Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
It's the beard paradox.

Man needs lovin, man's bad attitude makes no one want to give lovin.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Welcome back wisebeardman.

In other news:

I've survived vacation.

I've also come to the conclusion that you know you've been watching too much horrible histories when you have songs about drinking out of dead enemies skulls stuck in your head.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

In other news:

I've survived vacation.

I've also come to the conclusion that you know you've been watching too much horrible histories when you have songs about drinking out of dead enemies skulls stuck in your head.
You'd better start memorizing some hymns and get that garbage out of your head. The devil is faithful to hum that nonsense in your ear.

animated-no-smiley-emoticon.gif

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I don't have any enemies (at least not that I am aware of) so I guess I'm safe. Where did you go on vacation, the Pirates of the Caribbean Cruise? Also how much is the ticket price?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
I don't have any enemies (at least not that I am aware of) so I guess I'm safe. Where did you go on vacation, the Pirates of the Caribbean Cruise? Also how much is the ticket price?
I don't have any enemies either, and I'm pretty sure such historical practices are frowned upon in the modern era. I went to Hawaii and no I didn't see any pirates ( but did have some close encounters of the sea turtle kind).

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
You'd better start memorizing some hymns and get that garbage out of your head. The devil is faithful to hum that nonsense in your ear.

View attachment 185167
Oh I know plenty of hymns (and all the verses, not just the first verse), but this isn't garbage; it's genuine historical practice of the vikings and certain Incan emperors. And trust me I'm not in the least inclined to imitate either culture.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What were the Vikings and Incas doing in Hawaii?

This is an honest question, not a rhetorical one, as I have no idea where they factor into Hawaii's history.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
The singles forum has gotten so boring, and most of the people who post in it have no sense of humor.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
When people have a lack of humor that is no problem, as they can be ignored. The problem starts when they object to other people's sense of humor.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
What were the Vikings and Incas doing in Hawaii?

This is an honest question, not a rhetorical one, as I have no idea where they factor into Hawaii's history.
Nothing to do with each other, vacation was in Hawaii. Vikings, Incas, and other historic peoples are featured on a show called horrible histories which if you imagine the monty python group getting together and doing an educational history show for kids you'll have a pretty good idea of what that's like.

And the only relation they have is that I recently discovered the show and introduced my friend in Hawaii to it as well.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well at least my initial impression was correct. When you mentioned songs about drinking from the skulls of your dead enemies I thought to myself it sounded like something Monty Python would have done, if Monty Python did history shows...

J

Jennie-Mae

In other news:

I've survived vacation.

I prefer crystal over skulls.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
sometimes, i sing. this was at 8 AM practice before sunday service. have mercy on me. lol.

L

LittleMermaid

What do ya'll think of Dungeons and Dragons? My cousins are so into it...but I'm like "that stuff is creepy!" I know movies like The Little Mermaid have magic...but something about D&D seems more sinister to me. I can't help but feel uneasy about it and how much time they spend playing it.

Aug 2, 2009
What do ya'll think of Dungeons and Dragons? My cousins are so into it...but I'm like "that stuff is creepy!" I know movies like The Little Mermaid have magic...but something about D&D seems more sinister to me. I can't help but feel uneasy about it and how much time they spend playing it.
I used to play d&d when I was in high school. That's when it was really popular. It's just an open-ended fantasy game. A typical game involves a map that someone made up, a person who in charge of the game as referee/storyteller/final authority on what happens during play (this person is called the dungeon master), then there are the players who fill out this character sheet that says what skills, abilities and items or treasure they have and they have to like earn more as they progress....

Then the storyteller (dungeon master) tells them about the map and what their imaginary mission is (rescue someone, find treasure, etc..). And then the players say what they want to do (walk down this road, or go to this town, etc...) and everyone imagines whats happening while the dungeon master describes it... (y'all are walking down the road and see the town up ahead...) Then the DM will say something like "you see a big ugly dude with armor on" and you have to decide if you want to ask him a question, fight him and see what he has on him, or ignore him.... Then after you do your thing the DM will tell you what happens (he fights you or he runs away, etc.).... When there's a fight, you roll the dice and the DM says "if you roll less then 5 on a 10-sided dice, you didn't hurt him at all, and a 10 will kill him" or something like that... and the game goes on and on and on..... lol