Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

JAPOV

I'm complaining about gas prices, eating pasta salad, and cussing at my TV every time I see Bernie O'Biden's face, but I still feel guilty when I think about the Ukrainians....

The world is too small for tyrants.

J

JAPOV

With the endorsement of these two people, Biden and Harris, who together can't even form a coherent sentence, we now have a blatantly racist Supreme Court Appointee who cannot define what a human female is. Politics is proof that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and religion is the catalyst that keeps the fires burning.

Do you think my ranting is out of place? Not only is this very site packed with every flavor of Christianity under the sun, all in the name of peaceful congregation of course... it's also inundated with liberal progressive activists who make it their political purpose in life to perpetuate online argument. Oh, and yes... most of them pass as Christian. Is your peaceful little corner of cyber-waste shrinking yet?

Everywhere I go I find all the same sort of people, arguing about all the same things, for all the same reasons... Call me paranoid if you want.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
?

I just wondered why you were complaining about first world problems.
Why not just pray for peace and feed the hungry like other christians instead of ranting. I dont really pay much attention to the rants

There are plenty of other things God has me focus on, politics is not one of them. If you are getting refugees, then help them.

J

JAPOV

?

I just wondered why you were complaining about first world problems.
Why not just pray for peace and feed the hungry like other christians instead of ranting. I dont really pay much attention to the rants

There are plenty of other things God has me focus on, politics is not one of them. If you are getting refugees, then help them.
Rest assured Lanolin, politics is focused on you...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
With the endorsement of these two people, Biden and Harris, who together can't even form a coherent sentence, we now have a blatantly racist Supreme Court Appointee who cannot define what a human female is. Politics is proof that the road to hell is paved with good intentions, and religion is the catalyst that keeps the fires burning.

Do you think my ranting is out of place? Not only is this very site packed with every flavor of Christianity under the sun, all in the name of peaceful congregation of course... it's also inundated with liberal progressive activists who make it their political purpose in life to perpetuate online argument. Oh, and yes... most of them pass as Christian. Is your peaceful little corner of cyber-waste shrinking yet?

Everywhere I go I find all the same sort of people, arguing about all the same things, for all the same reasons... Call me paranoid if you want.
Yet you are still here. If this forum is so terrible, why do you remain? Just to have an audience for your complaining? Or is it to get more material to complain about? :rolleyes:

Mind you, I'm not saying you should leave. You're not bothering me. But if you hate it that much here, I don't understand why you stay.

J

JAPOV

Yet you are still here. If this forum is so terrible, why do you remain? Just to have an audience for your complaining? Or is it to get more material to complain about? :rolleyes:

Mind you, I'm not saying you should leave. You're not bothering me. But if you hate it that much here, I don't understand why you stay.
I don't understand how most Christians agree that the world is in a sad state, and yet remain so apathetic...
HOW DO YOU THINK THE WORLD GOT THIS WAY?!?
""CHRISTIANS"" should be marching in the streets!
However, most ministers and preachers are still going on about "prosperity in Christ" and the responsibility of believers to tithe...
"The love of money is the root of all evil..." and things are only going to get worse.

J

JAPOV

1Oh sing to the Lord a new song,
for he has done marvelous things!
His right hand and his holy arm
have worked salvation for him.
2The Lord has made known his salvation;
he has revealed his righteousness in the sight of the nations.
3He has remembered his steadfast love and faithfulness
to the house of Israel.
All the ends of the earth have seen
the salvation of our God.
4Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth;
break forth into joyous song and sing praises!
5Sing praises to the Lord with the lyre,
with the lyre and the sound of melody!
6With trumpets and the sound of the horn
make a joyful noise before the King, the Lord!
7Let the sea roar, and all that fills it;
the world and those who dwell in it!
8Let the rivers clap their hands;
let the hills sing for joy together
9before the Lord, for he comes
to judge the earth.
He will judge the world with righteousness,
and the peoples with equity.

Lol... Sounds like Rock-n-Roll to me! :cool:

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
I don't understand how most Christians agree that the world is in a sad state, and yet remain so apathetic...
HOW DO YOU THINK THE WORLD GOT THIS WAY?!?
""CHRISTIANS"" should be marching in the streets!
However, most ministers and preachers are still going on about "prosperity in Christ" and the responsibility of believers to tithe...
"The love of money is the root of all evil..." and things are only going to get worse.
I mean...Tithing is pretty important if you like having lights at the ole church house...air conditioning too..... where do you think the money to keep the house of God running comes from lol ?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Yet you are still here. If this forum is so terrible, why do you remain? Just to have
an audience for your complaining? Or is it to get more material to complain about? :rolleyes:

Mind you, I'm not saying you should leave. You're not bothering me.
But if you hate it that much here, I don't understand why you stay.
Japov said it was the same everywhere... so where is there to go? :unsure:

J

JAPOV

I mean...Tithing is pretty important if you like having lights at the ole church house...air conditioning too..... where do you think the money to keep the house of God running comes from lol ?
Last time I attended service, preacher passed the plate around three times... like it was funny...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Japov said it was the same everywhere... so where is there to go? :unsure:
Read a book? Go for a bike ride? There's plenty to do besides hang out in a forum you despise.

Besides, hanging out in a forum you despise gotta be hard on the ole blood pressure.

J

JAPOV

Read a book? Go for a bike ride? There's plenty to do besides hang out in a forum you despise.

Besides, hanging out in a forum you despise gotta be hard on the ole blood pressure.
You really shouldn't put words in my mouth...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
?

whatever

I watched this national geographic doc on Megafood
It was filmed in 2012 so pre-pandemic. It was about the worlds biggest commerical kitchens and how they feed so many (well-heeled) people. One was catering for a fashion week in Italy and the other was on board a giant cruise ship departing from Florida for a week.

It made me think about how Jesus multiplied the loaves and fishes. Churches do a similar thing when we have a free community meal every week and there is always enough to go round. the day I helped it was always chili con carne. We didnt do dessert, though people could have tea and a biscuit after.

I thought if people have the organisational skills and resources to do that then surely nobody would go hungry. it was only last year that public schools got free lunch for everyone. Before that I would go and get pizzas once a week, and they were able to make up to 30 kids pizzas for my children without fail.

the staff prepping and serving always go to taste the food so they didnt go hungry either. I think everyone should have at least one proper meal a day, youd be surprised at how some only survive on snacks.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
solar power and air cooling towers are two ways you can keep operating costs down in a building but the infrastructure needs to be there from the start, I am suprised that churches are not investing in green renewable energy so that they wont have to ask their congregations to keep paying for their upkeep.

some buildings you can put skylights in so you dont have to keep turning the lights on during the day if theres no windows...but all churche buildings need to have some windows at least for lighting and ventilation

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
How do I delete this account?
Usually people who want to leave just... leave.

If you want to officially delete your account, most people send a message to RoboOp or a moderator to get it done.

I wish you wouldn't leave though. This can be a nice place when you're not yelling at everybody.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021

I'm glad youre here JA. Jesus said give unto Caeser that which is Caeser's. In the US, a representative democracy, our civic duty is government participation.

Why do you say Judge Jackson is "blatantly racist" specifically? Tell me if you agree, but that accusation ought not be thrown around without very specific proof, and then even then, maybe not.

What do you mean by "religion is the catalyst that keeps the fires burning"?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
lots of people have opinions, but they are just opining. Doesnt mean they are true

sometimes you need to correct them like I cant let someone go round claiming lord of the Rings is an american movie when its not. Anyone can google search that one. (actually it is a joint venture between nz and the US but was entirely filmed in nz using american actors, as well as british and thouands of extras and special fx done in nz) but Middle Earth is not meant to be in any country or representing america. And the director is not american.

lol. Maybe that one deserves the oscar slap.