Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
We started discussing it and I've always been curious as to why Disney can't make sort of a tough Prince. They all have these sort of Justin Bieber hormonal changing voices and they wear goofy clothes. I guess Aladdin would be the most dare I say manly of all of them. I know Gaston of Beauty and The Beast was a jerk, but if I had a choice, I'd probably go with Gaston I mean yeah he's a creep, but at least he'd be able to fix a fuse box. I mean I think the only thing Prince Erik would be able to do is hem your skirt. He just seem's so wimpy. I'm sorry guys I'm not trying to be nasty or say guys who can break out into song are all wimpy wacko's. But if you are a guy that can break out into song and rock an ascot are you tired of being portrayed as someone who wouldn't be able to even make his own oatmeal? I hope I didn't offend anyone that's not my intent, if I did I apologize. When I think about the guy the Princess in Tangled hung out with was funny.
this is hysterical. if those are the above choices, then i'll keep house for the dwarves. at least one of them was happy, they were hard workers, lived in the forest (i do love a rural setting!) and they had diamond holdings, after all. they're obviously doing something right.

oh, and i have an rx for zyrtec (for the allergy-challenged one)

Sep 6, 2013
We started discussing it and I've always been curious as to why Disney can't make sort of a tough Prince. They all have these sort of Justin Bieber hormonal changing voices and they wear goofy clothes. I guess Aladdin would be the most dare I say manly of all of them. I know Gaston of Beauty and The Beast was a jerk, but if I had a choice, I'd probably go with Gaston I mean yeah he's a creep, but at least he'd be able to fix a fuse box. I mean I think the only thing Prince Erik would be able to do is hem your skirt. He just seem's so wimpy. I'm sorry guys I'm not trying to be nasty or say guys who can break out into song are all wimpy wacko's. But if you are a guy that can break out into song and rock an ascot are you tired of being portrayed as someone who wouldn't be able to even make his own oatmeal? I hope I didn't offend anyone that's not my intent, if I did I apologize. When I think about the guy the Princess in Tangled hung out with was funny.
If anything, this probably is a portrayal of nobility, rather than men specifically. (I'd probably pick Mulan's warrior guy as the most manly. And he sang great too. Haha.)

Misty77

Aug 30, 2013
My cousin posted this photo on Facebook yesterday:

I agree with the Mulan one. Beauty and the Beast is Stockhom Syndrome passed off as a love story. Maybe the Dwarves wouldn't mind being brother-husbands? [TOTALLY kidding]

Since I have a son, it has been a while since I have watched a princess movie so there might be one that fits this description. I like the imperfect hero, one who is of strong character but still has flaws to overcome and might need a little rescuing himself. Someone who is genuine, doesn't take himself too seriously, confident, and ready to defend the helpless. Proper grammar is always a plus.

There was a quiz going around on FB about who your Disney prince would be. Mine was Naveen. Yeah, I guess I do have a type. =)

I

iTOREtheSKY

i love that. seriously. the proportions are pretty stellar for something freehand. i'm also mildly obsessed with painting crazy cool patterns on my walls and using calligraphy to letter quotes and scripture, and songs around the house. it's very freeing for a girl who used to get in trouble for writing/drawing on the walls.

about 5 years ago when i was on some super-crazy martha-inspired artistic streak, i got this idea to weave these really brightly colored feed bags that i had begun to save for some purposeful use. i had seen a photo of something that was just amazing, and i think they used plastic bags to create a woven all-weather/patio mat. looking back, i have no idea why i thought that i needed an all-weather patio mat, but generally the inspiration for these projects isn't usually rooted in 'need'.

i spent like, a month working on this project. i can't tell you how much sleep i lost and grief it caused me. i wish i had a picture, but it's not like me to keep evidence of such dismal failure. it would taunt me.

the pattern was a tidy square. what i ended up most resembled a saggy trapezoid.

i wish i was more crafty.
LOL..I am much the same way,in as I rarely keep evidence of my art. Most of my friends have it,or it's been lost or destroyed over the years. When I was married it was my idea to paint the living room & landing hallway this deep almost rich fuchsia color.
I love drawing on walls etc..but alas I live in an apartment now.
I loved that idea with the books and I'm kinda bummed I never thought of that before. Sometimes the best ideas are right there in front of you & you just never notice,til one day a light switches on!
Then I'm like.."Well Duh! How'd I not see this sooner?" :p

I

iTOREtheSKY

That's not much of an apology with an emoticon like that attached,
Not that I need an apology....
If it offends a brother or sister just don't say it anymore, don't make such a fuss about it.

Thanks. :)
Was I fussing? Oh yeah..those pesky emoticons...I hate how they imply the silliness of a tongue sticking out. I guess yer' right...not very Christ-like.
So yeah,ummm..I apologize. (and no emoticon)
Yer' welcome. :)

Feb 18, 2013
If anything, this probably is a portrayal of nobility, rather than men specifically. (I'd probably pick Mulan's warrior guy as the most manly. And he sang great too. Haha.)
Captain Li Shang is my favorite, too! He's the most manly AND the most romantic:

560246_10152597390905473_1253644085_n.jpg

I

iTOREtheSKY

@ just_monicat (and whoever else would care) lol...here you can see the color of the living room in my old house I painted. I don't have many pics of all that stuff anymore...but I hung on to pics of my dog...'cause yeah well he was awesome!

56.jpg

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
@ just_monicat (and whoever else would care) lol...here you can see the color of the living room in my old house I painted. I don't have many pics of all that stuff anymore...but I hung on to pics of my dog...'cause yeah well he was awesome!

View attachment 69470
i love that color. it's definitely a one i'd be drawn to, and is inspirational. colors like that (in the right balance) can so uplifting, right?

i love your doggie too--he has a kind face.

thanks for sharing.

K

kenthomas27

Weeelllll! I'm going to be in the movies! You heard me! The movies! I was justh working along, minding my own move star busthsness in preparation for this movie thing going on when the producther walked up to ME! ME! ME! and sthaid "how would you like to be one of the exthras?" and I thought ...........ME? A Movie Sthar! ........my audience LOVES ME! They really LOVE ME!

I'm going to be rich! Rich beyond my wildest dreams! Well heeled! Sthocially sthecure! High quality! Bling bling asth it were. And famousth! Fame and fortune are mine! My sthip has finally sthailed!

So long you bunch of losthers - after this brief gig (we call these small shows gigs for all you non-Hollywood type lay people) asth an exthra, my journey begins! My name up in lightsth! I'll be rich! Rich beyond my wildesth dreams. Well heeled.....

Dec 21, 2012

A Country-man and a River.

A Country-man that was to pass a River, founded it up and down to try where it was most fordable: and upon Trial he made this Observation on't: Where the Water ran Smooth, he found it Deepest; and on the contrary, Shallowest where it made most Noise. There's More Danger in a Reserv'd and Silent, than in a Noisy, Babbling Enemy.
--Sir Roger L'Estrange, Abstemius's Fables (1692)

-> Aesop (Abstemius's Fables, in Sir Roger L'Estrange)

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Captain Li Shang is my favorite, too! He's the most manly AND the most romantic:

View attachment 69469

I've never seen Mulan, that was out before my kids were born. But I imagine just from his picture he'd be the best candidate for being able to throw a spider outside for me. The other guys just kind of look like they get mani/pedi's and I don't even get those, so that wouldn't work for me.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I agree with the Mulan one. Beauty and the Beast is Stockhom Syndrome passed off as a love story. Maybe the Dwarves wouldn't mind being brother-husbands? [TOTALLY kidding]

Since I have a son, it has been a while since I have watched a princess movie so there might be one that fits this description. I like the imperfect hero, one who is of strong character but still has flaws to overcome and might need a little rescuing himself. Someone who is genuine, doesn't take himself too seriously, confident, and ready to defend the helpless. Proper grammar is always a plus.

There was a quiz going around on FB about who your Disney prince would be. Mine was Naveen. Yeah, I guess I do have a type. =)
Stockholm Syndrome, that's funny. I never thought about it. But I think that movie came out in 1990 ish, I went to see Beauty and The Beast with my Sister and I remember both of us saying, man when he became the prince I was thinking go find Gaston Belle! LOL

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I need to watch Mulan. The Princess seem able to take care of themselves pretty well. I'll give Disney credit for that. Cinderella, she worked hard, had some mice and bird friends. Snow White, she escaped the evil queen's man who wanted her heart. Ariel, she had a mind of her own. Tangled, Rapunzel was funny and very resourceful.

I

iTOREtheSKY

i love that color. it's definitely a one i'd be drawn to, and is inspirational. colors like that (in the right balance) can so uplifting, right?

i love your doggie too--he has a kind face.

thanks for sharing.
Thanks! He was awesome & so sweet natured. (ex got him in the divorce) *insert sad face here..oh wait! There's an emoticon for that,huh? lol

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013

A Country-man and a River.

A Country-man that was to pass a River, founded it up and down to try where it was most fordable: and upon Trial he made this Observation on't: Where the Water ran Smooth, he found it Deepest; and on the contrary, Shallowest where it made most Noise. There's More Danger in a Reserv'd and Silent, than in a Noisy, Babbling Enemy.
--Sir Roger L'Estrange, Abstemius's Fables (1692)

-> Aesop (Abstemius's Fables, in Sir Roger L'Estrange)

I have to ask Praus is that you in your avatar photo or Simon LeBon? If it's you, you have a strong resemblance to Simon LeBon.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
So the flu is rapidly spreading around Pennsylvania. I went to the Chiropractor today and we were discussing flu shots, I was concerned because I hadn't had or had my kids have a flu shot in a few years. I've grown concerned over the stuff they put in it.

He made me feel better about it. If they get the flu, they get the flu. They're young and healthy. Then he asked me if I ever had a flu shot as a kid. Nope.

So next time my Mom is on my back about not getting flu shots, I will reminder her of that.