Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 25, 2012
A few more weeks to go. It was pleasant seeing the little ones again. It was nice forgetting my dilemma for just a little while.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I've been planning a surprise birthday party for my good friend for tomorrow. I'm starting off with a "treasure hunt" of sorts with just her and me and another friend. Clues will lead her to different places, and we'll end up at a friend's house to watch a movie and eat popcorn. I really want her to think it's just us, I have a feeling she suspects I'm planning something, so when we get to that house and it's just us for an hour, I'm hoping she thinks "Oh...it really is just us", but people will be going into another room while we watch the movie, and then when we finish the movie and get up and go out, all those people will be there to surprise her. I'm excited. I've never planned something like this before. It's more work than I thought!

I feel like a horrible friend though. I told people that if she asked what they're doing Saturday (in case she wants to hang out for her birthday) to tell her they have something they can't get out of. So, now she's getting a bit mad that all these people are "being lame on her birthday". But...that's exactly what I want. *Devious grin*

W

wwjd_kilden

The people at my workplace are crazy (not always in a haha way).

A colleague of mine lost his phone connection, and tried to fix the wires. While working on this, another colleague lost his connection. He got raving mad and yelled at the first guy asking why he had disconnected his phone mid- call
.... you'd think he had just lost a million dollar deal or something.

G

GreenNnice

Sometimes, I think, green, 'Your are tooo weird,' just saying, and, just saying it to myself, but, then, I think, again, and, I realize that God made me weird just the way He wants, so to speak, and, that's just all I am saying here :)

Work week was tough, and, if one thing don't work out, then, I try and have faith in God for something else to work out, even if it's a cast out toward 'faith,' and, the end result, to some extent, anyway, is a stretch of what I'm thinking can be completely done well. But, I know , too, I will do it for Him, and, IF I make mistakes in work things God will get me through IF I have faith in Him. And, there are no 'ifs,' 'ands,' or, 'buts' about that :)

God's faith works the SAME way for us as it did for Noah, for Abraham, for all the prophets of the bible, read Heb. 11 for a great synopsis of the biblical figures of faith. :)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I'm excited and concerned for tomorrow. I'm going to be going out with most of the fam (sister, Mom, and Dad) and spending time together and doing something fun before school starts.

but the thing is...last time I went out with everyone...I felt completely suffocated by the humongous out of control crowd. I didn't think I ever had social anxiety or could get like that around humongous crowds. Yet, I did. And I felt miserable and wanted to cry. I dunno how tomorrow is exactly going to work... I just hope it doesn't mean another large crowd where everyone is screaming and loud and I'm feeling like I'm completely drowning. I think this will be significantly different...but it still is nagging at me a bit. I dunno.

I'm going to trust God to handle tomorrow and to help me have fun. I like going out and doing things. But if I feel like I'm drowning amidst a crowd, I'm not going to want to stay out. I'm going to want to go home, stay home, and probably be alone for a majority of the day.

G

GreenNnice

Putting trust in God will get us through :)

G

GreenNnice

LOL, catherdingsheepman . I'll call her juliet princess, that is, IF arwenbaggins changed her name to 'juliet.' :)

rache is gonna make a good event planner someday :)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Fun fact: Only within the past 2-3 months did I realize where Arwen got her name from. XD It was from Arwen, an elf from Lord of the Rings (which LOTR is awesome. I still haven't watched The Hobbit... -.- I'll get the DVD! I'm determined.)

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
The people at my workplace are crazy (not always in a haha way).

A colleague of mine lost his phone connection, and tried to fix the wires. While working on this, another colleague lost his connection. He got raving mad and yelled at the first guy asking why he had disconnected his phone mid- call
.... you'd think he had just lost a million dollar deal or something.
Flesh is Flesh that we need to learn to be dead to and alive to God in Spirit and truth, regardless of the happenings around each of us. Maybe if we are prepared in advance for adversities, we might respond in Spirit over Flesh attitudes of selfishness, just maybe?

[h=3]John 16:33[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]33 [/SUP]These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

W

wwjd_kilden

Fun fact: Only within the past 2-3 months did I realize where Arwen got her name from. XD It was from Arwen, an elf from Lord of the Rings (which LOTR is awesome. I still haven't watched The Hobbit... -.- I'll get the DVD! I'm determined.)
You should definitely read the books. You get to know a lot more about Aragorn and Arwen.
I actually had a guy in my class named Arwen once. Luckily for him my class wasn't LOTR - crazy :p

W

wwjd_kilden

Random

The sugar packs at work say "Homegrown sugar".
Does this mean I can sprinkle it on some dirt and grow more? :D

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Thank God, today went very well. :) I did a lot of cool stuff today! The highlight of the day, though, was I held a recently laid ostrich egg. :) God is so good. He helped make this day so awesome for me.

A

arwen83

In my job there are slow days and ever so often a wrench gets thrown in there and I need to think on my feet. Tonight was one of those nights. 1 hour until the end of my shift, I discovered the lift controller that we use to transport one of the individuals I work with in and out of bed. He is close to 300 pounds so there is no way we could do a manual controlled lift using our bodies. He was basically stuck in his wheelchair, couldn't move him into bed or do any hygiene things. I had to run across the city and borrow another house's lift controller for the night and will have to run the controller back and forth tomorrow until we can get it serviced. AHH! Craziness! Just need to vent that!

A

arwen83

Sometimes I think I put too much pressure and stuff on myself at work. I take on a lot. Take lead but I don't share much of the work. I think I need to distribute it a bit more, it runs my anxiety high always trying to think ahead. Need to put more trust in my co-workers.

G

GreenNnice

Our church has moved away from hymn worship, we don't sing 'How Great Thou Art' in our morning services anymore. It's interesting, I guess, that's the way of the world, not that I don't like '10,000 reasons,' and, other pop songs, I like them, but, I think, it's important there is a mix, I'm praying about this, my pastor is my age, I'm thinking of telling him this. Last week, in service, he said a big word wrong (pronunciation) and I went up after the service and told him proper way to say word. I don't say this to gloat, we are supposed to help out our pastor when someting you're decent at comes into schedule, or, maybe, it was just the Lord's leading, no, it was His leading, but I am just saying that we need to listen to the voice inside us, that is Him, when something just comes up, now, in my church, around 100,000 people hear my pastor speak since we are on regular stations like TBN, church tv, , and, I was attending the first of THREE services so going up there and mentioning the correct pronunciation of the word was something I felt strongly to do. around 2,000 people, give or take a few hundred, attend each of the first three services so it was interesting that no one else was beating me up there to tell the pastor the mispronunciation and during the service when he pronounced this word, he even said 'I hope I am saying this word right,' and, no one said a word. Idk, I just believe in the Lord's leading and His grace and mercy and Love and revelation is shown us all in ways that we will not see UNLESS we have faith in Him, in what He's doing in our life to help others, even our pastors . :)

Your pastor needs your support, it's right up there with doctors, firefighters, for stress jobs, I think, you really have to be quite the person, in so many ways, to take on being a shepherd over a flock of folks who are sheep. Your pastor, in Jesus' eyes, is a 'sheep,' too, but, imagine that, in YOUR church setting, your PASTOR is the shepherd, a role that is tough on him, sometimes, and, so, go up and encourage your pastor tomorrow after church, hey, if nothing else, say, 'Great message, bro, it really hit home.' :)

Last edited by a moderator:

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Just checking in to update and say that the surprise party was a huge success and I am exhausted but it was worth it. :)

DuchessAimee

Apr 27, 2011
I'm pretty sure that God is padding my paychecks. Not that I mind... it's just kind of surprising.