Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 18, 2013
I HAVE BIG NEWS GUYS.

Last night my fiance and I went on a double date with an old high school buddy of mine and his wife. I haven't seen this friend in a long time, but in our last year of high school we had a really close brother/sister type friendship. He was raised in a buddhist family, and I have been praying for him over the past 6 years. I never 'shoved my faith down his throat', but I was never ashamed to talk about life from my Christian perspective, if that makes sense. It was simply part of me and I didn't hide that.

Well, last night, he and his wife (who was raised Catholic, btw), told me that they are both now born-again Christians. I couldn't believe my ears. The term "born-again" wasn't even in his vocabulary the last time I saw him. He's new to the faith but he is SAVED. As if this wasn't significant enough, I'm even more amazed because buddhism has such a huge cultural influence on his family (they immigrated from Laos), and he's getting so much pressure from his family to return to buddhism. Now he's praying that he can be a witness to the rest of his family!

I can't believe this. He was the same fun-loving, sweet friend, but he was also SO different. Christ has transformed him! He is infinitely more patient, calm, humble and selfless today than the young man I once knew. My fiance and I were so excited and we've invited them to hang out with us more and have some fellowship. They are new believers and we want to help nourish their walk if we can.

I almost cried when he shared his testimony with me. I admitted that I had been praying for his salvation for years, and he just said "I'm not surprised. I believe in the power of prayer now!"

GOD IS SO GOOD

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Tomorrow my son turns 9. We are going to this vacation bible school at my friends house. I bought one of those cookie cakes to take with us. He saw it and said, eww I hate those. Since it's his birthday I said I'd get cupcakes instead. My Husband is going to be so happy a whole cookie cake to himself.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Tomorrow my son turns 9. We are going to this vacation bible school at my friends house. I bought one of those cookie cakes to take with us. He saw it and said, eww I hate those. Since it's his birthday I said I'd get cupcakes instead. My Husband is going to be so happy a whole cookie cake to himself.
I know I'd be rejoicing lol

gypsygirl

Sep 19, 2012
I see ALL over Twitter and Facebook every Monday something that has to do with Man Crush Monday. SO I decided...I feel left out. I need to participate in some way. Except, I don't have a crush, I've never had a boyfriend...anyone related to me would be just weird. SO I decided, you know...I have Jesus! I'll witness to people via Twitter while participating in Man Crush Monday at the same time. haha and so I tweeted, "My man crush is Jesus Christ. He's saved me from so many things. #mcm"
no crush, ehh? i sort of remember a possible contender for "man crush monday".

looks suspiciously at mocha's surgical wound and is reminded of lil_c's "maybe" crush and how she met him--a real white-coated knight. ; p

*sticks tongue out at lil_c*

Last edited:
S

Star-Lord

I have a little bit of time left. So that's good. How's life? How's man-crushes?

S

Star-Lord

Life is crazy! Man-crushes are well...man-crushes. XD hahaha
I can respect that. We actually had a discussion on man crushes 2 nights ago after Revival. A group of guys got together, and both me and my cousin said we had one. Everyone else said no. They thought we were weird. Then the youth pastor Robby came up. My friend Kevin said, "Look Robby. Ryan(cousin) says he has a man-crush on Mark Whalberg. Luke(me) says he has one on Channing Tatum. You don't have one do you?" Almost instantly, Robby says Vin Diesel. It was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Are you Mad Man?

inb4 you've never seen Mad Men and my pun is not recognized.

Yes, Mad Men, also just a fan of his. He's a really good comedy actor too. He guest starred on 30 rock for a bit, he was so funny.

S

Star-Lord

Yes, Mad Men, also just a fan of his. He's a really good comedy actor too. He guest starred on 30 rock for a bit, he was so funny.
I barely know the guy, but he was a fan favorite to play Doctor Strange in a new marvel movie. I tried watching Mad Men, but it bored me to tears. I didn't give it that much of a chance though.

R

Raine

Man crushes... *sighs*. I wish I had a man to crush on lol. >.<

gypsygirl

Sep 19, 2012
I have a secret crush on John Hamm.
what's really sad is that the closest thing i have to crush exists is with a fictional character right now. haahahahaaa.

i don't get crushes that often. more like swoon-worthy moments.

by the time i'm aware of an actual crush, i'm just more of a messy-girl-spazz-tastic-freakjob.

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Man crushes... *sighs*. I wish I had a man to crush on lol. >.<
Ordinarily, I'd suggest... well, y'all know who. But I can't anymore because I love and respect Arlene to pieces, and that obviously trumps my need to embarrass Tintin.

Well guess who's a brand new married woman :D
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PopClick

Aug 12, 2011
Today may be my last day on here for a while. I don't know a lot of you well, but I can see that many of you are fun people with a strong love for Christ. I thank you all for my time here, and if any of you need me, I may be able to get on FB every now and then.

https://www.facebook.com/Psychotixs3

Feel free to add me. Just let me know you who are on this site.

If you ever just want to talk or catch up, I'll be there.

God bless you all.
Star lord, here's a late welcome for you. I don't know you very well, but I've enjoyed what I've seen of your posts. Come back when you get a chance!

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
what's really sad is that the closest thing i have to crush exists is with a fictional character right now. haahahahaaa.

i don't get crushes that often. more like swoon-worthy moments.

by the time i'm aware of an actual crush, i'm just more of a messy-girl-spazz-tastic-freakjob.
Oooh, if we're going with fictional characters, then this guy right here is who my man crush is.