Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MarkMulder

It's far from a cultural/political/societal statement. A group of friends simply got together to make a silly video and it just so happens that all of them were Asian.
What are they odds... lol
nvm carry on :rolleyes:

M

MarkMulder

So she actually had TWO lambs, and one of the lambs remained a lamb until age 33? [and sheep certainly don't get that old]. And where is the second lamb in the last picture? It looks like he got stuck under the rock! Mind you, I'm not trying to mock the Gospel in any way here, but this cartoon could well be. If not, then it seems pretty far fetched to me anyway. :confused:

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011

So I went to a thrift store a couple weeks ago, looking for some olive-greenish curtains. I was planning to do a Scarlett O'Hara-style entry for a sewing contest where the theme was making something on a shoestring budget. I did not find the curtains, but what I did find was far better, because it was much, much worse.

P1220089.JPG

These pants. Here is a picture of them taking up nearly my entire bed. I started laughing the minute I saw them, because they actually change color. Seriously, they change from green to blue as they move, but the camera didn't pick that up very well. They have large grommets instead of belt loops. I adore them and hate them at the same time. That was probably the best dollar I ever spent. I'm thinking of making a coat out of them, using that skirt in the second picture as an accent fabric. It's either terrible or wonderful... or possibly both.

P1220093.JPG

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
My dad bought me a new water bottle off of Amazon. I drink a lot of water at work, and this particular bottle was rated close to 5 stars because it keeps drinks hot for 4 hours or cold for 12, it has an "autoseal" button that you push to open the valve to drink, making it leak-proof once the button is closed.

It's great. It really does keep drinks hot or cold. When the button is closed, it really doesn't leak, so I can throw it in my bag and know it won't get everything wet. But when I pushed the button to drink, water would leak all over me and I had to be very careful with it. It was so frustrating, I though, "Um, how did this get 5 stars, it's leaking when I drink it!" Not only that, but not much water came out. It seemed...inconvenient.

Yesterday, I showed my dad this. He has the same bottle, so I figured he could tell why it was leaking and not getting much out. I took a drink from it to show him, and he just started laughing. He said, "Well, it helps when you drink from the right side and from the right opening." I looked at it, tried drinking from the right side, and it all made sense. I looked at it and said, "...oh." He had to lean against the wall he was laughing so hard.

Then, later that day, he came into the living room with an upside down cup, acting like he was drinking from it, and he said, "Rachel, can you help me figure out this cup? It's just not working." Ha. I love my dad.

So, yeah...sometimes I'm not the brightest. :rolleyes:

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014

So I went to a thrift store a couple weeks ago, looking for some olive-greenish curtains. I was planning to do a Scarlett O'Hara-style entry for a sewing contest where the theme was making something on a shoestring budget. I did not find the curtains, but what I did find was far better, because it was much, much worse.

These pants. Here is a picture of them taking up nearly my entire bed. I started laughing the minute I saw them, because they actually change color. Seriously, they change from green to blue as they move, but the camera didn't pick that up very well. They have large grommets instead of belt loops. I adore them and hate them at the same time. That was probably the best dollar I ever spent. I'm thinking of making a coat out of them, using that skirt in the second picture as an accent fabric. It's either terrible or wonderful... or possibly both.
those are actually kind of cool, pop. they sort of remind me of some cropped pants i have that i usually wear with a white button down/sleeveless in the summer. btw, i loooove the grommets.

oh how i wish i was as talented as you are with the sewing! that's really very cool. thanks for sharing.

striped_fingerless_gloves_arm_warmers_by_wearmeup-d5ra1gv.jpg

i have several pairs of arm warmers similar to the ones above in different colors -- i wear them almost every day while (especially when i'm sitting/working) because my wrists/hands get pretty chilly. i used to know somebody who made me ones like the image above.

recently i decided i'm going to hack up a few of my sweaters that i never wear and convert those. i have a few old single ply cashmere sweaters that i'm probably never going to wear, but i know that i'd love the sleeves as arm warmers. i've been resisting temptation to just hacking up my sweaters and look for someone who can properly convert them, because i'm thinking the seams could roll easily otherwise.

i used to know several talented seamstresses. not anymore. i think i'm going to put a note on my church bulletin board.

Last edited:

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
those are actually kind of cool, pop. they sort of remind me of some cropped pants i have that i usually wear with a white button down/sleeveless in the summer. btw, i loooove the grommets.

oh how i wish i was as talented as you are with the sewing! that's really very cool. thanks for sharing.

View attachment 77514

i have several pairs of arm warmers similar to the ones above in different colors -- i wear them almost every day while (especially when i'm sitting/working) because my wrists/hands get pretty chilly. i used to know somebody who made me ones like the image above.

recently i decided i'm going to hack up a few of my sweaters that i never wear and convert those. i have a few old single ply cashmere sweaters that i'm probably never going to wear, but i know that i'd love the sleeves as arm warmers. i've been resisting temptation to just hacking up my sweaters and look for someone who can properly convert them, because i'm thinking the seams could roll easily otherwise.

i used to know several talented seamstresses. not anymore. i think i'm going to put a note on my church bulletin board.
You're right... the edges will roll or unravel if they aren't finished properly. I'm kind of wishing that I went to your church right now, because I stinkin' LOVE making gloves. Maybe if you can't find someone locally, you could mail the sweaters to me.

P.S. Thanks! But God gave me the talent. It was just there one day. :p

D

Donkeyfish07

Hey Popclick, good to see your still around Sis. I was wondering where you disappeared to! Now if only the elusive Julianna and the Zaoman would make an appearance.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Well, I may not be going on the road trip after all. My friend may go to Turkey with someone else. I'm trying to find someone else to go with me, maybe my sister and her husband. But I doubt it.

Sigh.

It's not even that big of a deal but I feel like crying. I just got so excited and had everything worked out, and it's not one of those "Hurr durr God laughs at your plans, see what happens" things. It's a "hey, I have to ask off for work a certain amount of time in advance and have an idea of what I'm doing" type thing, and a "there's only certain people I'd want to go on a vacation with but nobody can do it" type thing.

I'll survive. Gosh I sound so spoiled, "Waaah my VACATION isn't working out how I wanted." :rolleyes:

I guess it's just...it shows me how alone I truly am. I don't mean that in a depressed way. But this would be way less of an issue if I had a husband. :p

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
Well, I may not be going on the road trip after all. My friend may go to Turkey with someone else. I'm trying to find someone else to go with me, maybe my sister and her husband. But I doubt it.

Sigh.

It's not even that big of a deal but I feel like crying. I just got so excited and had everything worked out, and it's not one of those "Hurr durr God laughs at your plans, see what happens" things. It's a "hey, I have to ask off for work a certain amount of time in advance and have an idea of what I'm doing" type thing, and a "there's only certain people I'd want to go on a vacation with but nobody can do it" type thing.

I'll survive. Gosh I sound so spoiled, "Waaah my VACATION isn't working out how I wanted." :rolleyes:

I guess it's just...it shows me how alone I truly am. I don't mean that in a depressed way. But this would be way less of an issue if I had a husband. :p
You can come to Indiana.. we are a whole other country. we got everything from forest to mafia

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Hey Popclick, good to see your still around Sis. I was wondering where you disappeared to! Now if only the elusive Julianna and the Zaoman would make an appearance.
Zedonk! I've been busy! I got time off yesterday to go hiking and then learned how to use a rowboat. I know it sounds lame, but I'd only paddled boats before. Now I know how to row. And now my arms are sore. :eek:

Zaoman is a total jerk because he doesn't have internet access right now and I hate him so much because he's never around anymore. ;) I was also wondering about Jullianna... hopefully she's having a wonderful Spring.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I guess I should say that I was kidding about hating Zaoman. He's a good friend of mine. I know he would laugh if he saw it, but I don't want anyone to take it the wrong way. :p

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
I guess I should say that I was kidding about hating Zaoman. He's a good friend of mine. I know he would laugh if he saw it, but I don't want anyone to take it the wrong way. :p
We all know the truth, PopClick. You love to hate him. :p

Kidding :D haha

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
You can come to Indiana.. we are a whole other country. we got everything from forest to mafia
I've been to Indiana, it's been a long time though! I've been to...a town that I don't remember the name of because I was probably 10, and then I've been to Holiday World. I didn't see the mafia though, but I suppose that's the point...