Strict

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Jesus was crucified, and flogged 39 times but he was an adult at the time.
King Herod wanted to kill him, just for being the Messiah, but couldnt find him as hed run away to Egypt.Everyone under two in Bethlehem was slaughtered instead.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
So I take what I've read so far to mean you want to have a discussion about physical discipline?

If so, care to be clear? It would be helpful to further the discussion.

I had such discipline employed against me but for the most part, if I didn't perceive I had done anything wrong it was ineffective. A lot of my conscience came from the Lord and he occasionally used my parents to effect discipline from my perspective.

Most often I was placed on "restrictions" which for me would be no reading (and chores) but I was allowed to read the bible. Everyone else in my family was allowed to read when on restriction but for me that was pleasure. Each child is unique and physical punishment via a pain deterrent is only so effective depending on the person.

There were only a very small handful of times where my parents employed physical discipline. The threat was real and it was an active deterrent, but only up to a certain point (about 9)...past that it was mostly dishonoring the Lord and by proxy "honor your mother and father". Occasionally he stepped in like I said through them but obviously I cannot state each and every circumstance objectively as I was the subject.

There was only one instance where I specifically disagreed because I didn't know what I did (other than I was doing something) so I suppose the punishment was valid, but still to this day (and I discussed this with my mother a few times, she remembers me not getting it but not specifically why they felt it necessary) I don't know the "why" behind that though I have a few educated guesses.

Sep 13, 2018
Jesus was crucified, and flogged 39 times but he was an adult at the time.
King Herod wanted to kill him, just for being the Messiah, but couldnt find him as hed run away to Egypt.Everyone under two in Bethlehem was slaughtered instead.
Jesus was flogged 39 times Before His beating began. And from experience I know that my body could take a beating better when I was young. And who ran away? Jesus murder was the Jew's doing. Anyone that reads the bible know's this...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Jesus was flogged 39 times Before His beating began. And from experience I know that my body could take a beating better when I was young. And who ran away? Jesus murder was the Jew's doing. Anyone that reads the bible know's this...
Jesus and his parents fled to egypt.

I think it was because they didnt want him killed...what do ya think?

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Any strict parents who want to chat?
Spare the rod, spoil the child. I dont think it just means literally, but can mean as a figure of speech. In other words show tough love and do not be anxious to discipline the child.