Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I still say Mark Hamill looked slightly hung over in that shot.

"General Solo, is your strike team assembled?"
"Barely. They're still pretty drunk."

Immawildthing

Jan 20, 2013
Holy cow it's been a long time. I know, I say that every time I get back on here. Life gets really busy. How are all my old friends doing?

Aug 2, 2009
Holy cow it's been a long time. I know, I say that every time I get back on here. Life gets really busy. How are all my old friends doing?
Wow LTNS. Pretty much all of the old CC gang is gone except me and a couple of the ladies. Seoulsearch pops in about once every 2 months or so. It's pretty dead in here. Even I don't post daily anymore (I know, hard to believe) How are things with you?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
When I fed my dog this morning I started thinking about how much dogs are like humans.

If you give a dog a whole fifty pound bag of dog food he will eat far too much. Then he will worry himself to death guarding the pile so no other dog will get it.

Maybe there's a good reason God has not made me rich. "Give us this day our daily bread." Although I would like the secure feeling of having all my "bread" for the rest of my life piled up now, it would probably be bad for me.
It wouldn't be bad if you like stale bread. You are right about the rich, they somehow will automatically start trusting in their wealth as provider. It's human nature.

blue-smiley-feeling-sad.gif

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
In the last couple decades food manufacturers have become very creative with substitutions. "Meat" is no longer meat, "bread" is a brew of chemicals and even the "blueberries" in a lot of foods are really bits of flavored figs.

But it is comforting to know that sausage is still sausage. No matter where you go, in the cheapest, most disgusting fast food factory around, sausage is still serving the same old purpose of taking disgusting bits of leftovers, grinding them up and putting them into patties so you can eat it without thinking about what it is... just like it has been for centuries.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Well, I'm committed to hike a volcano come August. Going to have to hike lots of hills between now and then to prepare. But hiking a volcano and roasting marshmallows in the fumaroles, that's the kind of stuff you don't pass up, even if you temporarily regret it for a week afterwards.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Now I'm wondering how carcinogenic volcano-roasted marshmallows are.

I'm betting I can't google up a definitive answer.

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Now I'm wondering how carcinogenic volcano-roasted marshmallows are.

I'm betting I can't google up a definitive answer.
Well not just 1, I bet you can get half a dozen that claim to be definitive. but I doubt there's enough hard data to provide conclusive proof.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
The thunder and lightning are incredible tonight! The thunder is louder that I can ever remember. It also rolls on forever.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I miss the time I used to spend being creative. There was a type of miraculous transformation that took place as I assembled various elements to make a panel, and being occupied in the process of designing something beautiful sure beats what goes on in the BDF, and some of the other forums and threads here.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Going to bed too early = waking up much earlier than I’d like.

It’s one of those times when I can’t get my mind to shut off.