Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I been thinking lately about that woman who touched the hem of Jesus' clothes.

Every time I hear a sermon about that, much is made of her desperation and how she pushed through the crowd to get to Jesus.

One thing I've never heard mentioned is, all the people she pushed past. Reckon how many of them thought that was a bit rude?

I was on the freeway one day, doing about the speed limit, and a very large RV suddenly jammed its way into my lane doing quite a bit less speed. I honestly thought I was gonna hit that dude, but somehow I dropped enough velocity in time. Well that was rude! Then the RV pulled on over to the shoulder and coasted to a stop. Well that explained it - when your motor dies it really limits your options. Good thing he got it over to the shoulder.

Reckon how many people we think are rude, when they are really just desperate?

cinder

Mar 26, 2014
Now I'm wondering how many people would say dropped velocity in everyday conversation. Wait that wasn't your point?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Now I'm wondering how many people would say dropped velocity in everyday conversation. Wait that wasn't your point?
Yeah, well... I was gonna say "shed sufficient momentum" but I didn't want to get TOO esoteric.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I been thinking lately about that woman who touched the hem of Jesus' clothes.

Every time I hear a sermon about that, much is made of her desperation and how she pushed through the crowd to get to Jesus.

One thing I've never heard mentioned is, all the people she pushed past. Reckon how many of them thought that was a bit rude?

I was on the freeway one day, doing about the speed limit, and a very large RV suddenly jammed its way into my lane doing quite a bit less speed. I honestly thought I was gonna hit that dude, but somehow I dropped enough velocity in time. Well that was rude! Then the RV pulled on over to the shoulder and coasted to a stop. Well that explained it - when your motor dies it really limits your options. Good thing he got it over to the shoulder.

Reckon how many people we think are rude, when they are really just desperate?
Similar kinda sorta maybe story here...

Two months ago I was staying at my daughter's place for a week to care for their three cats while she and her aunt were holidaying with their two dogs. I had Luna with me too, of course, so it was challenging at times keeping them all separated, content, and happy, and feeding time was a balancing act fraught with meowing chaos. While I was there I was having some "medical" issues related to everything that has been going on with me the last three years... I say three years even though my diagnosis was 2.5 years ago (because symptoms preceded diagnosis). Any who, I had not taken a lot with me to my daughter's place, especially food, so I went shopping twice in that week, once just for food, and once for more food plus other supplies as well, so I had to make two stops the second trip out. While attempting to park the second time by backing into a parking stall, as I twisted around to look behind me I was suddenly stricken with a stich in my side that absolutely froze me. Yeah, wracking stitches had become a fairly frequent occurrence of late. So there I was in the middle of the driving lane looking for all intents and purposes like I was just blocking traffic and not moving in any direction for no apparent good reason at all! The reality was I had to wait for the pain to subside before I could move and drive again, but no onlooker would have any knowledge of that fact. It was a good reminder for me that similar things could be happening for others when I wonder what the heck they are up to :giggle:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
In local news I think I might be slightly evil...

There is an Arby's opening soon, right across the street from my job. I suggested to my boss that we might talk loudly about how new the building is at Arby's... How new the air conditioning system is there... How much they are advertising for starting wage... And we should talk a lot about this in front of the least desirable employees we have.

We would lose a few people we want to lose - but even better, they would go to the competition and hamper them! :cool:

I said it as a joke, and she didn't take it seriously, but she did laugh... And it WOULD be effective. :devilish:

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
In local news I think I might be slightly evil...

There is an Arby's opening soon, right across the street from my job. I suggested to my boss that we might talk loudly about how new the building is at Arby's... How new the air conditioning system is there... How much they are advertising for starting wage... And we should talk a lot about this in front of the least desirable employees we have.

We would lose a few people we want to lose - but even better, they would go to the competition and hamper them! :cool:

I said it as a joke, and she didn't take it seriously, but she did laugh... And it WOULD be effective. :devilish:
Send them over there to buy lunch. They'll hit em up to work there for you.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Send them over there to buy lunch. They'll hit em up to work there for you.
We don't make enough to buy lunch over there. They cater to a crowd at a different price point.

And that's not even really a joke. I asked the district manager if their opening was likely to affect our business. She said it happened at another town and we didn't even notice. The current favorite theory is that they sell to a crowd that is willing to pay more. We cater to the cheapskate crowd, and they won't go there.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Why has nobody posted a "Christmas is PAGAN!!!" thread yet? We usually get on that back in September.

Have we as a culture just got tired of arguing about it? (I hope, I hope, I really really hope... FINALLY!)

notmyown

May 26, 2016
Why has nobody posted a "Christmas is PAGAN!!!" thread yet? We usually get on that back in September.

Have we as a culture just got tired of arguing about it? (I hope, I hope, I really really hope... FINALLY!)
don't lose hope? :unsure:

at least one such thread exists in the BDF :cautious:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
don't lose hope? :unsure:

at least one such thread exists in the BDF :cautious:
That doesn't count. That's the environment in which such threads grow best.

We used to have multiple Christmas is pagan threads here in the singles forum every year. Don't even get me started about how many we had in miscellaneous every year.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
That doesn't count. That's the environment in which such threads grow best.

We used to have multiple Christmas is pagan threads here in the singles forum every year. Don't even get me started about how many we had in miscellaneous every year.
wow, i first joined in 2012 and i must have blocked that out.

or it's a blessing of old age and forgetfulness. huzzah it's not happening now. :)

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Well...that gives me an idea for a new thread with an old idea....🤔🤣

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
Thought that went through my head a few moments ago...

Amused about trying to figure out who this guy was that was in my wedding party. I rewound the video a number of times trying to figure it out.

Finally realized that it was my brother. Haha!

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020

The connection between Christmas on Dec 25th and the Roman festival Saturnalia has been debated ad infinitum.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I dont know anybody who still celeberates Saturnalia. Did they all move to Saturn?

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Random post in the middle of the playoffs but I've been seeing comments that shouldn't get to me but still do about "Nets have no fans, "it's a Knicks town" "you're irrelevant" and crap like that. It still annoys me that this narrative still exists and just hope, just one day, some way, we can be relevant to finally get the respect as a franchise and fanbase. Nets fans do exist despite what other fans especially elitists NY fans think in the contrary.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Random post in the middle of the playoffs but I've been seeing comments that shouldn't get to me but still do about "Nets have no fans, "it's a Knicks town" "you're irrelevant" and crap like that. It still annoys me that this narrative still exists and just hope, just one day, some way, we can be relevant to finally get the respect as a franchise and fanbase. Nets fans do exist despite what other fans especially elitists NY fans think in the contrary.
Somebody went out of his way to inform you that you are irrelevant?

That seems illogical. If you were truly irrelevant why would he have bothered?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
oh dear
I try not to get involved in sports rivalries it kind of washes over my brain when dad gets all angry at the tv and whoever is playing on it. It tends to be cricket and some test matches can go on all day and into the night.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Remember that the Nets were at once the NJ Nets. It may take some time for them to be perceived as a bonafide NY team.