Struggling with faith?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ww_21
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
W

ww_21

Guest
Has anyone ever been to a point where they are unsure as to whether or not they can keep the faith in God? How did you over come it? I could use some advice with this right now.
 
Hey there. I cannot say that I have been to the point that I was unsure about my faith. I am still such a new Christian, I think I am still in the honeymoon phase. I wish I had some words of wisdom to help you.

I am praying for you, praying that the person with the advice you need will cross your path very soon and praying for peace of mind and continued faith for you.

God Bless
 
Hi

I have been there in the past. I gave all my doubt thoughts to God and asked him to undo them. i learned to doubt the doubt. Just keep turning to God through all the thoughts and and ask him to bless the faith in him you already have.

Blessings
 
Are you feeling disappointed because you don´t see those things you were expecting coming to you?

If so, you didn´t believe in GOD, but in ANYTHING that could give you whatever thing you desired or dreamend about.

I have been there, if that is where you feel you are, but time will tell you to make your adjustments... I remember having torn several Bibles and, of course, that won´t destroy it truth, its history, neither those who believe in it as a true source of spiritual light.

If those hands are yours, I believe they will be filled with things, but just to give the needy and to fill what you think you have missed.

May GOD talk to you, soon.
 
Is it faith in God, or whether He cares? God is God. He doesn't change but we do. I think God is quiet at times to reveal our true heart to us. Remember what Jesus asked Peter, "Do you love me?” If we do love Him, we will trust Him. While everything in life is working to our advantage sure it's easy to have faith and love Him. I find when God is silent and doesn't seem to be listening, it's most likely I am the one who needs to be listening. Also these are the times I fast and seek Him more diligently. We are to follow Him. If we can't see Him maybe we've ran ahead or took a wrong turn. Seek and you you shall find.
 
When you say struggling with faith, do you mean struggling to come to terms with whether or not God loves you or you are saved, or whether or not He exists? If it is about existence, I can tell you a brief story about how I know God exists. I began playing with the ouija board (I was a "rational" atheist; no part of me believed in a deity and to believe in such was to be weak minded, in my eyes. A friend offered to play and I mockingly decided to give the thing a try...it's just a piece of paper and a shot glass, right? Then we bought a store board..just card board and plastic, right?). Not only did I, to my shock and awe (my worldview and understanding of science and reality came crashing down), make contact wit entities, physical objects were moved and I woke up one night to a black demonic figure over my frozen body and was having mental and internal attacks. None of it stopped until I slowly figured out about faith and the power of Jesus Christ. For a time, I still couldn't come to terms with the reality that the Gospel is truth, and chalked up the entities as being inter-dimensional extraterrestrials of sorts messing with lower level dimensional humans, not demons deceiving my friends and I pretending to be the deceased. After I repented of my nature and sins and accepted Jesus Christ, things calmed down and when the entity was over me, I thought in my head, "I rebuke you Satan in Jesus Christ name, Amen." It left and months later I felt a feeling of utter and indescribable peace and love invading my body; a peaceful euphoria and almost a high and this was my being baptized by fire, I am convinced. I've felt blowing on my body at times, especially in prayer or worship, and I now know the presence of God is real, and the world denies the power thereof, even thought it believes in God, without really knowing what that means. The Gospel is real. Now, it doesn't mean my life has now been a cake walk since finding faith as there are still severe emotional disturbances and pain, but there's hope now and we all have trials and tribulation. Don't give up on faith or fall for the wisdom of the world, which is lost and deceived (still to my shock some days). If you're doubting the reality of faith, I hope this gives you hope and something to hold on to.Thank you for reading and best of luck to you on your journey!
 
ww-21 you are not alone in your struggle to keep faith in God. Keeping the faith requires a love of truth and a commitment to the Word of God. First Timothy 4:1 says that, in the latter days, (we're in those day's today) those who abandon the faith “follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons.” To accept “another gospel” (Galatians 1:6–7) is to fall into error. Paul exhorted Timothy to “fight the battle well, holding on to faith and a good conscience”; those who ignore this command “have suffered shipwreck with regard to the faith” (1 Timothy 1:18–19). We must “test the spirits to see whether they are from God” (1 John 4:1). The Spirit of truth will never lead us into untruth (John 16:13).

Keeping the faith also involves growth in Christ. Jesus is the author of our faith (the one who initiated the relationship), and He is the perfecter of our faith (the one who will see it through to the end). From beginning to end, Jesus is the source of our faith. We remember what He has done, and we look forward to what He will do. Practically, this involves having an active prayer life, studying God’s Word, and digging in to His truth.

Keeping the faith is also about community. The Christian life is not lived exclusively between God and the individual; it is lived in community with other Christians. Hebrews 10:23–25 says, “Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”

Fellow believers can encourage us to keep the faith. They can exhort us when we are going astray. They can join in our gladness and in our sorrow (Romans 12:15). We will face trials and temptations in life (John 16:33; James 1:2–4). Our faith will be challenged. But it is not only in the difficult times that we dig in our heels and fight for our faith. No, we contend for our faith always. What we do today prepares us for what is in store tomorrow. God is always at work in our lives. Our faith should be ever-growing.

Second Peter 1:3–11 says, “His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. . . . For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. . . . My brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” We keep the faith by remembering God’s
faithfulness and continuing to grow in relationship with Him.
 
we all have emotions. we all question things at times. but when we have doubts remember that his ways are higher than our ways and his thoughts are higher than our thoughts. something I do personally is remind myself that if we could understand everything about God than he would not be God.
 
Your life is not my business (mine either WW21) but I´m concerned you may have planned to be involved (or married) with a non-believer, not commited.

There´s not way any would discourage you from those bonds. No one would change him, or you (excepet GOD) but I have wasted my time in falling in love with unbelievers, that lately I made my decision on "not falling" that way again...

Last year I spent some time with an ex I thought more than I loved my life. She is married now and I knew how wrong I was, how different we are, and how wrong I perceived the way she is (all are my faults).

By 2012 I did my best to harmonize with someone whose beliefs are not mine. I believed my "religion" could be harmonized with someone I liked that way, but I was hurt and, apparently, she was hurt too (and badly disapointed).

No matter how old -or young- a person could be to think "GOD is not GOD" or " God is not worthy of my trust" because He is not giving me what I like or have largely desired.

It is US who fall! God is THERE, open armed, while we seek where selfishness is rampant.

Excuse me for my saying or writing here. I wish HE speak to your heart (there´s not a way to push HIM to do so).