starting a 'business'

  • Thread starter Thread starter goth4god
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

goth4god

Guest
so me and my friend had decided a while ago to embark on a great adventure and have a booth at an anime convention. well this has just turned into stress and stuff... lol I knew it would...
but anyways... we are just having a hard time figuring out what kind of business license we need for the booth (the stupid website wont post the rules and regs for booths until the registration day) and we both got depressed recently and lost valuable time for working on what we are selling. I just had a pep talk with my friend cuz she thinks her drawings suck, and we are going to try our hardest to work toward having a booth since if we dont have a goal we wont get anywhere.
but I would just love it if you could pray for us to have strength to keep all this up, keep us motivated and excited about it and to keep us in good spirits.
this is my first real business venture of what I hope to be many since I plan to start my own business, and maybe with my friend, and if all turns out horrid at least we will have learned some lessons, but please pray it turns out the other way! ha ha!
 
You and your friend are in my prayers for a sucessful buisness.
God bless, pickles
 
so me and my friend had decided a while ago to embark on a great adventure and have a booth at an anime convention. well this has just turned into stress and stuff... lol I knew it would...
but anyways... we are just having a hard time figuring out what kind of business license we need for the booth (the stupid website wont post the rules and regs for booths until the registration day) and we both got depressed recently and lost valuable time for working on what we are selling. I just had a pep talk with my friend cuz she thinks her drawings suck, and we are going to try our hardest to work toward having a booth since if we dont have a goal we wont get anywhere.
but I would just love it if you could pray for us to have strength to keep all this up, keep us motivated and excited about it and to keep us in good spirits.
this is my first real business venture of what I hope to be many since I plan to start my own business, and maybe with my friend, and if all turns out horrid at least we will have learned some lessons, but please pray it turns out the other way! ha ha!
It sounds like you both have a good Idea, but need a business plan. Also, you might want to talk to someone about the business license. Before you give up; try to regroup and come up with a business plan. For example: What kind of business service will it be? How will you advertise it? Will you be doing business online or in real life? Things like that.

After you are organized, you may have better success.

Good luck with your projectys
 
well, I know how to do all of that, I am taking business classes.
this is a bit different cuz it is only a booth for a weekend so those questions are a bit useless. however if we plan on doing this again in the future it would be good to have a business plan ( I am currently making one for myself in class)
but thanks! ^_^
 
we are just having a hard time figuring out what kind of business license we need for the booth (the stupid website wont post the rules and regs for booths until the registration day)

It is probably a general operating license from the local Chamber of Commerce in the area where the booth will be located.

You will also most likely be asked to obtain liability insurance. If you cannot afford the property portion, just obtain the liability (don't let the agent sucker you - discern). Most likely, something along the lines of $2M - $5M. It shouldn't cost much - sometimes, these organizations will have an option where you pay a fee and they will deal with the insurance for you. That's about it. Get your booth ready! :D
 
Another good advice. Obtaining licences and insurances and stuff like that, mostly take a while. Don't wait for the last week to get information, or you won't have it in time. You know, those officials aren't the fastest workers around :D:D (Now I do hope there aren't any officials around on cc :p)