Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
My godson had me walking back and forth. I worked off the chicken sandwich I ate lol

M

MollyConnor

So my brother and I are 22 and 25 respectfully. My cousins are exactly ten years younger 12 and 15. Anyways, the 15 year old went to the homecoming dance last night with a girl and they are now going together. I was really happy for him because he's liked this girl for a few months now. But guess what my mom told me? She says "well it looks like my younger sister will be a grandmother before I will!"

LOL she thinks my brother and I (especially me) are getting too old and that we should get married and have children soon. She wants to be a grandma so bad she will go to the stores and look at the baby clothes and tell me "bring me a grandchild, so that I can dress him/her up!" I just laugh it off! LOL

Does anyone else go through this? I told my best friend and she says that her mom tells her things like this all the time.

C

CarolSampaio

So my brother and I are 22 and 25 respectfully. My cousins are exactly ten years younger 12 and 15. Anyways, the 15 year old went to the homecoming dance last night with a girl and they are now going together. I was really happy for him because he's liked this girl for a few months now. But guess what my mom told me? She says "well it looks like my younger sister will be a grandmother before I will!"

LOL she thinks my brother and I (especially me) are getting too old and that we should get married and have children soon. She wants to be a grandma so bad she will go to the stores and look at the baby clothes and tell me "bring me a grandchild, so that I can dress him/her up!" I just laugh it off! LOL

Does anyone else go through this? I told my best friend and she says that her mom tells her things like this all the time.
Oh yeah... all the time!!!

Now they are starting to gang up on me to try and find me a husband... I'm like "whoa... easy... just get used to having furry and meowing grandkids"!!!

Jul 15, 2013
I have a very simple and effective argument. You will not convince me to stop eating meat. Especially fish. You can argue with me but you won't win.

(And if meat is so useless as a nutrition source... how did I get this fat?)
My views do not require followers, lol. I need no consensus opinion. I simply have the facts on my side.

And, I eat meat myself, but try to keep it minimal.

Fat? Surely you jest in equating being overweight with having good nutritional dietary habits?

T

Tintin

I'm so sorry, Molly. People need to watch what they say to others. That stuff can really hurt.

C

CarolSampaio

I'm so sorry, Molly. People need to watch what they say to others. That stuff can really hurt.
I don't think she's hurt by it... just a little annoyed... ;)

And we know they don't do it out of spite... just out of the will to see their daughters settled and happy... ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My views do not require followers, lol. I need no consensus opinion. I simply have the facts on my side.

And, I eat meat myself, but try to keep it minimal.

Fat? Surely you jest in equating being overweight with having good nutritional dietary habits?
I didn't say you needed consensus, I just said you're not going to win the argument. :p No way you're going to convince me to stop eating meat.

Of course I probably won't win it either - I won't talk you into admitting meat is good. But I suppose it depends on what criteria are for "winning."

Either way, pass the halibut please.

C

CarolSampaio

Guys, really? You're arguing about food! FOOD!!!

People don't argue about food unless if it's too see who gets the last piece, or the bigger one... -.-

T

Tintin

And we know they don't do it out of spite... just out of the will to see their daughters settled and happy... ;)
Oh, good call. Sorry, Carol. I have a few girl friends who are very saddened by such comments. For example: One is 30 years old and her cousin is about 15 and has a boyfriend. Some family members commented that her cousin would have children before she did. Sure, people may go along with the joke at the time, but I know that such comments can be very destructive, especially once one is on their own. Just trying to look out for people. Bless you, dear sister. :)

M

MollyConnor

Thank you but it's okay, Tin. Like Carol says, I know my mom and she's doing it because she wants me to be happy, that's all. My mom and I are pretty close, I know she would never hurt me like that. :)
I think it's kinda of funny, actually lol.

M

MollyConnor

The worst part is when they look around for potential suitors for you. Like my mom meets someone at work and tells me "hey there's a sweet young man who works with me, I like him for you!" LOL
She once tried to set me up with a guy from church and let's just say the dude was a wolf in sheep's clothing. :eek:

M

MollyConnor

Oh, good call. Sorry, Carol. I have a few girl friends who are very saddened by such comments. For example: One is 30 years old and her cousin is about 15 and has a boyfriend. Some family members commented that her cousin would have children before she did. Sure, people may go along with the joke at the time, but I know that such comments can be very destructive, especially once one is on their own. Just trying to look out for people. Bless you, dear sister. :)
Thank you, I really appreciate that! :)
And I'm sorry about your friend, I hope that she finds God's comfort.

T

Tintin

Thank you, I really appreciate that! :)
And I'm sorry about your friend, I hope that she finds God's comfort.
You're most welcome, dear sister. Thanks. Yes, my friend has her good days and her bad days (also, she's an orphan in the earthly sense so that makes things extra tough). But recently, it looks like she's finding more joy in life too. Praise God!

C

CarolSampaio

We all know you're a gentle soul, Tintin! And that makes you special! ;) Keep on doing your thing! You're a breath of fresh air! ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
The worst part is when they look around for potential suitors for you. Like my mom meets someone at work and tells me "hey there's a sweet young man who works with me, I like him for you!" LOL
She once tried to set me up with a guy from church and let's just say the dude was a wolf in sheep's clothing. :eek:
And this is precisely why my opinion of matchmakers has so much to do with proper use of a flamethrower.

C

CarolSampaio

And this is precisely why my opinion of matchmakers has so much to do with proper use of a flamethrower.
Huahuahuahuahuahuahua

It's not THAT bad..... :)

Ok... it is that bad... but I can't really use one of those on my mom and sister... hehehehe

But I kinda barked at them today... I guess they got the message... ;)

C

CarolSampaio

Glad you saw through him, Molly...

You know... that is something that really gets me mad...

The worst guys I've met were from church... :( cause they do their best to hide their true intentions... out in the world the guys are pretty straight forward about what they want and what they think... the deceitful behaviour of these guys who try to pass as christians is what gets me so angry.. :(

M

MollyConnor

Huahuahuahuahuahuahua

It's not THAT bad..... :)

Ok... it is that bad... but I can't really use one of those on my mom and sister... hehehehe

But I kinda barked at them today... I guess they got the message... ;)
Woah, so he means we should throw flames at the matchmakers? Or that matchmaking is almost as harmful as throwing flames? I'm confused! LOL

jsr1221

Jul 7, 2013
Glad you saw through him, Molly...

You know... that is something that really gets me mad...

The worst guys I've met were from church... :( cause they do their best to hide their true intentions... out in the world the guys are pretty straight forward about what they want and what they think... the deceitful behaviour of these guys who try to pass as christians is what gets me so angry.. :(
You know, I've realized more often than not, if someone talks/preaches a lot.. Chances are, the person isn't what he (or she, for guys) claims to be.. I don't want to say if it's too good to be true, then it is.. Because there are some really incredible people, and I have been helped by some amazing people where I have said to myself "It's too good to be true." But it wasn't. So God does provide in those instances.. But when it comes to deceitful behavior, one common trait is a smooth talker. I'm glad sister Molly saw through him, because a lot of women don't, unfortunately, and it ends in heartbreak.