Story time........

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Then Margaret went to the store to buy some perfume. When she got home she realized it smelled very manly and wasn't sure if she wanted to keep it. So the next day she went to the thrift store and traded it in for a pair of manly-looking girl pants.
Excellently written Zero!

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
The voices were talking to each other. "What kind of a girl buys manly perfume?" exclaimed the voice that only moments ago had excused itself.

"No! No! Manly perfume is fine for girls like Margaret. The problem is those manly girl-pants" countered the one which had described the other as an "excellently written zero".

Margaret turned off the app on her phone, and the voices ceased. She sighed. Although she did like the company of hearing from her friends, she found they could be a little on the obsessive side about how much room her pants should have, and what her perfume should smell like.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Margaret was reluctant to call her mom, because her mom was known to cause her grief, and pile on the guilt every time.

The phone rang twice and Ruth (Margaret's mother) picked up immediately and asked a million questions. Are you o.k.? I heard there were sharks! Do you need a shark suit? Your father and I are really worried about your crazy Dread Pirate Roberts act. Why can't you goto the Bahamas like a normal lawyer? We spent to much money raising you to be eaten up by sharks!!!!!

Margaret gulped........Yes mom. Did you hear I got a job offer with the law firm?

Margaret's mother replied, don't try to change the subject. I want a full itinerary of your travels for now on. The U.S. Coast guard said, I need your AIS tracking i.d.. If I have to send the whole U.S. Navy to find you, I will.

Margaret replied, yes mother. I will e-mail you all the information. For now, I'm gonna stay in New Zealand for awhile and look for God.

Ruth answered, you better not be knocking on my door and handing out watchtower tracts, we will disown you, or find a really good therapist! Just be careful o.k.??? Don't be joining any cults. Mr. Silverstein's son is doctor, why don't you meet him?

Margaret and her mom were in tears, as they said their goodbyes. They truly love each other, but they drive each other crazy.

After the call, Margaret decided it was time for lunch, and maybe another day at the pool.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
But alas, it was not to be. Jacinda Ardern, New Zealand's prime minister, had just brought in some new rules about the covid-19 panic. "Sorry muss, bit we hiv to cancel your visa," the polite but accented police officer blocked her path as Margaret exited her hotel room.
"But this is outrageous! I've only just arrived here on holiday!" Margaret glared at the two kindly-but-mentally-vacant looking New Zealand law enforcement officers obstructing her path to lunch and the pool.
"I'm sorry muss", the police officer repeated patiently, "bit thus us the law. Ye'll be on the first plane beck to the States".
Margaret finally realised the policeman was meaning "miss" as she pondered whether it was worthwhile debating these government agents, and endeavoured to decipher the rest of the strange tongue.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Margaret was not flying back to New York, because she wasn't quite ready. Plus, it's to cold there right now. She told the officers, I will leave tomorrow on my sail boat. The officers checked with the headquarters and allowed Margaret to leave on her own terms.

She called the local store to deliver all her necessary supplies at the docks tomorrow. She also called the hotel line and asked, if she could buy the Gideon Bible, so she could read when out at sea. The hotel said, she could have it free of charge, since they have a whole box of them to replace the one she is taking.

She got through the book of Genesis and is now onto Exodus. She remembered a Bob Marley song that had the same name. Margaret took this as a sign that God wanted her to leave New Zealand now.

Margaret decided to goto South Africa next and try to overcome her fear of sharks, and maybe do some surfing. She really liked the movie Endless Summer and decided to watch it on Netflix in her hotel room.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Margaret was sad to see New Zealand go, but she is looking forward to her trip to South Africa. Tears dripped down her face as she left such a gorgeous place.

She turned her music on to calm her nerves and opened her heart to God and prayed for direction.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Rough seas came in while Margaret was sailing, but it wasn't anything she was to concerned about. She still exercised caution and looked up to the heavens.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
However, it was a fool's errand. To sail from New Zealand to South Africa was a difficult feat for seasoned sailors, how much moreso for female law students? As the seas became rougher, Margaret worried she might drown. She hadn't finished reading the Gideon bible she had stolen from the hotel - indeed, she'd only just read a few chapters of Exodus.

She wondered if God might have mercy on her if she could find something to sacrifice, like Abraham had done. She started to wish she had paid more attention in her religious education classes, and briefly considered whether a fish might be a suitable substitute for a ram...

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Margaret decided at that point to surrender all to God, she didn't really understand God, or even understood why or what she believed in. She just felt God tugging on heart and she couldn't resist any longer. At that very moment, the winds and seas calmed, and felt God speaking to her in a way that she couldn't explain with words.

She figure this adventure wasn't about running away, but turning away from the emptiness. She knew deep down inside, that life is so precious, and she didn't want to waste it on the foolish things in this world.

She opened the Bible to Exodus to find inspiration and found where it states the Ten Commandments.

Exodus 20

1 And God spoke all these words:
2 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
3 “You shall have no other gods before[a] me.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Margaret decided to start a journal of her travels, she wished she started it on day one, but better late than never.

Finding peace at sea and enjoying the beauty of it all.
Watching the sunset rise and fall every day is peaceful.
Really looking forward to South Africa.
Planning on visiting India first, because I like Indian food.
Another wonderful day to enjoy!

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Margaret heard about all the lock downs happening all over the world, as well as the civil unrest. Even though she is all alone at sea, she feels like she has the best company on the ship, with just her, and her new direction on life.

After finishing the book of Exodus, she feels free, and is eagerly waiting to arrive at India in another week. Than her mom calls on her satellite phone....

1607216420443.jpeg