Stepping into your calling

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Joany

Jul 22, 2018
Do any of you feel this way:

You want to step into the calling God has for you but you seem to have no control over it. You’re guessing that God wants you to wait but...what are you supposed to do then??

I feel like I’m not really living, like I won’t be really living until I step into my calling but I don’t know how to step into it and I don’t wanna remain in this stage where I’m just awkwardly waiting to step into my calling. Truth is : I’ve been waiting for years since I’ve known; when is it gonna start and when am I gonna stop waiting and’ not living the life that I want to live ?

Do any of you guys know what I’m talking about ? I’m tired of seeing other people’ having dreams come’ true or at least seeing the birth of if and me, I’m just like always the same old, never anything new because no matter what I try to step into my calling it just doesn’t work out. Nothing works out.

I feel God’s peace, but maybe I got it all wrong...

LightBright

Mar 18, 2017
Hmm well i would ask what your calling is first but ig that could be none of my business, second i would pray about my purpose i think callings and purposes are completely different someone might be called to sing but they have no talent for it or it's just not God's will, or maybe they have a calling to preach but aren't called by God or don't meet the requirements but your purpose is always God given heade you for a purpose but, this could be underwhelming, you might already be living your purpose you could be living out what God made you to do say you're a wife then you can be living out your purpose as a mother or maybe you're a street preacher giving the good news to everyday people either way you could be doing what God made you to do already. Sometimes I've learned especially recently that we can make a lot of things idles i have been living with one I'm in the process of getting rid of now and we continue on trying to figure out what's wrong why things don't work but i found out, could be me, that I've had an idle and it was causing me to feel unhappy and making go to other things then God for satisfaction and maybe you should examine yourself and see if you're seeking an idle. I say everything out of love and hope that this helps you in some way even if it's small God bless.

Aug 2, 2009
Do any of you feel this way:

You want to step into the calling God has for you but you seem to have no control over it. You’re guessing that God wants you to wait but...what are you supposed to do then??

I feel like I’m not really living, like I won’t be really living until I step into my calling but I don’t know how to step into it and I don’t wanna remain in this stage where I’m just awkwardly waiting to step into my calling. Truth is : I’ve been waiting for years since I’ve known; when is it gonna start and when am I gonna stop waiting and’ not living the life that I want to live ?

Do any of you guys know what I’m talking about ? I’m tired of seeing other people’ having dreams come’ true or at least seeing the birth of if and me, I’m just like always the same old, never anything new because no matter what I try to step into my calling it just doesn’t work out. Nothing works out.

I feel God’s peace, but maybe I got it all wrong...
What is is that you enjoy doing? What are your interests? Start there.

Joany

Jul 22, 2018
So sorry for replying this late, thank you so much for taking the time to answer ☺️. I think I’ve started to accommodate to the concept of being under and not seeing anything right now, but seeing the glory being brought back to God later. So I’m like under, like a seed and I guess my best friend now is patience!

😘😘

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I can certainly understand how you feel, Joany. Do you think it might be helpful to discuss about your passion and heart’s desire with a trusted adult and seek advice? Sometimes an idea or a thought is all you need to start in a small way. I’m praying, asking God to provide encouragement, wisdom and guidance as you lean upon Him.