~Subtle Warnings~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Romans 16:16 says they were called churches of Christ. There were no denominations—just one church...
When I was a teenager, I had temporarily attended the so called "church of Christ" and they taught me that ONLY "their" church is the "true Church" and they even cited Romans 16:16 in an effort to support their claim because it mentions the specific name, "churches of Christ." Such a silly claim. I guess those who attend a church today that is named the "church of God" could also try to use these verses (Acts 20:28; 1 Corinthians 1:22; 10:32; 11:22 etc..) in an effort to teach that only their church, "the church of God" is the "true Church" as well because those verses use the specific name, "church of God."

It was a friend who invited me to attend the church of Christ when I was a teenager. His aunt was a very devout and thoroughly indoctrinated member of the church of Christ. I'll never forget several years later running into my friend's aunt at my friend's daughter's birthday party. Since then, I had received Jesus Christ through faith and was now a born-again Christian. I shared this good news with his aunt and the only question that she had for me was, "where do you attend church?" When my answer was not "the church of Christ," she bowed her head in sadness as if to imply that I was still lost because I did not say the church of Christ and she simply walked away.

After that her husband approached me and I shared the good news with him as well that I had received Jesus Christ through faith and am now a born-again Christian and he had the same question, "where do you attend church," and when I told him and the answer was not the church of Christ, his eyes glazed over followed by a cheesy legalistic grin on his face and he simply walked away from me and neither of them would speak with me for the rest of the night. I knew that something was terribly wrong! I could hear them both over in the corner going on and on about "salvation by water baptism" and that ONLY their church, "the church of Christ" is the "true Church."

I quickly came to realize they were both deceived. :(

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
new - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy (10) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg
https://christianchat.com/threads/subtle-warnings.198616/post-5335534

**'Biblical theology uses the categories that the writers of Scripture themselves used.
Rather than looking first to modern questions and categories, biblical theology pushes us toward the categories and symbols that the authors of Scripture used. For example, the backbone of the biblical storyline is the unfolding revelation of God’s covenants with his people. However, in the modern world, we don’t tend to use the category of covenant very often. Biblical theology helps us get back to the categories, symbols, and ways of thinking that the human authors of Scripture used.

' Biblical theology values the unique contributions of each author and section of Scripture.
God revealed himself in the Scriptures over the course of about fifteen hundred years through around forty different authors. Each of those authors wrote in his own words and even had his own theological emphases and themes. While all of these complement each other, a great advantage of biblical theology is that it provides us with a method for studying and learning from each author of Scripture. It can be helpful to harmonize the Gospels, but we also have to remember that God did not give us one Gospel account. He gave us four, and each of those four adds a rich contribution to our overall understanding of the whole. Loving the truth so intensely that it motivates us to pursue it carefully and diligently - so much that we make it an operative part of our everyday life - will prove to be the difference between being saved and perishing. Each of us will have to be concerned enough about the spiritual teaching we receive to search the Scriptures prayerfully and diligently to verify it (Acts 17:11). Proving all things (I Thessalonians 5:21, KJV) is so much better than lazily accepting the word of someone who appears to be trustworthy.

A new generation is rethinking what they've been told about Christianity, the Bible, and what it means to be a follower of Jesus. They argue a 'new reformation' is taking place as they voice their doubts and embrace a process known as theological deconstruction. Those who have walked this road say it's a life-giving and ultimately faith-affirming process, but others are skeptical.

deconstruction-main What happens when everything you once believed about God begins to crumble? Perhaps you lose a loved one, get ill, or are made redundant and start to question whether God really is good. Or maybe you stumble across skeptical material online or have your beliefs challenged at university. In a moment, those doubts you’ve had about judgment or biblical infallibility come to the fore and you’re left feeling overwhelmed. What do you do?

For many, this question is not theoretical. Most of us can think of people who have walked away from Christianity entirely. In fact, 53 percent of the UK population now have no faith, meaning that for the first time in living memory, most of the country is not religious.

But not everyone who doubts their faith ends up rejecting it. In fact, many evangelicals are claiming that an in-depth review of their beliefs has strengthened their faith. It’s a story I’ve heard time and time again from friends, acquaintances, and even the odd well-known church leader. One must wonder what’s going on?

**'( 'Articles in this thread are compiled from various
public domain sources.' Intended solely as informative
and subjects to reflect on )

426137663_2549966698497176_4064306650372611268_n - Copy - Copy.jpg

TheLearner

Jan 14, 2019
Brighton, MI
When I was a teenager, I had temporarily attended the so called "church of Christ" and they taught me that ONLY "their" church is the "true Church" and they even cited Romans 16:16 in an effort to support their claim because it mentions the specific name, "churches of Christ." Such a silly claim. I guess those who attend a church today that is named the "church of God" could also try to use these verses (Acts 20:28; 1 Corinthians 1:22; 10:32; 11:22 etc..) in an effort to teach that only their church, "the church of God" is the "true Church" as well because those verses use the specific name, "church of God."

It was a friend who invited me to attend the church of Christ when I was a teenager. His aunt was a very devout and thoroughly indoctrinated member of the church of Christ. I'll never forget several years later running into my friend's aunt at my friend's daughter's birthday party. Since then, I had received Jesus Christ through faith and was now a born-again Christian. I shared this good news with his aunt and the only question that she had for me was, "where do you attend church?" When my answer was not "the church of Christ," she bowed her head in sadness as if to imply that I was still lost because I did not say the church of Christ and she simply walked away.

After that her husband approached me and I shared the good news with him as well that I had received Jesus Christ through faith and am now a born-again Christian and he had the same question, "where do you attend church," and when I told him and the answer was not the church of Christ, his eyes glazed over followed by a cheesy legalistic grin on his face and he simply walked away from me and neither of them would speak with me for the rest of the night. I knew that something was terribly wrong! I could hear them both over in the corner going on and on about "salvation by water baptism" and that ONLY their church, "the church of Christ" is the "true Church."

I quickly came to realize they were both deceived. :(
https://answeringthehardlinechurcho...rating-how-divided-and-legalistic-the-coc-is/
https://slideplayer.com/slide/12667349/

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
blue-lights (1).gif EA7p1q - Copy - Copy (13) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Cop...jpg blue-lights (1).gif

"Too often Spiritual truth shall be hard to accept, and many proclaimed Christians shall remain
away from accepting the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Remembrance in the role of the Holy Spirit
as adamantly put forth in the Divine "readings" should never be ignored, for there is said to be...consequences."

240_F_165783601_SldoyeH9oxlbTMlEqwjCoFa2XpPDVTJn - Copy (8) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy...jpg

Oct 15, 2024
if blasphemy of the Holt Spirit is a conscious and hardened opposition to the Truth then a lot of you have been denying the Truth Heavenly Father gives me, too contradict and try prove me wrong all the time is not offending me but Father is aware of you, may He have mercy on you

Oct 15, 2024
if blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a conscious and hardened opposition to the Truth then a lot of you have been denying the Truth Heavenly Father gives me, too contradict and try prove me wrong all the time is not offending me but Father is aware of you, may He have mercy on you