Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

arwen83

I think I'm shooting for guys out of my league. Just msging guys on dating sites that I find attractive, and getting no response. Like geez who wouldn't want to date me?! Lol. I kid!

A

angelic411

I used to do that too...lol Although it is healthy to know what you want in a mate just remember that you will want to be equally yoked and pray about who you will have in your life...if it is meant to be God will bring someone into your life....just remember becareful what you pray for! May God bless you!

O

OwenHeidenreich

why has God made my life so easy?

Im waiting for the day when Gods gonna be like "Time to lose everything you own, son."

I wanna face trials bettter

i wanna face judgement, and ridicule with love.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Who's been up since where around 5 this morning even though they're homeschooled? *points to herself* This girl, right here. I so want to feel better soon. =\

Jul 25, 2012
Well, justice was served and now I'm forced to seek counseling. Perfect. Sharing my feelings to a complete stranger is actually easy for me. They get paid for this, I get to unload and continue my pretentious life. *thumbs up*

N

NiceneCreed

Well, justice was served and now I'm forced to seek counseling. Perfect. Sharing my feelings to a complete stranger is actually easy for me. They get paid for this, I get to unload and continue my pretentious life. *thumbs up*
Searching4Truth,

It sounds like you have been going through a tough time lately; I can relate. If you ever want to talk, you are more than welcome to message me. I know I am not a counselor, but you can share something about yourself with someone who won't charge you money.:) I hope you are doing better.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
As I told my mom...right now, it's like one minute, I can finally take a deep breath of air. The next minute it's like I'm gasping for it. Stupid cold/sinus infection...

C

Catlynn

I think I'm JUST getting over my sickness. Woo!

On another note: If anyone wants to pray for/with me; I'm currently trying to decide whether or not to move 5 hours away to Houston for the next few months, in order to help my dad get back in good health. He recently had a quadruple bypass and is having complications along with being overweight and sick anyway. The doctors don't have much more that they can do right now other than hope for the best, so he's finally willing to listen to me about nutrition and such. I'd be going down there to help around the house, make meal plans, do the shopping, cook, and juice for my dad who would be on an intense juice fast in order to clean out his system. I need to go down there as a servant and not a task master. It's so easy for me to walk in and see what needs to be done and start telling everyone what to do. However, they've never responded well to that in the past so I need to be humble and loving and just go down there with a servant's heart. I'm also going down there with the possibility that it may be the last chance I have to spend a substantial amount of time with my father. In order for me to do this, a lot would have to fall into place where I am now. Many people depend on me currently for many different things and I'd have to leave it all in order to take care of my dad. It's something that I really want to do and feel like I need to do, but I also really hate making anything hard for anyone else. *sigh* So yeah...prayer would be awesome. :D I'll also be visiting with their church about possibly supporting me and the ministry I work with, which would also be really awesome. Eek! So much to think about!

A

arwen83

My boss is a bit odd. He's in his 30's, single, okay-looking guy. I think he might be afraid of me though.... lol. I rarely work with him since I work weekend shifts but now that I am on days, I am around him more often. He always keeps his distance from me. Like if we're talking, I would be in the kitchen and he'll stand in the hallway and chat. At least 5-7 feet away from me! If I take a step closer, he moves even farther away. LOL. Is he that anxious around females?! Or that somehow if he gets closer, like by 3 feet, I'll file for sexual harassment????? LOL.

C

Catlynn

Maybe you smell....

Bahahahaha naaahhhh....that is really strange though. o_O

A

arwen83

Hmm, I've started chatting online with a Christian male, around my age, not too shabby looking, seems like a good character. I guess I'll see. Who knows maybe I'll scare him away too? :confused:

Last edited:
C

Catlynn

One of my favorites.

"I said: “Let me walk in the fields.”
He said: “No, walk in the town.”
I said: “There are no flowers there.”
He said: “No flowers, but a crown.”
I said: “But the skies are black; There is nothing but noise and din.”
And He wept as He sent me back – “There is more,”
He said; “there is sin.”
I said: “But the air is thick, And fogs are veiling the sun.”
He answered: “Yet souls are sick, And souls in the dark undone!”
I said: “I shall miss the light, And friends will miss me, they say.”
He answered: “Choose tonight If I am to miss you or they.”
I pleaded for time to be given.
He said: “Is it hard to decide? It will not seem so hard in heaven
To have followed the steps of your Guide.”
I cast one look at the fields, Then set my face to the town;
He said, “My child, do you yield? Will you leave the flowers for the crown?”
Then into His hand went mine; And into my heart came He;
And I walk in a light divine, The path I had feared to see."

'Obedience' by George MacDonald

G

GreenNnice

The Lord leads us there

There's a light up on a hill.
Go to it, it's His will.

There's a man in need of prayer.
Go to him, He'll help you share.

There's a friend in need of love.
Show'em God's, His is completely perfect stuff.

There's a beauty around the bend of our lives that's hard to imagine.
It's the face of God, His shining so bright like seeing the third heaven.

And, there's a time of life that the Lord shows us where to go that's not our ideal way of His leading.
Going there will seem a dark, a distant path, from happiness, but joy, in the end, is what He will give us

:)

A

arwen83

Seriously self-doubting. This Christian guy has his masters degree and is a financial analyst. Probably with a high IQ. And look at me, I'm a decent, fun person, with a meaningful job. But i have no accomplishments. He probably wants the whole package: hot Christian girl that's sweet and successful -.- I dunno if the right guy will ever come that I will have chemistry with. That will accept me for who I am.

C

Catlynn

I think that Arwen is way too hard on herself and doesn't realize how UH-MA-ZING she is. She's hilarious, genuine, willing and ready to learn, (esp. about cars!) loves to read, enjoys fantasy, a hard worker, caring, compassionate, has a meaningful job, is gorgeous! and seems to be a fun person to hang with. Sooooo....ummm....yeah. Relax. Enjoy getting to know this guy and let him think for himself without you putting thoughts out there. :p You rock!

Edit: I forgot to mention the obvious things like, how much you love God and stuff. ^_^

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Seriously self-doubting. This Christian guy has his masters degree and is a financial analyst. Probably with a high IQ. And look at me, I'm a decent, fun person, with a meaningful job. But i have no accomplishments. He probably wants the whole package: hot Christian girl that's sweet and successful -.- I dunno if the right guy will ever come that I will have chemistry with. That will accept me for who I am.
All of us have the same fear or worry, but one never knows if he/she doesn't try. Sometimes the love we're looking for is not quite in the package we're looking for it in.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Honestly I would just see where it leads. He might not actually be like that...though I don't know the full story. I wish guys cared more about where a girl is with Christ than her occupation.

Edit: I agree with Cat and Asifin! I didn't realize they replied to that until I posted mine. XD But they're right. :)

A

arwen83

Thanks guys. I think this question of profession is thread poll worthy