Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

blueorchidjd

Are you ready for a divine interruption?

Jun 25, 2010
Tough day. Wake up with a massive earache! Had to be at work for a special meeting- I guess is never a good thing. Me and my coworkers were told that the company who we work for will be ending the contract for the Commissary( military folk will know what that is) as of January 28th. There's a chance that the new contract owners will keep some of us there, but there's also a 50/50 chance they come in and clean house. I'll be doing a lot of thinking about my future job now. Definitely not what I had planned for today!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
So at work today, the son of the district manager was on the schedule. He got in trouble of course, because he is always late, always talking on his phone, always arguing with the managers... Son-of-a-boss syndrome y'know. Later he was on the phone to his mother, and apparently the conversation didn't fare too well for him.

I am glad my parents are not bosses. And if they were, I would be glad that my mother is in far east Tennessee and my father is in Kentucky.

So yeah, today at work was very entertaining. All that was missing was an armchair, an ottoman (much better than a recliner) and a bowl of popcorn.

B

BugeyeSTi

I can't stop sniffing the packet of coffee I have in front of me which is weird cause I don't even drink coffee, or even like the smell of it usually. 0_o

S

Shouryu

Perhaps he's a cross-dresser. Disney has quite an assortment of fashionable wearing apparel.
Only that one time. And only because it was appropriate to the occasion. The photo can be referenced here:
http://christianchat.com/christian-...s-consciousness-thoughts-171.html#post1212100

We did the same theme concert the following season, and I went as a male native that time.

Shouryu looks better in a dress and long hair than I do.

If he and I were both auditioning for roles as a Disney princess, I have no doubt in my mind that he'd have me beaten out hand down, no contest, despite however many razors it might take.
Alas, since I've cut all my hair off, I really can't pull it off any more. It's hard to tell from that angle, but the dress looked even more ridiculous because my shoulders are quite a bit broader than my waist, so I basically look like a walking martini glass in that dress.

Ran into a guy at the grocery store wearing this bad boy.

View attachment 89839

I pointed at it and gave the nod and said "I like that." He was awfully quiet and just sort of nodded back. I'd have been seriously proud of that thing if I was wearing it.
I know, right? I'm always hyped when I see a fellow brony representing! If you're representing, why would you be all Fluttershy about it, yo?

A

arwen-undomiel

Yay for online shopping. Ordering band t-shirts :D I also had a dream that I was taking a trip to Portland to see Gypsygirl even tho she doesn't live there, and along the way, I realize that I don't have a car and I am walking to the border but I was too far from home to turn back. *shrugs*

M

MissCris

I think...I think I'm embarrassed to be me.

It's just, I've never been concerned about my lack of education before, it's never bothered me, even when other people have looked down on me for it. Suddenly, I'm realizing that I can't keep up with intelligent people. Not that I don't understand what they're saying (mostly...gosh...), but I know nothing about...anything...and can't hold a conversation with them.

And what do I have to talk about? Grocery budgets. Cleaning products. Smelly diapers.

I just feel really silly, thinking that...I dunno, that maybe I could leave my housewife persona behind for just a couple of hours and actually spend time with other adults whom I respect and admire, only to find that I have zero experience in anything, zero knowledge of anything, and nothing at all to add, nothing worth saying.

I think maybe I'm just over-tired. Yeah...maybe I'll just go, you know, over there ------> well, ------>ish, and get some sleep, so that way, in the morning when I feel better, I can be embarassed about this whiny post and whatnot.

Because that...is how I roll. Or, you know, whatever.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014

And what do I have to talk about? Grocery budgets. Cleaning products. Smelly diapers.

If and when I ever have children I will come to you for your wealth of knowledge on how to budget for groceries and not feel like a terrible mom when your kids cry about not getting candy. What cleaning product is best for removing crayon marks from walls and which one to use when you can't believe that the kid used sharpies on the wall. And the best way of disposing of smelly diapers. Not to mention all your other wisdom of how to manage a family and still retain a shred of sanity most of the time.

Just because your learnin' isn't book learnin' don't mean it's not valuable.

W

wwjd_kilden

apparently it is my fault that the delivery people don't deliver peoples goods on time (no , I don't work in delivery)

Aug 2, 2009
I think...I think I'm embarrassed to be me.

It's just, I've never been concerned about my lack of education before, it's never bothered me, even when other people have looked down on me for it. Suddenly, I'm realizing that I can't keep up with intelligent people. Not that I don't understand what they're saying (mostly...gosh...), but I know nothing about...anything...and can't hold a conversation with them.

I just feel really silly, thinking that...I dunno, that maybe I could leave my housewife persona behind for just a couple of hours and actually spend time with other adults whom I respect and admire, only to find that I have zero experience in anything, zero knowledge of anything, and nothing at all to add, nothing worth saying.

I think maybe I'm just over-tired. Yeah...maybe I'll just go, you know, over there ------> well, ------>ish, and get some sleep, so that way, in the morning when I feel better, I can be embarassed about this whiny post and whatnot.

Because that...is how I roll. Or, you know, whatever.
I go through the same thing when I'm with people and all they talk about is their kids. What things did they talk about?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
MissChris I feel the same way when the guys at work talk sports. Sometimes I can't even guess what sport they're talking about. Football? Real football (the sport everywhere but America calls football)? Baseball? Is a line drive football or basketball? Does baseball have a quarterback? Eh forget it, I'll just go back to thinking about what I was thinking about and let them burn up their lunch break talking about a game they don't even play.

By the way, what WERE they talking about that prompted your post?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
In local news I got about four hours of sleep. Woke up, couldn't get back to sleep. Maybe it's because I ate a lot of cheese last night (when I know dern well I'm allergic to dairy... but it was good.) Maybe it's because I stayed up too late playing a game.

Nah, I'll blame Shouryu. He knows perfectly well that I'm accustomed to getting up at a certain time and it's hard for me to get any sleep past that time, but he deliberately kept me up talking in chat last night. It's all his fault.

A

arwen-undomiel

Thank goodness that it's Friday. It's been a hard exhausting week. Now I am off work until Tuesday, so I can catch up on rest.

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
MissCris,

I know how you feel - I find myself in that position time to time. But you know what, things you mentioned, grocery budgets, cleaning products, and smelly diapers.. they all sound like something that good parents would think about and deal with all the time - I don't think there's anything graceful and grateful when parents, especially mothers, putting their lives for the family , going through what it seems like mundane matter and something that can be easily put aside as insignificant such as grocery budgets and whatnot, when in fact, it's like air and water that we take for granted without appreciating and acknowledging its essential nature. You doing the grocery budget, smelly diapers and all that - it all sounds to me like a mother showing her kids her love through her life. Last but not least, as we all know, you are not only wonderfully, fearfully made but also uniquely made - there's no one in this world, NO ONE that has your DNA, your finger prints, and especially your love for your family. Okay, sorry if I overreacted if you were just "whining"; my apology.

God bless you my beautiful sister in Christ :)

A

arwen-undomiel

The lady I support likes watching Beverly Hillbillies. I've seen the same 6 episodes about 10 times now. It's a funny show though. I am trying to convince her to maybe buy another one of their DVDs, so she can mix it up lol.

J

JustAnotherUser

All I have to say is... I am tired.

Physically tired, mentally tired, tired of everything. :l Not to the point of having a depressive episode (thankfully), but I am rather ticked off over subjects that I voluntarily get myself into and at this point I really don't care anymore. If certain people can be bold about certain subjects and get away with it then I have my right to do the same.

I only had maybe an hour's worth of sleep overnight and had some coffee, so...

Aug 2, 2009
The lady I support likes watching Beverly Hillbillies. I've seen the same 6 episodes about 10 times now. It's a funny show though. I am trying to convince her to maybe buy another one of their DVDs, so she can mix it up lol.
I used to watch that show! :D It was one of my faves.