptures, or how much they pray. They think all other Christians are better than they are, even elevating some to “right there next to God” status. Most of the rest of us fall somewhere in between, still comparing, but considering ourselves as average, therefore probably acceptable Christians. If you see yourself in one of the above categories, there are two things wrong.

First, if you are going to judge yourself or others, don’t use any person other than Jesus as the standard. When our eyes are looking to Jesus as an example, we all fall far short of His obedience. None of us can measure up to His perfection, “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23 Jesus is the righteous standard by which all are judged. Those who are saved recognize their salvation isn’t earned, and they can only stand before God by having His righteousness. Those who are not saved, try to earn favor with God and will fail without Him in their own righteousness. Isaiah 64:6

Second, Paul says that we should not be comparing ourselves to others. “For we dare not make ourselves of the number or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.” 2 Corinthians 10:12 We are not to be making any comparisons, neither by elevating ourselves, nor by putting others on a pedestal. Our business is to hear and be obedient to what the Lord Jesus is telling us to do. Peter fell into the trap of comparing himself to another in John 21. After Jesus told Peter how he would die, Peter asked what would happen to John. “Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me."
Final thoughts: We can’t change what is past, so quit crying over what might have been. And only God has control of the future, so quit worrying about what might happen. But we should be living by faith in the present. Listen for His voice today, agree with what He tells YOU to do, and have no concern over what He is doing in other people’s lives. He is our only standard. Live to please Him, not others.
are you the second coming 😊

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Reminders - Standards​

I basically agree with you. However, we shouldn't think we don't need Godly examples in our lives to learn from. Problems arise if we look to the wrong people to emulate. So we shouldn't base our worth in comparison to others; but we should try to find good, Godly examples.

PATrobus

May 6, 2023
I basically agree with you. However, we shouldn't think we don't need Godly examples in our lives to learn from. Problems arise if we look to the wrong people to emulate. So we shouldn't base our worth in comparison to others; but we should try to find good, Godly examples.
I agree as Heb. 13:7 tells us, "Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation." but we are not to follow them, but rather their faith. Men will fail, and if my trust or faith is in man I will be disappointed. But rather, if my trust and faith is in Jesus, He will never fail or disappoint me. Thus the point of my OP.

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
I agree as Heb. 13:7 tells us, "Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation." but we are not to follow them, but rather their faith. Men will fail, and if my trust or faith is in man I will be disappointed. But rather, if my trust and faith is in Jesus, He will never fail or disappoint me. Thus the point of my OP.
so you are the second coming them 😊

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
I foresee that you will be the next going if you persist in this strange fundaamentality. :geek:
thanks but that wouldn't be perfect. 😁 Obviously our new member hasn't answered a simple question.

By the way when did you get to be a moderator.

Get in line. 😊

Are new member should answer for himself.

But seeing as you want to answer for him this would also explain why you think your a moderator.

And my name is jay thanks which is fundamental of me to say so.👍

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
I Thus the point of my OP.
I can think of better ways to get your message across than condemn people or Christians behaviour on your very first post to cc. Have you come back for revenge or to get on your high horse again
@PATrobus
Patrobus is a beetle isn't it
Are you having fun there

1683476098012.png

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
thanks but that wouldn't be perfect. 😁 Obviously our new member hasn't answered a simple question.

By the way when did you get to be a moderator.

Get in line. 😊

Are new member should answer for himself.

But seeing as you want to answer for him this would also explain why you think your a moderator.

And my name is jay thanks which is fundamental of me to say so.👍
Lol, I'm not a mod but I play one cc. :cool:

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
I don't know about the beetle issue, but i do believe we have a few tumble bugs in the op.:eek::ROFL:

Fundaamental

Mar 17, 2023
Reminders - Standards​

Some Christians think more highly of themselves than they should.
argumentive. Does this make you higher.

By elevating themselves, they find that most other people don’t measure up to their standards.
there is no self in a Christian, we are one family with Christ. Again argumentive thinking about yourself and how your feelings have been hurt. Get over it. Just ask God to take your pain away. or ask him how you can help theese people. and whilst your there wait silently for an answer on how you can please God.

They think others should pray more, read the Bible more, study more, act more loving, not be so critical, .
They is a famous a famous word use by the accuser of the brethren the devil, when painting every person with the same brush.

not watch so much TV, not drive so fast, should go to the same church as they do, etc.
etc does this mean you don't really care about this much.

On the contrary, there are other Christians who think of themselves as being less acceptable than Christ sees them to be. They don’t believe they are living up to the religious standards that others set for them. They think others judge how they evangelize or if they do it enough, or how much they study the scriptures, or how much they pray. They think all other Christians are better than they are, even elevating some to “right there next to God” status. Most of the rest of us fall somewhere in between, still comparing, but considering ourselves as average, therefore probably acceptable Christians. If you see yourself in one of the above categories, there are two things wrong.
You've used the word they 7 times here so your falsely accusing somebody nobody and maybe 1 person.

First, if you are going to judge yourself or others, don’t use any person other than Jesus as the standard. When our eyes are looking to Jesus as an example, we all fall far short of His obedience. None of us can measure up to His perfection,.
You've just judged a whole bunch of innocent people take the log out of your own eye first.

secondly because other people make mistakes it is not up to Christians to Judge them, it is up to Christian to find out why they are making mistakes then advice them accordingly.

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23 Jesus is the righteous standard by which all are judged. Those who are saved recognize their salvation isn’t earned, and they can only stand before God by having His righteousness. Those who are not saved, try to earn favor with God and will fail without Him in their own righteousness. Isaiah 64:6..
It's not upto you to decide who is saved or not.
No true Christian earns there salvation.
So this statement is for none Christians. This is where Christians
Advice people to pray more go to the right church, but to theese people they feal like there being judged. But your Job should be to talk to God and ask him how you can please him by helping Theese people.
I think you have problems with Judgment,
It's your self who is on the pedestal,
You've been arguing to long.
Your not letting go.
Your mistaking unsaved people for saved people.
Your judging the standards of unsaved people to the standards of saved people.
All the problems you have addressed when you grow in faith.
None of these things would annoy you or be an issue.
In fact you would help them to grow.