Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tintin

I don't know what they're like in Aussie Land. Here, in CA (L.A., specifically), the suburbs are kind of entwined with city/industry; there is no country unless you drive out of your way to find it. Residences neighbor markets, schools neighbor shopping squares, and my local downtown area - which is fairly quaint - shares a couple of blocks with medical buildings. Definitely convenient, and definitely packed together.

But pop culture seems to paint a scene of stretches of dull, cookie cutter homes and a caricature of 9 -5 life where everybody knows everybody - and their business. The truth is, many communities here are pretty devoid of community, and nobody knows anything about anyone outside of Facebook.
Ah, that makes some sense. Cheers, brother. Our suburbs vary but they sound like they still have a little more life than the American equivalent you've described.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
And many suburbs in America have more life than what was described. I still remember the block-wide cookout where my mother lived. Every month on a certain day the whole block would get together for a cookout. Good times.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
All I can say about the notebook is it's a sad commentary on our nation and view of life when seeing a couple stay together through the years elevates an otherwise cliche story to one people are calling great. Not that it's not a good cliche chick flick story otherwise, but it really isn't that original or great in my opinion. But then again, I generally don't like modern chick flicks much, I prefer the classics.

T

Tintin

All I can say about the notebook is it's a sad commentary on our nation and view of life when seeing a couple stay together through the years elevates an otherwise cliche story to one people are calling great. Not that it's not a good cliche chick flick story otherwise, but it really isn't that original or great in my opinion. But then again, I generally don't like modern chick flicks much, I prefer the classics.
Yeah, it was cliche. But I really don't watch chick-flicks so I only found it quite cliched. ;)

W

wwjd_kilden

We should join forces and make a move where everyone thinks they can predict the outcome, and then turn everything around and annoy people :p

Or better yet, a move that goes against all move standards:

My dream movie

- The hero is neither American nor British
- He/ she isn't hot, just normal.
- The bad guy isn't from Russia, nor he is an American gangster with a bandana
- The hero is clumsy, the sidekick isn't
- If a car crashes, it doesn't catch fire , or at least doesn't explode
- If there is a shootout, both sides are as bad / good at hitting the target
(rather than the enemy firing 100 shots and missing all while the good guy fires one and hits)

... come to think of it, I bet no one would watch it :p

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
I went to sleep at 2:30 am.

Im not about that life anymore.

C

coby2

An angry woman on Facebook:
Never put your problems on facebox, people are not to be trusted!
Facebox LOL

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
We should join forces and make a move where everyone thinks they can predict the outcome, and then turn everything around and annoy people :p

My dream movie

(rather than the enemy firing 100 shots and missing all while the good guy fires one and hits)

I would totally watch that movie!!

S

Shouryu

Grocery shopping...pass by candy aisle...

IMG_20160416_132100.jpg

I will totally buy this. Because patriotism. Also, I like Skittles in general. Let's take a look.

IMG_20160416_132121.jpg

Oh, it's like the berry mix. Also, 160 cals, that's good, and -- waitaminute

IMG_20160416_132133.jpg

YUMBERRY? SERIOUSLY?!

[video=youtube;H16Cq_696MI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H16Cq_696MI[/video]

Seriously, I mean who even...well...there can't REALLY be...can there?

yumberry.jpg

C

crosstweed

IT'S RAINING! :D

(BBL, must play in puddles...)

W

wwjd_kilden

brrr, too cold to play in puddles this time of year

I'll join you in June

W

wwjd_kilden

:D Thanks

(It's raining here too, and it's windy. Perfect for a cup of tea )

C

coby2

My dream movie

He is British and super hot.
Spiderplantman!!!
hqdefault.jpg