Street preaching

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 23, 2022
What are your thoughts on street preaching and street preachers? Do you agree with street evangelism, why or why not. Tell me your thoughts on this.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Whatever He leads one to do must be done.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Bit hard to hear them amidst heavy traffic

I think more effective would be simple road signs or directions

eg warning 'Road to Hell'
Church, take the first exit on the left
River - repent and be baptised

at intersections there could be reminders of the Cross...I did see one man who walked carrying a wooden cross all over the world, His name was Arthur Blessit. WHen people saw him and asked what he was doing, he told them about Jesus

Mar 4, 2020
What are your thoughts on street preaching and street preachers? Do you agree with street evangelism, why or why not. Tell me your thoughts on this.
You'll probably tap into a missed audience via street preaching as the gospel seems to have been pushed into the corners of society and the Internet at this point. Talking to people and getting personal with them is more effective.

Often what I see is missing from street preaching is love. It's better to actually take your time with each person, show love, get to know them than just shout verses and sermon material into the air like some people seem to do.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
There are some very Godly Street Preachers, and there are some that are, well.........

I believe that if God laid this mission upon the heart of someone, and they have the courage and love to fulfill their calling...........

GOD BLESS 'EM!

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Ray Comfort seems to reach lots of people with his street preaching. Love watching his youtube channel and the love he shows to people.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
For some people the only time they will hear the Gospel or hear anything about God and his will will be as they pass a street preacher one day as they are walking down the street going about their business..

If a street preacher preaches to thousands and winds up being the initial critical person for one person who comes to The LORD Jesus and is saved then that street preachers efforts have been well worth it..

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
wasnt it David Wilkerson who went to Times Square in NYC and preached on the street in his socks

In big cities everyone is out and about in the street, though some places are more pedestrian friendly than others.

I always thought bus stop ministries might be effective, especially if they include a little free library of books. You can place free Bibles there.

I recall one minisitry did start at an airport, and it became a huge thing (google Toronto blessing) since so many come and go and wait at airports, but inevitably they were competing with the very loud Hare Krishnas.

People who come up to you at the mall can be annoying. Although I know of a church group that meets in the coffee shop in the mall though they never do any preaching.

I always thought street murals or 'grafitti' would be effective in pointing the way. But I dont really know of anyone who does this 'writing on the wall' except for one guy in Napier who wrote Jesus Saves in huge letters on the side of his barn.

Jan 26, 2022
In 1975 I was saved on the streets of downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada by two young girls in their twenties that asked me if wanted to receive the Holy Spirit and I said yes. I was with a group for about 3 days preaching on the streets of Vancouver - telling people about the return of Jesus and handing out tracts. On the third day they asked if I wanted to receive the Holy Spirit. Of course I did and with their guidance I asked the Holy Spirit to come into my heart. It was a wonderful time of revelation and beauty but, I had to quit however when they asked me to join. They where the Children of God and I could not agree with them telling me that their leader was a true prophet of God.
I think street preaching is a beautiful thing if with the right message and power. It should be based on the soon return of Jesus, their salvation, the true path of God, hope for the world, and the love for humankind and our God Creator. The message of Jesus is salvation, love, joy, and the end of evil.

Mission21

Pathfinder
Mar 12, 2019
In 1975 I was saved on the streets of downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada by two young girls in their twenties that asked me if wanted to receive the Holy Spirit and I said yes. I was with a group for about 3 days preaching on the streets of Vancouver - telling people about the return of Jesus and handing out tracts. On the third day they asked if I wanted to receive the Holy Spirit. Of course I did and with their guidance I asked the Holy Spirit to come into my heart. It was a wonderful time of revelation and beauty but, I had to quit however when they asked me to join. They where the Children of God and I could not agree with them telling me that their leader was a true prophet of God.
I think street preaching is a beautiful thing if with the right message and power. It should be based on the soon return of Jesus, their salvation, the true path of God, hope for the world, and the love for humankind and our God Creator. The message of Jesus is salvation, love, joy, and the end of evil.
Good post.
- There were many street ministries/outreach..in US.
- During 1970's.
- I remember those days..

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Among those who accepted His knock on the door of our hearts are many who today are walking in His power and authority.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
This teacher speaks of ministry in a public place