Starbucks now wants their employees to become "Color brave" and refer to their stores as a "third place"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 2, 2009
Starbucks now wants their employees to become "Color brave" and call their stores "Third place"

I have no idea what they mean by "third place", but here is an excerpt from the article:

Starbucks Executive Vice President Rossann Williams gave an example, claiming she observed a barista approach a customer who was using uncomfortable language and say: “You are in our store every day, and we love that this is your third place, but from one human to another human, the language that you are using is making other customers uncomfortable. So either you have to change your behavior, and stay and be a part of our third place, or I’m going to have to ask you to leave,...."

Link to article:
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2...king-to-customers-one-human-to-one-human.html

longtrekker

Sep 23, 2014

Starbucks are twisting themselves into PC pretzels! Given that they're paragons of this disorder it's kind of funny and headshaking at the same time. I kind of feel sorry for individual owners tho - I expect some just want to make an honest living and now they have to deal these spastic decrees from H.Q.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Here's another quote from the article, from the company's mission statement:
"... we exist to inspire and nurture the human spirit ..."

Hmmm... I somehow suspect they may actually exist to sell little cups of over-priced coffee, and turn a profit for their stockholders.

Whoever writes their stuff should be running for Congress.
:)

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
Didn't the CEO say that he didn't want conservatives to buy his coffee?

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
Starbucks now wants their employees to become "Color brave" and call their stores "Third place"

I have no idea what they mean by "third place", but here is an excerpt from the article:

Starbucks Executive Vice President Rossann Williams gave an example, claiming she observed a barista approach a customer who was using uncomfortable language and say: “You are in our store every day, and we love that this is your third place, but from one human to another human, the language that you are using is making other customers uncomfortable. So either you have to change your behavior, and stay and be a part of our third place, or I’m going to have to ask you to leave,...."

Link to article:
http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2...king-to-customers-one-human-to-one-human.html

Maybe it means like home away from home :) Home being first, work second, and Starbucks third? :D
That's what I thought too. I don't go to Starbucks anymore it's waay tooo PC anti American for me.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Didn't the CEO say that he didn't want conservatives to buy his coffee?
That is correct. Starbucks is spiraling downhill with all this race-related nonsense. They started out as yuppie havens, and now they are becoming homeless shelters.

The pro-life niece of Martin Luther King, Jr. said that if Starbucks truly wanted to end racism, it would stop funding Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion provider.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ed-parenthood-if-serious-about-ending-racism/

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
No he never said that.
Not in those exact words. He told the conservative to take his shareholder business elsewhere.

Also Starbucks employees were refusing service to Trump supporters.

The Quote: “She wouldn’t serve me,” an angry David Sanguesa told the Herald. “She knew I was a Trump supporter and wouldn’t give me my coffee.”
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03...yosemite-is-nothing-new-for-the-coffee-chain/

Also, Starbucks showed contempt for Trump's policies on illegal immigrants. So this was the response as shown on one tweet:

USA NEWS@USANEWS007

Instead of hiring 10,000 AMERICANS/VETERANS Anti-USA Starbucks decides to hire 10,000 REFUGEES. Calling on ALL Patriots to #BoycottStarbucks

12:45 PM - Jan 30, 2017

Aug 2, 2009
Not in those exact words. He told the conservative to take his shareholder business elsewhere.

Also Starbucks employees were refusing service to Trump supporters.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/03...yosemite-is-nothing-new-for-the-coffee-chain/

Also, Starbucks showed contempt for Trump's policies on illegal immigrants. So this was the response as shown on one tweet:

USA NEWS@USANEWS007

Instead of hiring 10,000 AMERICANS/VETERANS Anti-USA Starbucks decides to hire 10,000 REFUGEES. Calling on ALL Patriots to #BoycottStarbucks

12:45 PM - Jan 30, 2017
I follow business news pretty closely and the first statement sounds completely false. No CEO in their right mind would ever say something like that. I'd really like to see a link to some evidence of him saying that..

I can also say with confidence that the second statement is also false. There was an incident in the news about a college coffee shop who kicked out a group of young republicans but it was not a starbucks.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Starbucks has basically turned all their shops
into climate-controlled bus stops with restrooms.

M

Miri

I’m pretty shocked they would even need to address this issue.

It’s a non issue I would have thought it was common sense to treat
all customers in a polite manner.

I’m mixed race living in the UK and I’ve never been anywhere, hospital,
shops, offices, cafes, restaurants etc, where I was treated different to
anyone else.

If you see people instead of skin colour, there is no issue.

Aug 2, 2009
They had to address it because of two recent incidents where black men were treated unfairly by the employees. One was denied restroom key but then they gave the key to a white man who didn't buy anything either... The other was where an employee had 2 black men arrested because they were sitting at a table waiting for their friends. They had only been there for 2 minutes and their friends actually showed up 2 minutes later, so they weren't lying.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
They had to address it because of two recent incidents where black men were treated unfairly by the employees. One was denied restroom key but then they gave the key to a white man who didn't buy anything either... The other was where an employee had 2 black men arrested because they were sitting at a table waiting for their friends. They had only been there for 2 minutes and their friends actually showed up 2 minutes later, so they weren't lying.
starbucks , like any other private owned business , has the right to refuse service to anyone. businesses used to display this sign. maybe they could have handled it better, but they absolutely had the right to ask those guys to leave. and no point of all this silly virtue singling.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I’m pretty shocked they would even need to address this issue.

It’s a non issue I would have thought it was common sense to treat
all customers in a polite manner.

I’m mixed race living in the UK and I’ve never been anywhere, hospital,
shops, offices, cafes, restaurants etc, where I was treated different to
anyone else.

If you see people instead of skin colour, there is no issue.
I always wondered about your race... :p according to your avatar, you are half black and half yellow? :D

When filling out most forms, my race has become "white". I always thought I was more beige/brown, depending on what season of the year it is. In summertime, my arms approach mocha, while my, um, bikini area is lily white. So, I suppose I'm sort of bi-racial... if, indeed "white" is a "race"..... In fact, on some forms, the "race" question becomes "Hispanic" or "non-Hispanic".... goofy stuff.

I always want to check the box for "native American".... because I am. I was born here... doesn't that make me "native" ?

In case anyone doesn't understand, I think that having to identify yourself according to race is pretty silly. :rolleyes:

M

Miri

I always wondered about your race... :p according to your avatar, you are half black and half yellow? :D

When filling out most forms, my race has become "white". I always thought I was more beige/brown, depending on what season of the year it is. In summertime, my arms approach mocha, while my, um, bikini area is lily white. So, I suppose I'm sort of bi-racial... if, indeed "white" is a "race"..... In fact, on some forms, the "race" question becomes "Hispanic" or "non-Hispanic".... goofy stuff.

I always want to check the box for "native American".... because I am. I was born here... doesn't that make me "native" ?

In case anyone doesn't understand, I think that having to identify yourself according to race is pretty silly. :rolleyes:

Well I’m pasty tanned in winter, darker tanned in summer, either way I have a
perfect all year tan. Lol

Oh not forgetting the black and white! I never even bother filling out those
gender, race, religion forms. Sometimes I just feel like putting down human from planet
earth with 2 arms, 2 legs .... ?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Oh not forgetting the black and white! I never even bother filling out those
gender, race, religion forms. Sometimes I just feel like putting down human from planet
earth
with 2 arms, 2 legs .... ?

I wrote that on a form once...
the clerk looked me up and down and then erased it.

---------