Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Immawildthing

Jan 20, 2013
Taco Bell tacos are too small. I ate five of them (would've eaten six but my husband wanted one).... I'm still hungry. That being said, now I have a food baby AND a human baby! Wahahahaha

S

Siberian_Khatru

That sounds slightly torturous. I can barely do that with my acoustic, I think my nails would crack and bleed if I tried to do that on a BASS guitar.
Torture builds callouses! :cool:...but yes, it's torture.

S

Shouryu

Finger strumming chords up and down on bass is rough on the cuticles.
Thaaaat's because the strings on the electric bass (or even an upright bass) are not designed to be strummed. They are supposed to be plucked, even when playing chords.

S

Siberian_Khatru

Thaaaat's because the strings on the electric bass (or even an upright bass) are not designed to be strummed. They are supposed to be plucked, even when playing chords.
Conventional wisdom is all well and fine for learning the essentials, and I do still definitely have a lot to learn. I like picking up unorthodox material and learning from that too, and the guy I'm learning from now incorporates slapping, tapping, and flamenco-style strumming. Ack...

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
I drove through my old neighborhood today. It would have been fun to drop in on my dad, but technically, I was working and had the company vehicle, so that would have been a no-no.

I did pass by David the booger-eater's house and wondered how he was doing now. I remember back when we were studying California missions in elementary school, I got teamed up with him to make our model of whatever mission we were assigned to. This was before they made the styrofoam kits that everybody uses today and has their dad assemble and the kid gets an "A."

Anyway, I had a whole bunch of brown clay, because the missions were adobe, and I made a bunch of tiny bricks with it and pretty much built the mission myself, not because I was a control freak, but because I knew where David's hands had been, and that he never washed them. When I was done making the mission, David took some leftover clay and used it to slap some plastic trees to the cardboard base - his contribution to the project. We got the same grade.

I have no idea why I am sharing this.

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
Conventional wisdom is all well and fine for learning the essentials, and I do still definitely have a lot to learn. I like picking up unorthodox material and learning from that too, and the guy I'm learning from now incorporates slapping, tapping, and flamenco-style strumming. Ack...
Bass isn't that hard to learn from what I've seen (haven't tried it myself, but I've been told if you know how to play a regular guitar you can play a bass), but that still sounds like way too much at once.

Or wait...are you saying you're learning those techniques? Or are those just the techniques your teacher uses?

B

blueorchidjd

Sleep time.

I don't believe in aliens btw.
I just believe in Jesus Christ, him crucified.
And I also believe in the Father and Holy Spirit.

The end.

B

blueorchidjd

Jesus was also resurrected too by the power of the Holy Spirit.
How awesome
is that!

S

Siberian_Khatru

Bass isn't that hard to learn from what I've seen (haven't tried it myself, but I've been told if you know how to play a regular guitar you can play a bass), but that still sounds like way too much at once.

Or wait...are you saying you're learning those techniques? Or are those just the techniques your teacher uses?
Bass is usually stigmatized, or reduced to being a simpler instrument, but it can be made to be a really fun and challenging learning experience. I'm not taking actual lessons, just learning as much as I can from various artists out there.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Bass is usually stigmatized, or reduced to being a simpler instrument, but it can be made to be a really fun and challenging learning experience. I'm not taking actual lessons, just learning as much as I can from various artists out there.

When you REALLY wanna get serious about Bass.........let me know, can give you some good pointers

bass.jpg

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Bass is simple?

*Lynx glances over a few tracks in his music collection...

I dunno, maybe in southern gospel it's simple. Some of the songs I've got though, the bass gets real complex.

B

BibleReader

jehovah witnesses just came to my door, wow‏, I didn't realize it at first, I was polite and I was pretty tired, just woke up, but it was strange

Rachel20

May 7, 2013
Also, Here's my cover of "It is well (You Make Me Brave)" sung by Kristene Di Marco and Bethel Music.

I find this song so beautifully encouraging and a blessing.

I am neither a great pianist nor a singer, but I loved this song so much that I wanted to play and sing it very much.

Here's my version of it... Hope you enjoy it.

This song is to my Saviour, who having conquered all, even death, makes me brave.

https://soundcloud.com/themetamorphosis/it-is-well-you-make-me-brave

B

BibleReader

jehovah witnesses just came to my door, wow‏, I didn't realize it at first, I was polite and I was pretty tired, just woke up, but it was strange

1 John 4:1

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Shortly after those JWs came to my door, I got an email from a family member who is committed to her faith in Christ and her email included this verse.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
i need to go to the mall.

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.