Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm gonna need this rain to stop cuz i got places to go today! :)
Yay! I know a friend who's going places!

Moooovin' on up - to the east siiiiide...
*Raises eyebrow*

Are you sure that card is authentic?

After all, a real uber-nerd would have found a way to make The Ultimate Fake Nerd Card... (Or maybe it would actually be the Geeks. I'm getting confused. Probably because I hold dual citizenship in both of those realms...)
There is no market for counterfeits. Anyone nerdy enough to want a nerd card is already far beyond qualification for a real one.

Which is a shame. I was hoping to make a quick buck selling fakes. But those who don't have a card already aren't nearly nerdy enough to want one.

S

sydlit

Yay! I know a friend who's going places!

Moooovin' on up - to the east siiiiide...

There is no market for counterfeits. Anyone nerdy enough to want a nerd card is already far beyond qualification for a real one.

Which is a shame. I was hoping to make a quick buck selling fakes. But those who don't have a card already aren't nearly nerdy enough to want one.
Okay, then, I don't want one. Sooo, can I have one, now?

W

wwjd_kilden

That reminds me:
If I know too much nerdy stuff to be average...
and not enough to be a real nerd....
what am I?

:p

lil_christian

Mar 14, 2010
SO I start my job on the 16th. I probably want to get some just regular nice plain-colored t-shirts and then I need to get new shoes that I can stand/walk in for a prolonged amount of time. Thankfully the dress-code is somewhat casual but modest. Jeans are allowed which I'm SO THANKFUL.

Also. A neat opportunity - I'm going to be experimenting with gluten-free bread recipes for the shop. It's family-owned, local business. The lady who I interviewed with was the owner's daughter and she's the one that asked me to work on that so yeah. I miiiight also try to work on a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. Because who wouldn't want those?

A

Abing

Congrats Lil! As for me, I'm starting with sound monitoring department at church today and I honestly have no idea what to do lol. We were sent an I/O list for all the audio equipments and just reading through already made me confused. I'm glad I'm a volunteer for now. I'll have to start learning how these music equipments work together. After 2 Sundays, I'll be part of the sound check team and that's exciting.

S

sydlit

Congrats Lil! As for me, I'm starting with sound monitoring department at church today and I honestly have no idea what to do lol. We were sent an I/O list for all the audio equipments and just reading through already made me confused. I'm glad I'm a volunteer for now. I'll have to start learning how these music equipments work together. After 2 Sundays, I'll be part of the sound check team and that's exciting.
Hiyabing!!!:DVery exciting and moving right along I see. Thanks for keeping us posted. Soon you'll be running the show and we'll be getting live streams of you leading worship!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Best thing I ever did was color labeling every part of an output circuit. Main speakers, stage monitors, piano monitor - everything is labeled by color at every point. If the stage monitors go out I don't have to trace wires for 15 minutes. I look at the color going out of the sound board for stage monitors (orange) and check the orange tagged wires through to the equalizer, on to the amplifier, and on out.

Saves me a lot of time. Couple of weeks ago a monitor range went out and it took me less than two minutes to find a speaker cable had pulled out of its plug.

A

Abing

Best thing I ever did was color labeling every part of an output circuit. Main speakers, stage monitors, piano monitor - everything is labeled by color at every point. If the stage monitors go out I don't have to trace wires for 15 minutes. I look at the color going out of the sound board for stage monitors (orange) and check the orange tagged wires through to the equalizer, on to the amplifier, and on out.

Saves me a lot of time. Couple of weeks ago a monitor range went out and it took me less than two minutes to find a speaker cable had pulled out of its plug.
I'll have to know their color coding system! I guess the thing I'm confused with right now is where my main focus would be, and I'll find that out when I get there today. There's like 20 of us in the sound team alone, so I'm gonna find where I can be of use lol. I can start with... Maybe knowing where the microphones are kept. I'll actually need a map to locate the rooms too lol. The place is kinda huge. But it's all exciting!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
*Lynx picks his jaw up off the floor.

How big is this church again? At my church (+/-115 on a given Sunday) I'm the only one who knows how the sound system is put together. Not that it's that complex, it's just I'm the only one who bothers. I can't even imagine 20 people... even taking turns...

*Lynx gives up and just lets his jaw hang.

B

blueorchidjd

Today I scared the walmart greeter because I looked unexcited when she began talking about energy saving lightbulbs.
When I look like that I guess I look angry...
0_0
I am officially this guy

V

VioletReigns

SO I start my job on the 16th. I probably want to get some just regular nice plain-colored t-shirts and then I need to get new shoes that I can stand/walk in for a prolonged amount of time. Thankfully the dress-code is somewhat casual but modest. Jeans are allowed which I'm SO THANKFUL.

Also. A neat opportunity - I'm going to be experimenting with gluten-free bread recipes for the shop. It's family-owned, local business. The lady who I interviewed with was the owner's daughter and she's the one that asked me to work on that so yeah. I miiiight also try to work on a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. Because who wouldn't want those?
YAY!!! Way to go!! I wish you lots of luck & success!!!

208045,xcitefun-congrats-13.gif

A

Abing

*Lynx picks his jaw up off the floor.

How big is this church again? At my church (+/-115 on a given Sunday) I'm the only one who knows how the sound system is put together. Not that it's that complex, it's just I'm the only one who bothers. I can't even imagine 20 people... even taking turns...

*Lynx gives up and just lets his jaw hang.
Lol, so that's why you alone get all the blame when the mic feeds back (or when the mic doesn't work... which, most of the time is because people forget they have to switch it on). I go to New Creation Church in Singapore, which happens to be a mega church, so it's a little overwhelming. Other than learning how to handle system, I'll have to learn to work with a team of different sound appreciation skills. I can't wait to play with their mixers, but they probably won't let me touch anything until I know what I'm doing, or until they're confident that I know what I'm doing lel.

L

Learis

Christ has a light blue glow, not a purely
White glow

L

Learis

Its not aura crap. Many that have had visions of christ, like my self, have seen a blue glow, mixe with white.

W

Winningedge

I don't get into new age crap lol.