strongs 2784 and 2783

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Donnac

Nov 22, 2021
Can anyone tell me the differance between these two words. I don't see it.

studentoftheword

Nov 12, 2021
So what I see is-----
one speaks of an accredited person sent by God ----the other speaks of the actual proclamation of the Gospel in public ------

2783 kérux--- God's ambassador, and the herald or proclaimer of the divine word:

2784 ---kérussó
specifically used of the public proclamation of the gospel and matters pertaining to it, made by John the Baptist, by Jesus, by the apostles and other Christian teachers:

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
G2784
κηρύσσω
kērussō
kay-roos'-so
Of uncertain affinity; to herald (as a public crier), especially divine truth (the gospel): - preach (-er), proclaim, publish.
Total KJV occurrences: 61

G2784
κηρύσσω
kērussō
Thayer Definition:
1) to be a herald, to officiate as a herald
1a) to proclaim after the manner of a herald
1b) always with the suggestion of formality, gravity and an authority which must be listened to and obeyed
2) to publish, proclaim openly: something which has been done
3) used of the public proclamation of the gospel and matters pertaining to it, made by John the Baptist, by Jesus, by the apostles and other Christian teachers
Part of Speech: verb
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: of uncertain affinity
Citing in TDNT: 3:697, 430

G2783
κήρυξ
kērux
kay'-roox
From G2784; a herald, that is, of divine truth (especially of the gospel): - preacher.
Total KJV occurrences: 3

G2783
κήρυξ
kērux
Thayer Definition:
1) a herald or messenger vested with public authority, who conveyed the official messages of kings, magistrates, princes, military commanders, or who gave a public summons or demand, and performed various other duties. In the NT God’s ambassador, and the herald or proclaimer of the divine word.
Part of Speech: noun masculine
A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G2784
Citing in TDNT: 3:683, 430

G2784 is root word of G2783. They are closely related and have essentially meaning. Both have been translated as "preacher". All languages have wordss that have meaning like teacher and educator, bus driver and bus operator etc.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Thank you so much. I agree
???

In the OP you stated:

Now you agree with what was said? So you did see the difference?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
the other speaks of the actual proclamation of the Gospel in public ------
Which should remind Christians that the only thing God requires when handling the Gospel is its proclamation. Just like heralds in the old days. They simply made a proclamation. It was not their job to argue about the merits of what was proclaimed.

And what needs to be proclaimed as an integral part of the Gospel is this: "God now COMMANDS all med everywhere to repent" (Acts 17:30). If just this one proclamation was placed on billboards in every country it would be equivalent to what Jonah was sent to do in Nineveh.

Donnac

Nov 22, 2021
???

In the OP you stated:

Now you agree with what was said? So you did see the difference?

Donnac

Nov 22, 2021
Yes that is what I was saying now I see it. I agree. I also see that one is a verb and one is a noun. I did see one was a divine truth of the gospel. Hope this was not confusing to you.