Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
CatHerder: Sorry for your gumbo deprivation. If you ever sail through west TN give me a heads up and I'll have a pot of gumbo waiting. Or would you rather have some chili?

Actually it's a shame you weren't here around the first part of December. We had our church Men's Wild Meat Supper, and among other things we had some really good rabbit gumbo. They made a big pot so there were leftovers, but there were also cool whip bowls and men with an eye on tomorrow's lunch so all the leftovers went home with different guys.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Dang it Isaac, that's at least the second time you've made me wish I was a guy, and that's usually hard to do =P.

Oh, and for those of you who're wondering what the first time was that Lynx made me yearn for a Y chromosome, it was the previous time he mentioned going to the Men's Edible Wildlife Meeting.

And no, Tennessee is NOT too far to drive for one meal, not for a true foodie ...

Last edited:

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
just finished treadmill time. and i'm starving. and i'm thinking about food. particularly pizza.

*orders pizza*

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Ok, this seems to be conclusive proof that computers are out to take over every aspect of out lives. A computerized cup that keeps track of how much you drink. Seriously this is a $100 cup. Are people really so stupid that they'll pay for a cup that tells them just how unhealthy they're being when the solution is free and pretty simple (drink less unhealthy, sugar loaded stuff)? I know I know, never underestimate the stupidity of people.

https://www.myvessyl.com

There's the link if you want to see this foolishness for yourself.

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
Ok, this seems to be conclusive proof that computers are out to take over every aspect of out lives. A computerized cup that keeps track of how much you drink. Seriously this is a $100 cup. Are people really so stupid that they'll pay for a cup that tells them just how unhealthy they're being when the solution is free and pretty simple (drink less unhealthy, sugar loaded stuff)? I know I know, never underestimate the stupidity of people.

But then that means having to take personal responsibility and having to do the work ourselves and heaven forbid that happen!

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009

What?! That's like the coolest thing I've ever seen! :rolleyes: It actually knows what you poured in and tells you how many calories in a subtle, illuminated display that sort of magically appears on the side of the cup. Coolness! :)

Last edited:
U

Ugly

Just read an article about a 5 year old boy mauled by a pit bull. He has extensive facial scarring, permanent pain. His mother had to quit her job to take care of him and is struggling just to pay the bills.
Meanwhile the dog has become a local celebrity where 75,000 people petitioned to keep the dog from being put to death, and was instead moved to a 'no kill' shelter and now is on 24 hour live cam for people to watch him.

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
Just read an article about a 5 year old boy mauled by a pit bull. He has extensive facial scarring, permanent pain. His mother had to quit her job to take care of him and is struggling just to pay the bills.
Meanwhile the dog has become a local celebrity where 75,000 people petitioned to keep the dog from being put to death, and was instead moved to a 'no kill' shelter and now is on 24 hour live cam for people to watch him.
the insane are running the asylum

T

Tintin

I see people have run out of ideas and still want to make money. Blah. Who are the people that buy this rubbish?

T

Tintin

People are idiots. I'm all for pit bulls etc. not being demonized (when they don't do anything wrong), but this is going to far and the dog did almost kill the boy. We should be looking after our own over any animal. Stupid.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
But then that means having to take personal responsibility and having to do the work ourselves and heaven forbid that happen!
Yeah but some of us don't have a hundred bucks to throw away on this. So we HAVE to do the work ourselves.

(Or not... I choose not. The only way I watch what I eat is I watch to make sure it doesn't fall off the fork.)

rachelsedge

Oct 15, 2012
People are idiots. I'm all for pit bulls etc. not being demonized (when they don't do anything wrong), but this is going to far and the dog did almost kill the boy. We should be looking after our own over any animal. Stupid.
I agree with this to an extent. Mainly it's with wild animals that I don't get why we put down. I think it was a killer whale at Sea World that tried to kill someone or did kill someone, and they either did put the whale down or were going to (wow I really have my story straight :rolleyes:), or I've heard stories of lions or gorillas who were "tamed" who attacked people and were then put down, like really? It's a killer whale. It's a lion. It's a gigantic gorilla. They are not domesticated and you're playing with fire when you handle them, and I don't think they should get put down. That's like putting your hand on a mousetrap and getting mad when it snaps closed and hurts your hand.

Anyway. Getting off my soap box now. :)

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Political propaganda in television shows is SO. ANNOYING. I turned the TV on to enjoy a show, not have worldviews thrust down my throat. I agree I can always change the channel, but it's not just one show, it's all of them. I'm just about done watching 99% of TV.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
That's.... just weird.

And that's a canadian lynx, so we know it's not hot sausage. Very cold in fact.

Sep 6, 2013
More ginger tea for me. There's gotta be a better way.
Research Inositol, Ev. A lot of holistic professionals recommend it as a very safe, natural way to help with anxiety and stress. It comes in a powder form that's sweet and tastes good. You can purchase it at health stores, or (for much cheaper) on eBay.

"Pure Inositol Powder"

Everyone is different, but it has really helped a lot of my family and friends.