Story of my ACTUAL salvation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 10, 2018
This is one of the biggest testimonies in my life and I love sharing it. I hope I can shorten it cuz it's a pretty long story.

I was born into a Christian home so I always used to call myself a Christian. But in truth I really wasn't because all I did was go to church with my parents and fall asleep during every sermon. My uncle owns a chain of churches around my country, so it was a must to attend church. My parents tried to shelter me from things of the world like sex and the rest of them. I was barely allowed to have friends and never allowed to go out or even leave my house. I went to a Catholic boarding school and you'd expect it to be super pious, but it honestly wasn't. This was my first taste of freedom. My school was packed full of kids with raging hormones, and even though there were like a thousand ways invented to keep boys away from girls, there was always a way.

Jan 10, 2018
Anyways, boarding school was my first taste of freedom, being locked up at home all the time. This was where I became very loose. I made out with anyone I could and told myself that it was fine as long as I wasn't having sex. I mean it's just hand stuff right? Then it finally happened. We were just playing around in the supply closet, taking our clothes off and all, nothing new. We're kissing and touching, and suddenly he turns me around and I remember getting really stiff. I had no idea what he was doing. I had no prior knowledge about sex because I was so sheltered as a child. At this time, I was 16. I remember struggling a bit and telling him we should probably stop because I wasn't comfortable anymore. I remember him telling me that it's fine and I should calm down. I knew I was doing something different, but I didn't know I was having sex. I didn't know you could have sex while standing, didn't know you could have sex from behind, no one ever taught me.

Jan 10, 2018
Fast forward to a month after when I realized I missed my period. I remember telling all my friends that I was pregnant, but only as a joke because I was sure I was still a virgin. I mean it wasn't as if I bled right? That was what all the movies said about losing your virginity, right? Couple more months and missed periods after, I realized I was pregnant. I was in my senior year of high school and had already gotten admissions to colleges in the United States. I knew my life was about to end. There were so many possible scenarios. Firstly I wouldn't be able to take my final exams which were the biggest exams to graduate from high school in my country, because I'd be so sick with morning sickness and the rest of the pregnancy stuff, and wouldn't be able to graduate on time, and then wouldn't be able to go to college. Secondly, the school would find out I was pregnant and expel me on the spot cuz there was a zero tolerance policy for even breathing too close to someone of the opposite sex. Thirdly, if manage to graduate, but my super strict Christian minister parents would find out I was pregnant and single handedly send me to my grave themselves. The future wasn't looking too cheery for me

Jan 10, 2018
But guess what? None of the above happened. I had absolutely ZERO sicknesses or discomfort during the earlier part of my pregnancy, so I was able the ace my final exams. However, one of the reverend sisters in my school somehow figured out I was preggo, and I remember crying so hard the day I was told to go see her in her office. But she didn't tell me I was her to g expelled. She told me that she knows things happen and people make mistakes and she doesn't think I should pay such a great price for a little mistake, so she offered emotional support and promised to keep me secret, which she did. I was able to graduate high school with no setbacks. Now came the real obstacle, my parents. I had no plan on how to talk to them. So I chose not to. I knew that if they knew I was pregnant, even if they didn't kill me or shop me to some far off relative, they would definitely not let me fly half way across the world to attend college in a different country. I hid my pregnancy well. When I graduated, i was 5 months in, and I started college almost 2 months later. 7 months pregnant and no one suspected a thing. I was able to get housing on campus, which you're ineligible to get if your pregnant, but I did it

Jan 10, 2018
But that was as far as my plan got. I had no idea what to do next, and this was when I turned to God. I literally prayed everyday and cried everyday and begged God to see me through everything. I didn't take any pregnancy meds because I didn't know how to get them. I was in a new country. I prayed to God to keep my baby healthy. I calculated my due date myself, and I was right. I walked 2 miles to the hospital, 9 months pregnant because I didn't know anyway else to get there, I didn't know uber existed and I was too shy to ask questions. I simply googled hospital near me and started to walk. I got there and told them I was in labour, and at first they didn't believe me because my pregnancy was still barely showing. Laying on the hospital bed, I still had no plan. I knew I couldn't go back to school with a baby, I couldn't just leave her (Yeah she's a girl) in the hospital, and I definitely couldn't afford the hospital bill because I had no job

Jan 10, 2018
But, the Lord never leaves his people stranded. I gave birth to my baby, no complications. She was big and healthy (and looked just like her father, but I got over it). Finally, I knew I had to break the news to my family. I called my older sister and told her, and after a couple of hours, she finally believed me, and I begged her to keep it a secret. The next day, my dad called me; thanks sis. He yelled at me a great deal, but mostly about keeping something like that away from them and putting myself in so much risk. But there was absolutely no way they could fly all the way to America to take care of my child. So the question remained. What was I supposed to do next, I had class the next day

Jan 10, 2018
Ugh so I'd actually typed the entire ending before but somehow it got deleted so this is like a super summary cuz my fingers are starting to hurt.

So this random nurse who was literally a God sent Angel, walks into my room while I'm crying and praying and tells me her story about how she got pregnant really young too and the dad wanted nothing to do with her or her child (same with me, but I forgave him ), and she offers to watch my kid for me while I went to school. This lady that I had never met before with her 2 jobs and 3 kids offered to watch the baby of a complete stranger. If that's not God, I wonder what it is. She bought my daughter clothes and food and all that baby stuff and of stay over at her house on weekends when I wasn't in my campus dorm. Her whole gamily acceptwd both of us with open arms. My parents flew in a couple of months later and after all the awkwardness, they got over it. They tried to reimburse the lady for everything but she refused there money. She said she was doing everything out of the kindness of her heart and didn't want any payment. Even though we eventually moved out and for an apartment with some friends from church, my daughter and I are still a big part of their family.
Bottom line of the story
I got a 4.0 GPA that semester despite all that was going on
The hospital bill of over $40000 literally vanished into thin air
I realized God's calling I'm my life because there was no way he would have guarded me so jealously if he didn't want to use me mightily to the glory of his name. This is how I because saved and now stand today as a minister of the Lord sharing my story and helping whoever I can recieve salvation.

Jan 10, 2018
The end. Hope it wasn't too long and sappy. I'm a writer so I tend to use more words than necessary so I hope I didn't leave everyone halfway through the story.

I hope this testimony blessed someone.
God bless you all.