STIR FRY RECIPE?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Anyone have a delicious family sized stir fry recipe without meat?

notmyown

May 26, 2016
here's a link to some paleo recipes. i usually make it with meat; husband. lol

some of those recipes look gross (looking at you, Asian Beef Heart! ;)),
but the cabbage and apple, and the coconut curry (minus chicken) might do?

may the Lord bless your search.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016

Thanks notmyown.

I appreciate the link. I have a couple of vegan stir fries, but was wanting to find a variation from the two I normally make.

One of them uses a head of cauliflower as rice. It doesn't really taste like rice, but it adds a nice texture when partially cooked.

It's not too difficult to take a meat stir fry and leave out the meat, but sometimes the sauce is fish based. What I probably should do is to look up some sauces that can be veganized or some that already are vegetable based. God bless you!

Feb 28, 2016
hub is a master of 'stir-fry', first and foremost, 'FRESH' and all he does is mix different veggies
with herbs and spices that always just seem to go together so very well - KEY= Sesame OIL
along with a good grade of Olive Oil that passes ALL of the olive-oil-tests...

notmyown

May 26, 2016

Thanks notmyown.

I appreciate the link. I have a couple of vegan stir fries, but was wanting to find a variation from the two I normally make.

One of them uses a head of cauliflower as rice. It doesn't really taste like rice, but it adds a nice texture when partially cooked.

It's not too difficult to take a meat stir fry and leave out the meat, but sometimes the sauce is fish based. What I probably should do is to look up some sauces that can be veganized or some that already are vegetable based. God bless you!
thank you, too. :)

ohhhh, not vegetarian, vegan. i see.

i looked at the tomato-egg recipe and dismissed it, but the coconut curry sauce is vegan, i think? i've made that one.
coconut 'milk'... does that count? ;)

you're right, though, once you have a sauce repertoire, you can figure out the rest.
i do sometimes just want to make something different; are you experiencing that?

notmyown

May 26, 2016
hub is a master of 'stir-fry', first and foremost, 'FRESH' and all he does is mix different veggies
with herbs and spices that always just seem to go together so very well - KEY= Sesame OIL
is there going to be math on the olive oil test?? :eek:

;)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
You make it with husband meat? :confused: LOL

*ducks and runs*

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
You make it with husband meat? :confused: LOL*ducks and runs*

Hi Blue,

Had to laugh at myself.

I saw the ducks and was looking for another kind of animal and got confused at the runs part. Was thinking you might have misspelled some animal and I just couldn't figure it out. Like using meat your husband hunted and killed. But now I got it after rereading it a few times! Yes, I'm slow. :)

notmyown

May 26, 2016
you're not slow. she's just a v-e-r-y clever bug. :)

mochi

May 26, 2015
have you tried to add a bit of Indonesian sweet soy sauce??
it can be found on Asian market i think..
i always add a bit of it (just a bit) ;)
it can be for stir fry, fried rice, grill chicken and many others..
but its just me ;)
adding mushrooms powder (example: totole brand) will make it taste good as well ;)

mar09

Sep 17, 2014
MOCHI! i see ur alive because of ur post in the HR (recipes) forum!

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
Thanks Mochi!!!

I add mushrooms to all of my stir fries for their anti-cancer properties. I'm not sure, would the mushroom powder add a different flavor. The Indonesian sweet soy sauce sounds good. But I normally add some type of sweet in my stir fry, like I blend apricots or apricot jam with my soy sauce and that makes it sweet. I usually add something hot too, either red pepper flakes or sirachi sauce or something similar.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
I'm not real fond of sesame oil unfortunately because it adds tons of flavor. What herbs and spices do you use?

mochi

May 26, 2015
i think its different (though i'm a fan of fresh mushrooms myself.. lol)
mushrooms powder is an extract i think? which can be use as natural msg? not quiet sure.. but it added flavor.. yummy!

i never tried apricot blend with soy sauce.. sounds fresh and healthy!
i read on net that you can make your own sweet soy sauce by mixing palm/brown sugar and soy sauce? dunno if the taste will be the same or not >_<

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

What I've had a couple of times in the past was Seitan used as a meat substitute. Made right and well seasoned, it tasted really good and had a texture in the dish that was so close to that of meat, I probably would not have been able to tell the difference if blindfolded.

Desertsrose

Oct 24, 2016
What I've had a couple of times in the past was Seitan used as a meat substitute. Made right and well seasoned, it tasted really good and had a texture in the dish that was so close to that of meat, I probably would not have been able to tell the difference if blindfolded.
Thanks, YIG,

Yes, I've had seiten. I even made it myself twice. It amazingly does taste like meat. Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to give it a go again. :)