Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Surely you did not take my ridiculous response seriously? It sounded outrageous because it was meant to :D So yes, I was messing with you, and no, there is nothing that is deep-seatedly psychological here other than my need to use my gift of messing ;)
Not too seriously - but, I wondered just how lighthearted you intended it to be.

I myself am one to pick-and-tease - and, I always try to keep it on the light side...

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well if you insist on getting Hanover brand, you gotta expect that. :p That's worse than Great Value brand.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Not too seriously - but, I wondered just how lighthearted you intended it to be.

I myself am one to pick-and-tease - and, I always try to keep it on the light side...
*sigh*... I won't make that mistake again. Ugh.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Are you sure that you are not asking me this because you really just can't stand to imagine that I might actually be right about something? :p

Show me [at least] one example in the English language where 'sc' is a "double-s" sound... :rolleyes:

(I have never even heard of what you are suggesting. I think you are saying it simply to "mess with me" about/over it. Would you have asked anyone else the same question? Is there a deep-seated psychological thing going on here...?)

I started to post that "the 's' was dominant so the 'c' is silent" - but, then shortened it for simplicity.

No one would answer the girl.

So, I did.
Well, Gogerry is partly right. Neither the S or C is silent, together they are just the S sound. Gojerry is always partly right.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Well, Gogerry is partly right. Neither the S or C is silent, together they are just the S sound. Gojerry is always partly right.
So are you, especially with the spelling of screen IDs.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
Fear is an interesting thing- sometimes it’s all consuming or debilitating, other times it’s non-existent.

I find it can be so random too.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
So are you, especially with the spelling of screen IDs.
Some of the humans call them profile or screen names. But only kaiju's call them IDs.

I wonder what the next Godzilla movie will be about?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Musing from the kitchen:

If nobody had discovered okra was edible before now, WE sure wouldn't have discovered it. You gotta be downright desperate to say, "Hey I wonder if I can eat this prickly, fuzzy, slimy thing and actually keep it down."

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Since we can't leave Grandma alone for a minute, the only thing for me to do these days is play video games and listen to stand-up comedy on youtube.

It seems like these days almost every comic is contractually obligated to put in one joke about homosexuality being trendy and anti-homosexuality being old fashioned. I can't figure out if the comic is trying to get the crowd on his side or trying to prove to the crowd that he is on their side, or maybe both, but it's becoming so prevalent that I can't listen to stand-up comedy any more.

I also begin having serious doubts about the intelligence of the average comedy crowd. This homosexual line is becoming as predictable as a standard Hallmark romance-comedy plot. Do they not notice how scripted it is?

Oh well. I still have video games at least.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
Since we can't leave Grandma alone for a minute, the only thing for me to do these days is play video games and listen to stand-up comedy on youtube.

It seems like these days almost every comic is contractually obligated to put in one joke about homosexuality being trendy and anti-homosexuality being old fashioned. I can't figure out if the comic is trying to get the crowd on his side or trying to prove to the crowd that he is on their side, or maybe both, but it's becoming so prevalent that I can't listen to stand-up comedy any more.

I also begin having serious doubts about the intelligence of the average comedy crowd. This homosexual line is becoming as predictable as a standard Hallmark romance-comedy plot. Do they not notice how scripted it is?

I applaud you for sticking to good principles and not supporting those that do that...

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
This is THE longest thread I've seen so far!

Here's a "Stream of Consciousness" that I've had since I was a kid. This is early Spring when the waters high. I used to swim this before the hunting club closed it with gates on both sides. I'd go when it was warmer and the water was lower. The first view of the falls starts at 1:30 and repeats from different sides with other kayakers. Some folks got baptized at the top of those falls . 😄

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021

What's the "homosexual line"?

I'm sure I haven't listened to as much standup on youtube as yourself, but I have listened to quite a bit. I'm probably listening more to older classics and you the new stuff. .. cause I haven't noticed the progay material. Have one example?

My favs are emo phillips and steven wright. I've pretty much heard everything from wright, but there's still a treasure trove of phillips I've yet to hear. Who's your favs?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What's the "homosexual line"?

I'm sure I haven't listened to as much standup on youtube as yourself, but I have listened to quite a bit. I'm probably
listening more to older classics and you the new stuff. .. cause I haven't noticed the progay material. Have one example?

My favs are emo phillips and steven wright. I've pretty much heard everything from
wright, but there's still a treasure trove of phillips I've yet to hear. Who's your favs?
I like this guy :D

After listening to the first minute or so, check out what he has to say about skinny jeans @ 8:32 - 9:20 :giggle:

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
wasnt there a movie called 'Robin Hood, men in tights'?

also there is a book club for serious readers of comics/manga called 'No Flying, no tights'

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I learned something new yesterday...

A manager at w*rk asked a young cashier, "You doing okay? You good?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?"

"Usually when girls dye their hair bright colors, it means they going through some stuff. Just checking."

Can anyone confirm or deny bright hair dye as an indicator?

jennymae

Feb 28, 2020
I don’t know, but whenever I’ve been going through bad stuff I would rather want to dye my hair darker.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?"

"Usually when girls dye their hair bright colors, it means they going through some stuff. Just checking."

It doesn't necessarily mean anything.
Sometimes major changes especially those out of character are signs of stress. If she was a conservatively dressed christian gal, I'd wonder.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?"

Oh yes, social scientists have been studying this for many years with large sample sizes. Here's the chart:

Hair Color = Problem

Pink = gurlfriend fight
Orange = orange squirted in eye
Blue = pet died
Red = girlfriend fight
Silver = active shooter