Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
I have two new 9-week old kittens named Lewis and Piper! Pics to come later :)
C.S. Lewis and John Piper? :p

My coworkers threw me a surprise going away party today after work. I had no idea. My coworker asked me if I could swing by her house after work to let her dogs out because she had to go pick up her husband because of a flat tire, but when I got there my coworkers were all there and I started tearing up and crying as soon as I walked through the door. We had tacos and then cake and it was all cat-themed so it was fantastic and it was....just the best.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Taking away video games works too, at Least the threat of that in this house works.
withholding the wi-fi password of the day until after they have practiced the piano and done their chores also works wonders.

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
housework (along with some CC and facebook), then teaching a trumpet lesson later, then a mini road trip with the kids and a buddy to the tomato festival. My kids were groaning yesterday at the thought of the "mandatory fun" imposed on them because they would rather waste a beautiful day by staying inside and playing Skyrim. Depending on their attitudes, this day could either be fantastic or torturous. I foresee no in-between.
update:

no tomato festival for me -

My buddy came over as planned. After mapquesting it, I noticed the flyer said it was from 3:00-11:00. Somehow I had misread that earlier in the week as beginning at 11:00 a.m.. We had planned on leaving at six or seven. My friend didn't want to stay all day, and I didn't want to pay admissions when we would only be there for a couple hours...and no one wanted to make the road trip for just a couple hours at the festival.

So kind of hanging out with my friend, who is still here...kind of. The kids got their way and played Skyrim. My buddy loves to watch others play video games. He does this to learn strategies before he attempts the game himself. This also drives the player crazy because he is an "armchair" video game player, offering tips and asking annoying questions. He did this to my 17 y.o. It was fun to watch her get all flustered by answering his questions while trying not to get killed as she maneuvers through the dungeon to find a magic sword.

I'm making a salad with shrimp...and peach smoothies for lunch. I am contemplating life and wondering why I am still single if I know how to make shrimp salad and peach smoothies and reminded myself "Self, you are the one who decided you wanted to be single right now." Then I began arguing, "Whose stupid idea was that?".

Anyway, the youngest is now playing Skyrim while I am about to make the smoothies. The other daughter went off with friend because she decided that we need junk food.

So even though we're not doing the tomato festival (I think I am the only one who really wanted to go), it's fun to hang with an old friend and do nothing.

M

MissCris

WHERE DID ALL THIS JUNK COME FROM?

Packing stinks. I've packed up three big boxes, and it doesn't look like I've done anything...except, you know, it Does look like I stacked three big boxes in the middle of my living room.

Tonight's project- I have no idea, but it won't involve packing.

K

kenthomas27

look what I made!

clock.jpg

see it's a circular saw blade and then i put a clock thing and then....

I need a life.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I can't seem to pray for it to get better anymore. I no longer care for a future. I've accepted that things will never get better, they can only get worse. All I can pray for is that it all ends soon. I can't keep living like this.
*hugs and more hugs*. You aren't defeated until you quit fighting. Don't lose hope your story isn't over yet, and there is still time for God to do something awesome. Oh and I thought of this song:

[video=youtube_share;rUgUUoqKAz4]http://youtu.be/rUgUUoqKAz4[/video]

I'm making a salad with shrimp...and peach smoothies for lunch. I am contemplating life and wondering why I am still single if I know how to make shrimp salad and peach smoothies and reminded myself "Self, you are the one who decided you wanted to be single right now." Then I began arguing, "Whose stupid idea was that?".

With all the more mature ladies we have around here talking about how they can't find a good guy, I would be very careful about bemoaning my single state here if I were you :p That is if you actually want to continue to be single right now.

violakat

Apr 23, 2014
I can't seem to pray for it to get better anymore. I no longer care for a future. I've accepted that things will never get better, they can only get worse. All I can pray for is that it all ends soon. I can't keep living like this.
Hugs and prayers for you. I'm sorry you're dealing with so much. And right now, I know you can't see that God is moving through you. Who knows, you may be the very reason your parents become Christians. Impossible things do happen.

Fine, you forced me to ask: Catherder will you please marry ... GypsyGirl?

What, you didn't expect a peach hater to marry you. Yep, think GypsyGirl is better cause she loves peaches. :D

M

MissCris

​I'm pretty certain that I desperately need a chocolate malt.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
My dog hurt his paw real good. So now I'm having to take him to the animal hospital in the morning. Not very happy about it, but it's not just something that can wait till Monday.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
I'm beginning to think Christianity isn't for me.
Hugs ww... I don't want you to think I'm picking on you or talking down to you, because I'm not. I love you, girl, and I really care. But I feel like there's a few things I've got to say.

Why did you decide to become a Christian in the first place? Were you absolutely sure that Jesus was the way, the truth, God come in the flesh? Why did you think that? Do you think that He's changed, or that He lied about who He is, and about His nature?

I know that things have been really, really hard on you, and I am very sorry. I can guarantee you, though, that running away from God won't help. I would suggest, in the most loving way I know how, that instead of asking God to make things better, you ask Him what you should do. Ask Him to guide you, and be open to His way, whatever that is. Trying to hold on to something that should not be kept, whether it's a plan for the future, or unforgiveness, or anything really... is counterproductive. And seeking what you think you want is not the answer. So let go of things, however you can. Give everything into His hands, your past, present, and your future. Cast your cares right where they belong, at His feet. And please don't take yourself out of the frying pan, and into the fire.
"There is a path before each person that seems right, but it ends in death."

I understand that you might not be ready to follow Him right now, but He isn't going anywhere. He will be there if you decide later to turn to Him. And of course I hope you know that we love you no matter what. ~Pop

Feb 18, 2013
*me, shopping on eBay*
*finds desired item*
*proceeds to place bid..and notices seller does not ship to Alaska*

-.-

*contacts seller, offers to pay for extra shipping charges to Alaska*

Seller: sorry, I only ship to America.

Jesus_Facepalm-dos.jpg