Still unsure

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Kaykel

Dec 26, 2020
Does anyome else ever feel like its impossible that they're saved? I cannot stop doubting my salvation. I just have this unshakeable belief that I'll be sure im saved when i see proof or changes, but even at that, i still wont be assured of salvation

P.s i actually open my bible . I might not read chapters and chapters, but im gettong there.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Does anyome else ever feel like its impossible that they're saved? I cannot stop doubting my salvation. I just have this unshakeable belief that I'll be sure im saved when i see proof or changes, but even at that, i still wont be assured of salvation

P.s i actually open my bible . I might not read chapters and chapters, but im gettong there.
@Kaykel
I sent you private message a few days ago , I thought it may help you...
...xox...

Mar 4, 2020

Not at all. For me the promises of the Bible have been spot on:

Hebrews 12:14
14Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

mar09

Sep 17, 2014

Hi kaykel,
I dont feel it's impossible for me or others to be saved. And even if it took me many years to grow and learn as a child of God, it's all worth the journey.

Started to read my own Bible when i was a teen, and had to go thru many humps as well as potholes in my life, but the best thing is God is with us. The enemy will keep convincing us that we're alone, no one understands, life is hopeless, whatever.. but keep on in the truths of God's word. Since we physically eat usually 3 meals a day, wont we eat spiritual food daily too? Doesnt have to be many chapters, just enough portions during the day. and God will sustain you as u also trust and obey.

Happy trip in this life, whatever may come.. i was just listening to a sister's recording of Because He Lives this morning, and know i can face tomorrow and laugh at the future too=).

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018

Hello Kaykel, assurance can be a very fleeting thing at times. That said, it's important to remember that our not having assurance does not mean that we are not saved.

2 Corinthians 13:5 tells us to examine and test ourselves, to make sure that we really and truly are the Christians that we claim & believe ourselves to be (so we can talk about what to look for, how to examine/test yourself, if you'd like to). For now though, what is the principle reason (or reasons) that you cannot stop doubting your salvation? Is it mostly a sense or feeling that you have, or is it something more concrete perhaps :unsure:

Praying for you!

God bless you!!

~Deut
p.s. - you mentioned the lack of proof/changes in your life. Is there anything that you can point to that's consistently different about your life now (what you do, what you say, and/or how you think) when you compare it to how you lived your life before coming to Christ :unsure:

Kaykel

Dec 26, 2020
I know that changes don't happen instantly, but i just dont think i can call myself a Christian yet, because ... i still seem way too bad...

I guess you could say a few things changed since i came to Christ. I'm a bit more aware of certain things , and I'm more aware of how i treat people, and I'm trying to work on that.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

People who rely on the goodness / worthiness of Jesus for their salvation will be assured of their salvation..

People who rely on the goodness / worthiness of themselves for their salvation will be in doubts and torments for the rest of their lives..

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Dear Kaykel, even though when you see changes, and that's some evidence for own assurance... this is still to walk by sight, and a trap into which many of us fall. We're supposed to trust in God, that He's going to bring us where He wants us to be. When we exercise this confidence in God (as opposed to confidence in ourselves) is when the Spirit is flowing and progress happens. How many deeds or changes are "good enough"? The fact is that we are all a work in progress, and the fundamental problem with salvation insecurity is lacking faith. If one lacks faith, no assurances will be enough and doubts will remain - if you look at atheists this is very clear. You can reason with them all day long the reality of intelligent design, but they cannot believe. It's important to truly acquire assurance. But, I've come to believe that the way of acquiring it is not by constantly monitoring our works. At some point, we have to put trust in God's character and forfeit obsessing about ourselves all the time; imagine if a soldier in battle started overthinking at every turn what might happen to him and is he fit to be in the unit, as opposed to being present. This is an ineffective soldier and this is why it's a trap. This just spiritually paralyzes people, rendering them ineffective, and God doesn't want unfruitful things like this for us. We don't need to be running in circles and condemning ourselves any more. God's Spirit will search us as He sees fit, and remove what He sees fit.

Dec 30, 2020
I know that changes don't happen instantly, but i just dont think i can call myself a Christian yet, because ... i still seem way too bad...

I guess you could say a few things changed since i came to Christ. I'm a bit more aware of certain things , and I'm more aware of how i treat people, and I'm trying to work on that.
Pray to God for His help in doing, feeling, and thinking the right things and in guiding your life. Being a Christian is not just a change of mind. It is also a change of heart where the person has received the Holy Spirit of God and is dependent on Him for strength and guidance. In the old testament, people had to obey all of the commandments but were unable. That's why we need Jesus. He not only cleansed us of our sins, but He made it easy for us to obey His commandments. Here is the secret: If we do everything with love in our hearts we will be obeying the spirit of the law and not necessarily the letter of the law. Pray to the Father to fill your heart with that same love that He shares with Jesus. John 17: 26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and wil declare it, that the love with which thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

EternalFire

Jan 3, 2019

This video will help you understand "how to know" by consulting what is written in the Scriptures.

Dec 30, 2020
It is the Holy Spirit of God that sanctifies us. To sanctify means to fix or adjust in order to perform its intended use. Pray for the Holy Spirit to strengthen your resolve to overcome your sins.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
know that changes don't happen instantly, but i just dont think i can call myself a Christian yet, because ... i still seem way too bad...
If you are measuring whether you are saved by how good or bad you are, I think you are missing the Gospel.

Satan will torment you with that game. Forever whispering, “ You call yourself a Christian!? Look at the things you do! You aren’t saved!”

He is the accuser of the BRETHREN, not the unsaved. He doesn’t need to accuse them of anything.

Sin for a Christian is like quicksand. The harder YOU struggle against it, the stronger the hold it has over you.

You need to come to the revelation that Jesus has paid for all your sin. It is finished. This realization, and the love and gratitude it bears toward Christ for His Grace, is what will enable you to take every thought captive, and give it to Him.

Try that next time you are tempted. Stop in your tracks, and ask Jesus to take that thought to sin. You’ll be amazed by His Power in you. And the sin that has such a stranglehold will no longer have it.

That doesn’t mean you won’t still stumble. But confess it, and move on. Don’t dwell on it, and continue to believe in Who Jesus is, and what He has done for you.

Then experience the joy of His Presence!

Aug 2, 2009

All you really need to do is believe in Jesus. The bible proclaims it...

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. - (John 3:16 NIV)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Generally speaking, unsaved people do not worry themselves over such an issue.