Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

arwen83

I wonder about a world without Christianity (and Judaism of course). Or atleast in a world that wasn't effected by Christianity so much. The pagans use to go around sacrificing themselves to their gods to appease them. When things got really bad, by drought or famine, thinking it was caused by the gods being angry, they would sacrifice their babies and children to try to get them to change their minds. People harp on Christianity, but as it spread, it's values spread. That it isn't a good idea to kill your baby because your crops aren't growing, and by doing so, it will bring fortune to your land. Not to say that mentality would be still around today, but kind of have to wonder.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I ask too many questions. Theological questions, random questions, etc. I'm a curious person but sometimes I wonder if I irritate people with it.

It's a part of me that I like, my inquisitiveness, but I guess I need to rein it back sometimes. Or find someone who's always up for it.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
I ask too many questions. Theological questions, random questions, etc. I'm a curious person but sometimes I wonder if I irritate people with it.

It's a part of me that I like, my inquisitiveness, but I guess I need to rein it back sometimes. Or find someone who's always up for it.
Fellow person with an insatiable curiosity. I am fortunate enough to know several pastors, who tend to be more than willing to answer my theological questions. For the rest, I use Google and a grain of salt.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
I'm about five minutes away from ragequitting the CC forums. Not the chat, but the forums. Just, go on chat and make my blog posts. But I see the same topics being regurgitated every week, and it's frustrating.

G

GreenNnice

My revelation class teacher mentioned something called the 'Yale Covenant,' maybe, we ought to really be getting busy serving Jesus more and getting into The Word more, pun intended, afterall, He is 'into' us, lives and breathes in us. Hard to fathom that for me, as, not only does Scripture tell us we have His righteousness to credited to us when we accept Him into our heart, that means, 'change,' in so many ways, again, pun intended. we need to GIVE Him our all when we come to Him in our life, away from the world way things we were doing, and, not saying we can't be in the world, we CAN, and, we should be, Scripture says so, too, like think it's 'be in the world but not of the world.' The Lord leads. Just my thoughts at this moment, ya all :)

going to soCal to my great uncle's 90th birthday, it will be good to see them and all my relatives not seen in a long time from my grandmas side of the family. California is a neat place, last time I was there I gorged myself on oranges and grapefruits and lemons and lemme tell you, the lemons in Washington state are so sour and bitey and DIFFERENT than the sweet, peel-back taste of ones grown in the backyard of my great aunt and uncles place. Can't EVEN describe that taste, which, incidentally, I've not tasted for 15 years since was there last time. God is good, good to see them and other fam not seen forever in a day, so to speak :D , and, good to, hopefully, too, see them lemons !! Lemme at 'em , lemme at 'em :D

On a sad note :( , I have to take my girl to the boarder , but, I did find a nice vet border :) and so I am happy about that and thankful that I will feel good about her there. She's healthy as a horse, I mean, look at her ! (in my avatar) :D , she's a blessing and a half to me, and, that's a lot more than a 1 1/2 blessing by the way :D , and, so, yeah, just about to drop her off there in a few hours, we're gonna play a little bit :) and then go :( But, yeah, that's the way it is, I miss her already and she's not even gone :( I only left her with friends a couple times and that was when she was a puppy.

(I'm praying for safety too, I don't want to have a trainee flying my plane (Asiana flight crash in San Fran, for example) and, yeah, that's my prayer up to God and for you guys to pray too for and I used to have MUCH anxiety flying in planes, and, for good reason, most of the time, as, turbulence, sometimes, in those planes makes me want to just open up the side hatch and 'gerONIMO !' :D

I do think of the bright side though, just like now, more and more, this 'Yale Covenant' thingee is being signed on by more and more denominations and is a thing of blending truths of Islam along with Christianity, 'Chrislam' they call it, at least, that's what my Revelation teacher told me last night in class at my church.

This all just makes me think of a Crystal Lewis song , I guess, I should post it in music forum so I will, as arwenbaggins might give me a demerit or two if I post it here, she's such a rough one, that scaliwagger :D

A

arwen83

CRAAAAAVING spicy food. Nachos should do the trick. Nom nom nom

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
"The truth is, we never really grow up. We just masquerade as adults because that's what we're expected to do."

G

GreenNnice

"The truth is, we never really grow up. We just masquerade as adults because that's what we're expected to do."

Quite a quote, rache. Deep human thought there.

"Unless one becomes as a child, one cannot enter the kingdom of heaven." --- deep thought there too :)

Sigh, my minds pretty simple tonight (binary?) , I am missing my dog, just dropped her off at the vet for boarding. They seemed nice enough folk, I'm sure she will be fine, she got her dog food, her toy 'stick' I just bought her. imagine that, they make a stick with a wood scent as a dog toy now. Wish I'd thoughta that one , and, she got her vitamins and, of course, everyone can guess what are her fave and mine too, if not, just in word only, she got her Greenies :D

leaving on a jet plane, 5:30 am so we will be up earlie than that since we live a 1/2 hour from Sea-Tac airport and so dad and I will get up early and go see fam and so I am about to go to bed, but, I guess I can sleep on the plane. Should be fun-but hot!- in southern californy. I look forward to a couple works days off and just the weekend, my work these days is fun and I thank God for it, and, He's made it semi-successful in addition to my regular stream of income, so much so, I have equal nice streams of income now, that means more giving to God, and, that reminds me of someone I need to give a few dollars more too who you know too :) The Lord leads.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.

how in the world do we 'seek' the kingdom of God, is it on Earth, is it in our mind, is it in our bible to find out about? oh well, thoughts for the day, deep ones, perhaps :)

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
I'm about five minutes away from ragequitting the CC forums. Not the chat, but the forums. Just, go on chat and make my blog posts. But I see the same topics being regurgitated every week, and it's frustrating.

It sounds as if you're upset with the lack of growth in some people. Okay, here's the thing. This is who and what people are. No one "gets it" and changes the first time around. Most people don't change completely. Please understand and accept this. If you continue to expect people to change or bend to your will, you will always be frustrated with them. Think of how difficult it is for you to change; now with that knowledge in mind extend grace to those who are struggling to change or who don't know how. If you are frustrated with the state of people, take a step back and only work on yourself. Don't worry about whether or not people are doing/changing like they're supposed to. Take it from me. I understand.

error

Oct 23, 2009
I went to stylist for a consultation (yesterday). She told me everything I already knew. Such a waste of my money and time.

error

Oct 23, 2009
books.jpg

BOOKS

Books are what I like the best
They're not just toys like all the rest
That break, or get old, or don't want to play
A book gets better every day.
Sit down and open it - soon you'll find
A whole new world jumps up in your mind,
People and places and all sorts of things -
Dragons and princesses, goblins and kings,
Dinosaurs walking the earth like thunder,
Ancient Egyptians who make you wonder,
Books about planets and space exploration,
The truth about rocks, and the birth of our nation.
And perhaps the most interesting story of all
That tells of the Prince who is going to call,
And even a picture to show how he looks -
Now these are the things that I like about books.

C

Catlynn

A little coffee and a bit of Lewis should do me nicely on this fine morning. The weather feels soooo nice after last night's rain. ^__^

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
A little coffee and a bit of Lewis should do me nicely on this fine morning. The weather feels soooo nice after last night's rain. ^__^

I want it to rain here! I love the rain and huge storms. :) I'm considering places I'd like to live and whether or not the region has storms is part of my consideration.

shawntc

May 7, 2010
I'm a short story fiction writer... sigh does anyone have the slightest clue how that might be useful for the church?

A

arwen83

I'm having weird cravings lately. Today it's those little gummy coke bottles that you can buy at a 711 for 5 cents a piece. Nom nom nom.

M

MissCris

According to the fancy weather station deal that my husband bought and is all in love with, it is 85 degrees inside my house, and humidity is at 40%. That is like...breathing through a wet sponge. It's too much. In fact, I'm used to approximately 2% humidity, and anything above 5 feels like soggy death.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
According to the fancy weather station deal that my husband bought and is all in love with, it is 85 degrees inside my house, and humidity is at 40%. That is like...breathing through a wet sponge. It's too much. In fact, I'm used to approximately 2% humidity, and anything above 5 feels like soggy death.
Cold kills humidity, so if you can afford it...just crank the temp down.