"As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God...." —Psalm 42: 1
"My soul is downcast within me..." —Psalm 42: 6
No psalm quite expresses the status of my inward self like Psalm 42. Ever since I came to know Jesus over 20 years ago, I have this intense longing to be with Him. It is incomprehensible, but it is perfectly stated when compared to a deer who needs water. I eagerly seek to meet with Him in church, prayer, or in dreams. That is just a sip. Wherever He is, that is where I want to be. One day, I will be standing near Him and be overjoyed.
Later in Psalm 42, the psalmist states how his soul is downcast. This too is how I feel, and I cannot determine the reason why. It seems like most everyone else walks around with a hop in their step, a smile on their face, and joy in their heart. Although I am clearly more joyful, than I was—I cannot stop wondering why is life so hard? It feels like I am a bit broken. My hope is in the Lord. He is the source of all that is good, noble, and lovely.
"My soul is downcast within me..." —Psalm 42: 6
No psalm quite expresses the status of my inward self like Psalm 42. Ever since I came to know Jesus over 20 years ago, I have this intense longing to be with Him. It is incomprehensible, but it is perfectly stated when compared to a deer who needs water. I eagerly seek to meet with Him in church, prayer, or in dreams. That is just a sip. Wherever He is, that is where I want to be. One day, I will be standing near Him and be overjoyed.
Later in Psalm 42, the psalmist states how his soul is downcast. This too is how I feel, and I cannot determine the reason why. It seems like most everyone else walks around with a hop in their step, a smile on their face, and joy in their heart. Although I am clearly more joyful, than I was—I cannot stop wondering why is life so hard? It feels like I am a bit broken. My hope is in the Lord. He is the source of all that is good, noble, and lovely.