Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
went on a delightful run/hike at silver falls park, called the ten falls trail.

it's sooooooo gorgeous. i didn't get pictures, but if you want to know where i went, check out the link. there are oodles of pictures if you scroll down. quite possibly one of the most photographed parks in the state.

it's too beautiful to miss. i'm often humbled by the beauty of the world we live in -- we are all so very blessed, aren't we?

hope you guys are getting some sun. : )

Last edited:
I

iTOREtheSKY

went on a delightful run/hike at silver falls park, called the ten falls trail.

it's sooooooo gorgeous. i didn't get pictures, but if you want to know where i went, check out the link. there are oodles of pictures if you scroll down. quite possibly one of the most photographed parks in the state.

it's too beautiful to miss. i'm often humbled by the beauty of the world we live in -- we are all so very blessed, aren't we?

hope you guys are getting some sun. : )
Looks awesome monica! Glad you had a great day. No sun here..rain. But hey...Wonder Woman brought me cookies today,so that was kinda awesome! lol

M

MissCris

I can't decide if taking a three year old to a carnival is fun, terrifying, or torturous.

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
fyi:

lil_christian's internet is out until she moves. she probably won't be back online until next thursday. : (

we miss you!

in other news, i can't stop drinking this tea. it's so incredibly good. you guys should pick some up if you like flavored tea wonderfulness that tastes like summer in a glass.

V20079.jpg

Last edited:

just_monicat

Jan 1, 2014
In a matter of days it seems like everything i felt was important has been taken. And the only way i know how to deal with it is to sleep.
I can't bring myself to see anyone because then they'll ask what's wrong. How would i tell them i feel like my chest is going to explode without being taken to a hospital.
Tomorrow my friend is driving me to another state because i'm not sure i could make it there on my own. I'll be staying with some of my family

While laying in the bed either sleeping or doing some weird staring thing i have learned 3 important things

-After 2 or 3 days without showering, you smell like crap. Literally....people will think you've crapped yourself.

-If a person/people don't care they don't care. Nothing will change that.

-Don't fall asleep with gum in your mouth
184495.gif

thinking of and praying for you, holly.

p.s. one day i'll tell you about gum mishap. : )

Last edited:
K

kenthomas27

I can't decide if taking a three year old to a carnival is fun, terrifying, or torturous.

They had a fair at a shopping center near me once and I took my niece. They had a lot of kid rides and carnival stuff and a haunted house, so she opts for the haunted house of course and goes in and gets freaked out when she's about halfway through this clear tube she had to crawl through. I think it was because the tube was up high and she could see underneath her to the ground and it scared her. Anyhow, I had to go get her out so I'm crawling through this tube and all these people were looking at the idiot trying to get the kid out of the tube and then started clapping because she caused a bit of a kid traffic tie up.

Feb 18, 2013
I'm sad to say we leave Taiwan in 7 hours. I don't want to go! If it weren't for silly things like having to work and earn money for school, I'd just stay all summer. ;) this has been such an incredible experience, and now I can genuinely say I love my boyfriend's entire family, his country, and his culture. I've developed relationships here that I hope will last for a very long time, and I hope and pray for the opportunity to visit again. From a traveler's perspective this trip is also amazing because my friends here are better than any tour guide I could ask for. I've seen so many beautiful places and experienced a new culture...and eaten SO MANY DELICIOUS THINGS. ^_^

And yet, the time has come to go back to my favorite place in the world. As some of you know, I love Alaskan summers. They are short but so beautiful that they make the dreariest of winters worth it. The month of May in particular is gorgeous, but this trip to Taiwan was worth missing my favorite Alaskan season.

On a somewhat related note, I'm not even hoping for nice sunny weather when I return home. I genuinely am praying for a very rainy summer, because I've heard through my friends that there's a MASSIVE wildfire raging through the Kenai peninsula. Smoke is still lingering in Anchorage, and supposedly since the land that's burning is refuge land, they're not allowed to use flame retardant on it so they're literally just letting tj burn right now. It's spreading and getting closer and closer to developed land and towns. If you could remember this is your prayers I would be so grateful.

M

MissCris

What. A. Day.

I sort of wish I had the patience to write out every detail, it would probably be therapeutic.

Alas, I would rather lay here and play Magic Piano than relive this longest of days.

I really wish my apartment had a balcony. It's a beautiful night, and I could sit outside and shoot spit wads at the little hoodlums that skulk around the parking lot.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I really wish my apartment had a balcony.
My mind is tired and my eyes are tired and I read that and at first thought it said, "I really wish my apartment had baloney" and I thought, "That's...random." Ha.

Tomorrow night I am playing ultimate frisbee with a group of friends. They played last week, but I sat on the side with another friend and just watched. This time I will actually be attempting to play. I'm worried, though. I'm self-conscious when I run around/exercise, and I'm not that great at ultimate, and sometimes when situations like this arise, I am super critical of myself since I am around others who look great while they play and are good at it, and it just ends up being a test on my self-confidence, a test that I usually fail and struggle to recover from. It's stupid.

W

ww_21

Someone needs to tell shour to stop running off he's missed :C

W

wwjd_kilden

I can't help it.... when my neighbours are noisy (playing loud music at 4- 5 in the morning), I pray that they one day get a job where they have to get up early, and are themselves kept up throughout the night by nosy neighbors. ARGH!

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
I can't help it.... when my neighbours are noisy (playing loud music at 4- 5 in the morning), I pray that they one day get a job where they have to get up early, and are themselves kept up throughout the night by nosy neighbors. ARGH!
you are nicer then I am.. last time something like that happened to me. I gave them 1 warning to turn it down... next time it happened the stereo met mr baseball bat....... they moved not long after.

violakat

Apr 23, 2014
you are nicer then I am.. last time something like that happened to me. I gave them 1 warning to turn it down... next time it happened the stereo met mr baseball bat....... they moved not long after.
What, my bat scared them away?

A

Arlene89

I played my violin during tonight's worship session. This was my first official time playing up front with the band.

It felt so good. There's something about coming together with other musicians to worship and glorify God that felt so RIGHT. A bit scary, but really wonderful.

I also loved it because I have no sheet music, don't know most of the songs and have to improvise through pretty much all of it... but in doing so, I'm not trying to perform, all I have is my heart and that's all I want to give. Every time I get up there, I give the Lord a new song. None will be the same. I will sleep well tonight.

T

Tintin

I played my violin during tonight's worship session. This was my first official time playing up front with the band.

It felt so good. There's something about coming together with other musicians to worship and glorify God that felt so RIGHT. A bit scary, but really wonderful.

I also loved it because I have no sheet music, don't know most of the songs and have to improvise through pretty much all of it... but in doing so, I'm not trying to perform, all I have is my heart and that's all I want to give. Every time I get up there, I give the Lord a new song. None will be the same. I will sleep well tonight.
Ah, you play the violin! So good! Well done, mate. Have you heard of the dancing violinist, Lindsey Stirling?

W

ww_21

Ah, you play the violin! So good! Well done, mate. Have you heard of the dancing violinist, Lindsey Stirling?
You just made it to my list of top 10 favorite people for mentioning Lindsey Stirling.

T

Tintin

You just made it to my list of top 10 favorite people for mentioning Lindsey Stirling.
Awesome! She's one of my absolute favourite artists. Seems like a great down-to-earth and quirky woman. I hope she comes to South Australia on her second tour. :)