~Subtle Warnings~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
None of the texts justify the english word we use 'ego'. So it seems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??
Nestle Greek New Testament 1904 - Transliterated
Leitourgountōn de autōn tō Kyriō kai nēsteuontōn eipen to Pneuma to Hagion Aphorisate dē moi ton Barnaban kai Saulon eis to ergon ho proskeklēmai autous;

Leitourgounton de auton to Kyrio kai nesteuonton eipen to Pneuma to Hagion Aphorisate de moi ton Barnaban kai Saulon eis to ergon ho proskeklemai autous;

Westcott and Hort 1881 - Transliterated
Leitourgountōn de autōn tō kyriō kai nēsteuontōn eipen to pneuma to hagion Aphorisate dē moi ton Barnaban kai Saulon eis to ergon ho proskeklēmai autous.

Leitourgounton de auton to kyrio kai nesteuonton eipen to pneuma to hagion Aphorisate de moi ton Barnaban kai Saulon eis to ergon ho proskeklemai autous.

ΠΡΑΞΕΙΣ 13:2 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed. - Transliterated
leitourgountōn de autōn tō kuriō kai nēsteuontōn eipen to pneuma to agion aphorisate dē moi ton barnaban kai saulon eis to ergon o proskeklēmai autous

leitourgountOn de autOn tO kuriO kai nEsteuontOn eipen to pneuma to agion aphorisate dE moi ton barnaban kai saulon eis to ergon o proskeklEmai autous

ΠΡΑΞΕΙΣ 13:2 Byzantine/Majority Text (2000) - Transliterated
leitourgountōn de autōn tō kuriō kai nēsteuontōn eipen to pneuma to agion aphorisate dē moi ton barnaban kai ton saulon eis to ergon o proskeklēmai autous

leitourgountOn de autOn tO kuriO kai nEsteuontOn eipen to pneuma to agion aphorisate dE moi ton barnaban kai ton saulon eis to ergon o proskeklEmai autous

ΠΡΑΞΕΙΣ 13:2 Stephens Textus Receptus (1550) - Transliterated
leitourgountōn de autōn tō kuriō kai nēsteuontōn eipen to pneuma to agion aphorisate dē moi ton te barnaban kai ton saulon eis to ergon o proskeklēmai autous

leitourgountOn de autOn tO kuriO kai nEsteuontOn eipen to pneuma to agion aphorisate dE moi ton te barnaban kai ton saulon eis to ergon o proskeklEmai autous

ΠΡΑΞΕΙΣ 13:2 Scrivener's Textus Receptus (1894) - Transliterated
leitourgountōn de autōn tō kuriō kai nēsteuontōn eipen to pneuma to agion aphorisate dē moi ton te barnaban kai ton saulon eis to ergon o proskeklēmai autous

leitourgountOn de autOn tO kuriO kai nEsteuontOn eipen to pneuma to agion aphorisate dE moi ton te barnaban kai ton saulon eis to ergon o proskeklEmai autous

ΠΡΑΞΕΙΣ 13:2 Westcott/Hort - Transliterated
leitourgountōn de autōn tō kuriō kai nēsteuontōn eipen to pneuma to agion aphorisate dē moi ton barnaban kai saulon eis to ergon o proskeklēmai autous

leitourgountOn de autOn tO kuriO kai nEsteuontOn eipen to pneuma to agion aphorisate dE moi ton barnaban kai saulon eis to ergon o proskeklEmai autous

ΠΡΑΞΕΙΣ 13:2 Westcott/Hort, UBS4 variants - Transliterated

"
Strong's Concordance
egó: I (only expressed when emphatic)
Original Word: ἐγώ
Part of Speech: Personal Pronoun
Transliteration: egó
Phonetic Spelling: (eg-o')
Definition: I (only expressed when emphatic)
Usage: I, the first-person pronoun. "

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
The whole point of Acts 13:2 is not the use of the word ego in Greek, Latin, Hebrew or Yiddish. The fact that the Holy Spirit uses the first pronoun I means he has ego. Why is that hard to understand?

P

persistent

"
Strong's Concordance
egó: I (only expressed when emphatic)
Original Word: ἐγώ
Part of Speech: Personal Pronoun
Transliteration: egó
Phonetic Spelling: (eg-o')
Definition: I (only expressed when emphatic)
Usage: I, the first-person pronoun. "
And it is not used in any of the manuscripts of Acts 13:2 as posted, which are downloaded from Bible hub. It is apparently used elsewhere if it has a Strong's reference. Check Bible hub or possibly another site if you think those downloads here were tampered with.

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
And it is not used in any of the manuscripts of Acts 13:2 as posted, which are downloaded from Bible hub. It is apparently used elsewhere if it has a Strong's reference. Check Bible hub or possibly another site if you think those downloads here were tampered with.
Some manuscripts I read at UM in Ann Arbor, MI has the greek word ego.
The editors of Greek manuscrpts use the more complex:

Englishman's Concordance
προσκέκλημαι (proskeklēmai) — 1 Occurrence
Acts 13:2 V-RIM/P-1S
GRK: ἔργον ὃ προσκέκλημαι αὐτούς
NAS: to which I have called them.
KJV: the work whereunto I have called them.
INT: work to which I have called them

The The whole point of Acts 13:2 is not the use of the word ego in Greek, Latin, Hebrew or Yiddish. The fact that the Holy Spirit uses the first pronoun I means he has ego. Why is that hard to understand?

P

persistent

Some manuscripts I read at UM in Ann Arbor, MI has the greek word ego.
The editors of Greek manuscrpts use the more complex:

Englishman's Concordance
προσκέκλημαι (proskeklēmai) — 1 Occurrence
Acts 13:2 V-RIM/P-1S
GRK: ἔργον ὃ προσκέκλημαι αὐτούς
NAS: to which I have called them.
KJV: the work whereunto I have called them.
INT: work to which I have called them

The The whole point of Acts 13:2 is not the use of the word ego in Greek, Latin, Hebrew or Yiddish. The fact that the Holy Spirit uses the first pronoun I means he has ego. Why is that hard to understand?
When I look for ἐγώ in the manuscripts it is not there. That is confusing to me but I only recognize a few words in ancient Greek.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
https://christianchat.com/threads/subtle-warnings.198616/post-4754386

https://christianchat.com/threads/subtle-warnings.198616/post-4758626

https://christianchat.com/threads/subtle-warnings.198616/post-4776483

https://christianchat.com/threads/subtle-warnings.198616/post-4791405

https://christianchat.com/threads/subtle-warnings.198616/post-4792314

("This content is for informational use and is not a substitute for 'Spiritual' advice.
Be sure to do your own careful 'inventory' before taking action based on anything you find in this content."
Intended solely as informative and subjects to reflect on.)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
save - Copy - Copy - Copy (3) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg save - Copy - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
"Ponder this carefully!" ............................................................... "A profound revelation being witnessed."

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
100% true.......on occasion the script is difficult to read.....ok here but needed to adjust by moving my screen
'Hello Clif, life is always in need of adjustments. lol
How are things in the 'Windy'
I am a retired Ironworker out of Peoria
Have a glad day.
:)

P

persistent

Have a glad day.
Windy is doing like the rest of the world, wicked. Do you see car wrecks today? Seem worse & more. Crumple like soda cans.

P

persistent

Have a glad day.
Hi Bob, got any insights on this verse? Hebrews 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Windy is doing like the rest of the world, wicked. Do you see car wrecks today? Seem worse & more. Crumple like soda cans.
"True. I am old school living in a new school. Disturbing events being witnessed,
and no end in sight!"

P

persistent

According to the movie "Elephant Man" ...Joseph Merrick knew 23rd Psalm by heart. What a life his was!!!!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Hi Bob, got any insights on this verse? Hebrews 2:15 And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
"If you have read any of my threads you will find I don't get involved in all the
Bible scripture
mayhem. It will speak to each in different ways, and this depends on ones
spiritual maturity.
I have shared many things and I can't do the learning for anyone."

PROFILE AVATAR - Copy (4) - Copy.jpg :)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
According to the movie "Elephant Man" ...Joseph Merrick knew 23rd Psalm by heart. What a life his was!!!!
'And the entertainment world alone has brought about much discord
within the social media arena!"

P

persistent

RIDER ON A WHITE HORSE.........WHAT IF ANYTHING WAS FEARLESS LEADER THINKING WHEN HE MADE THIS VIDEO?

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
save - Copy - Copy - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
"And any warning ignored or failure to act upon has consequences,
and this being another realism."

"Warnings appear subtle, yet of profound significance, bringing cause of being
completely ignored, and this being a grave error. Arranging historical history has been
passed down by humans, and human minds often in fear of the unknown, tend to put
forth pretentious authority, and this bringing cause of inventing worldly intellectual safety
features to pacify their own fear of truth, often more terrifying than falsehood.

~You shall not bear a false report; do not join your hand with a wicked man to be a malicious witness. Guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called “knowledge”— Therefore I hate every false way. ~
~Spiritually Inspired~

"By no means is this to judge nor offend. Obviously there are reasons of the events being witnessed,
and has it not been told of a great falling away from God! Each can come to their own conclusion."

View attachment 227221
Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.

May I ask how this is a subtle warning? It is rather plain.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Any conclusion on any subject being solely upon the individual,
no more, no less."
And plagiarism is a widely used concept presenting untold confusion and deception."

PROFILE AVATAR - Copy (4) - Copy.jpg