J
JesusFreek
Guest
Once upon a time
There lived a girl with pretty eyes
She held so much pain inside
Which she covered with silence and lies.
Her life seemed perfect
So nobody understood
They said, “You should be happy.”
And she’d say, “I don’t think I could.”
She just went on living
Shutting everyone out,
Always wondering if she
Was strong enough to get out.
Then along came a boy,
He was quite handsome in fact,
And to her surprise
He didn’t fall for her act.
He talked to her through her silence,
Even before knowing what was her deal.
He never once told her
How she should feel.
The pretty eyed girl
Didn’t know why he cared.
Why was he listening?
Why was he there?
The boy told the girl,
“You’re a mystery
And I don’t know why
But you’re important to me.”
The girl with pretty eyes
Didn’t know what to say’
But she knew for certain
Her heart was stolen that day.
And so this is the end
(which is really the start!)
Of the girl and boys tale
Of loving one’s heart.
There lived a girl with pretty eyes
She held so much pain inside
Which she covered with silence and lies.
Her life seemed perfect
So nobody understood
They said, “You should be happy.”
And she’d say, “I don’t think I could.”
She just went on living
Shutting everyone out,
Always wondering if she
Was strong enough to get out.
Then along came a boy,
He was quite handsome in fact,
And to her surprise
He didn’t fall for her act.
He talked to her through her silence,
Even before knowing what was her deal.
He never once told her
How she should feel.
The pretty eyed girl
Didn’t know why he cared.
Why was he listening?
Why was he there?
The boy told the girl,
“You’re a mystery
And I don’t know why
But you’re important to me.”
The girl with pretty eyes
Didn’t know what to say’
But she knew for certain
Her heart was stolen that day.
And so this is the end
(which is really the start!)
Of the girl and boys tale
Of loving one’s heart.