I miss understood the situation, please accept my apology.Attack on whose character, of me to RA or RA against the preacher who preaches against sodomy?
I miss understood the situation, please accept my apology.Attack on whose character, of me to RA or RA against the preacher who preaches against sodomy?
you seem to really give Anderson a pass on many things. he is not preaching to save or win homosexuals to God, he's advocating we kill them. where is that Biblical since Jesus died on the Cross?I like RA. If there were a friends list option on the forum, he would be on there.
I just need to get his name right. I didn't look closely enough when using my little screen at times. I see it's Resident Alien, Not Allen.
My bad.
When people attack a preacher for his preaching against that sin, I just ask. I don't know why people have the opinions they have all the time. That way I can know whether to have a discussion about that or if they need the gospel. If they say they are of the LGBPTQ++community, I'll witness to them of how they can be saved.
I'm glad Resident Alien is normal.....even if he is from another planet.
![]()
It looks like Gooey shut down lots of channels and put age restrictions on others.
Let's see how this little one works. The resolution might be better.
(Works OK for me, but I'm 18
so you think how the Textus Receptus literally ADDED 251 Verses, that have no ancient Papyrus in existence to copy a text from, so essentially the ADDED Verses are what a human being believes it should be is considered a better form of the Word of God?Okay, I watched this video and it's pretty good. I agree that modern versions based on Sinaiticus and Vaticanus are worthless. But he lumps in the NKJV with the other modern versions.
The NKJV is based on the same text type (Byzantine) manuscripts which Erasmus used for the Textus Receptus; however, we now have many, many more Byzantine manuscripts than Erasmus ever dreamed of.
Anderson used a lot of examples from the Old Testament to demonstrate that the KJV is actually easier to understand than the NKJV. Granted, the examples he used are usually harder to understand in the NKJV; but from my research the NKJV translation is more accurate.
The example he used from Matthew 7:14 which changes "narrow is the way" (KJV) to "difficult is the way" (NKJV) is a stretch. Anderson claims it was changed to reflect a salvation based on works. The Greek thlee'-bo means to make narrow by constriction; affliction; persecution. To me the NKJV is a better translation but it still doesn't seem to capture the meaning precisely.
Really I think Anderson just doesn't like the NKJV because it's not the KJV.
The word "papyrus" itself should be a red flag. Papyrus was used in Egypt and Alexandria -- the center of Gnostic heresies -- is also in Egypt. So just connect the dots. Just because a document is "ancient" means absolutely nothing.so you think how the Textus Receptus literally ADDED 251 Verses, that have no ancient Papyrus in existence to copy a text from, so essentially the ADDED Verses are what a human being believes it should be is considered a better form of the Word of God?
Jerome in 350 AD had all of the CURRENT most original Greek copies and created the Latin Vulgate New Testament from those copies.The word "papyrus" itself should be a red flag. Papyrus was used in Egypt and Alexandria -- the center of Gnostic heresies -- is also in Egypt. So just connect the dots. Just because a document is "ancient" means absolutely nothing.
There are actually seven criteria used to establish the value of ancient documents. And it was F.H.A. Scrivener -- the leading authority on Bible manuscripts in the 19th century (who wrote the textbook on textual criticism) -- who said that the worst corruptions of the NT were made very early on. In fact he had more confidence in the later manuscripts. And actual investigation and collation has established that the most ancient uncials -- Aleph, A, B, C, and D, are the most corrupt.
so you think how the Textus Receptus literally ADDED 251 Verses, that have no ancient Papyrus in existence to copy a text from, so essentially the ADDED Verses are what a human being believes it should be is considered a better form of the Word of God?
Jerome in 350 AD had all of the CURRENT most original Greek copies and created the Latin Vulgate New Testament from those copies.
the Textus Receptus in 1516 AD claims to have similar copies but there's an ADDITIONAL 251 VERSES ADDED.
Jerome spent 35 years and people believe he did not see these 251 Verses that MAGICALLY APPEARED 1,200 YEARS LATER?
tell me people are not this IGNORANT!!
well, Anderson is, but no one else is, ARE THEY?
No worries.I miss understood the situation, please accept my apology.
have you ever studied this before, other than a movie by Steven Anderson?You're so far out of your depth on this you should stop now while you're ahead.
have you ever studied this before, other than a movie by Steven Anderson?
the Greek Copies are the same from Jerome to Erasmus.
let me give you some examples of Jerome and Erasmus.
Jerome Hebrews 1:3 who, being the effulgence of his glory and the exact image of his substance
Erasmus Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person
Jerome 1 John 5:7-8
7 For they that testify are three,
8 the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are one.
Erasmus 1 John 5:7-8
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
how does the extra words Erasmus have suddenly appear that Jerome did not have using the SAME GREEK TEXTS?
what's to give?Discussion is a give and take. You aren't interested in discussion. You're interested in proving yourself right, even if it has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.
When and if you learn the meaning of give and take then maybe we can talk.
what's to give?
in just those 2 examples, Erasmus has added 31 (THIRTY-ONE WORDS) and changed 3 (THREE WORDS) ...using the SAME GREEK TEXTS!!
there's no discussion. Erasmus bastardized the Bible!
just to add here.what's to give?
in just those 2 examples, Erasmus has added 31 (THIRTY-ONE WORDS) and changed 3 (THREE WORDS) ...using the SAME GREEK TEXTS!!
there's no discussion. Erasmus bastardized the Bible!
those are 3rd and 4th Century Codexes.I have no idea what this has to do with what we talking about. We were talking about Sinaiticus, Vaticanus and the payri; then you go off on this tangent with no explanation. Catch ya later.
="The_Watchers_2017, post: 4895207, member: 316734"]you seem to really give Anderson a pass on many things. he is not preaching to save or win homosexuals to God, he's advocating we kill them.
Everything he preaches is public.
Please post the time mark and video for your allegation. I can't remember him saying that you and I kill anyone. However, I HAVE heard with my own ears people threatening to kill and rape him, his family and his church families. Why are you upset with preaching against sodomy, but not with the plague of sins that is bringing God's judgement?
So you don't like his preaching on the dangers of homosexuality.
That does not make him a false prophet.
Up until recently, most Baptist and various other evangelicals preached against Sodomy.
The liberal pastors always hated the Bible preaching evangelical preachers. So what?
Why should I care?
Read the New Testament.
Jesus Himself didn't excuse their abomination. He used Sodom and Gomorrah as examples of judgement.
Guess who judged all the many wicked homosexual cities of the plain of Lot's region in the O.T.?
Jesus brought down fire and brimstone from heaven upon all of those cities and likely others that aren't even recorded in the Bible.
I say Amen! Jesus was right.
I pray that Americans will be spared further judgement and many will have time to get saved before His gavel comes down upon us.
hey, my bad!I have no idea what this has to do with what we talking about. We were talking about Sinaiticus, Vaticanus and the payri; then you go off on this tangent with no explanation. Catch ya later.