Suicidal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

umzzza: I've been reading through this thread. The title caught my eye. I was suicidal @ 15, I'm now pushing 36. It's late here for me so I'm not staying on here long, but if you would like me to share more with you sometime let me know. There is one verse from the Bible that comes to mind when I start feeling depressed and don't want to be around anymore and it is Psalm 118: 17

"I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done."
Blessings!

G

Godsgirl83

Well just let me ask you this then.... STRAIGHT UP! Are you sincerely reaching out... or do you just want someone to pat you on the head and tell you everything is going to be OK? I've read through a couple of your posts now and you just keep repeating, "idk, idk, I just can't think, I feel so tired, nobody really cares, I want to die..." Look, you've actually found a great forum here! But, if you truly want anything out of it then you're going to have to get real! I can only make you one promise... right or wrong, if you'll be straight with me then I'll be straight with you. Ask me anything you want.
Sometimes when a person keeps trying to answer and only comes back with IDK it is because deep down they do know, they just don't know how to put it into words................

G

GtrPkr

Sometimes when a person keeps trying to answer and only comes back with IDK it is because deep down they do know, they just don't know how to put it into words................
But that's no excuse for not trying...

G

Godsgirl83

But that's no excuse for not trying...
Have you ever been to a point with ANYTHING in life that has had you to the point of feeling like that!? The "why bother" stage? It's a sad, terrifying, lonely place to be! There is a difference between being stubborn/not trying and genuinely wanting to try but having a hard time doing so.......

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
Well just let me ask you this then.... STRAIGHT UP! Are you sincerely reaching out... or do you just want someone to pat you on the head and tell you everything is going to be OK? I've read through a couple of your posts now and you just keep repeating, "idk, idk, I just can't think, I feel so tired, nobody really cares, I want to die..." Look, you've actually found a great forum here! But, if you truly want anything out of it then you're going to have to get real! I can only make you one promise... right or wrong, if you'll be straight with me then I'll be straight with you. Ask me anything you want.
I'm just answering people's questions because I feel like people get angry if I don't respond at all. I post in the prayer request forum for prayer mostly.

G

GtrPkr

Have you ever been to a point with ANYTHING in life that has had you to the point of feeling like that!? The "why bother" stage? It's a sad, terrifying, lonely place to be! There is a difference between being stubborn/not trying and genuinely wanting to try but having a hard time doing so.......
It should be obvious to everyone, especially umzza, that there are a lot of people here genuinely concerned about umzza's well being. The last thing umzza needs is for us to be arguing over how we show our genuine concern. Please address umzza.

G

GtrPkr

I'm just answering people's questions because I feel like people get angry if I don't respond at all. I post in the prayer request forum for prayer mostly.
And prayer is a wonderful thing! But, the trick to prayer is, we should both pray in agreement! So.... What do we agree on?

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
I thought I wanted to stop living before, but realized I just wanted to stop living the way I was, feeling the
way I was, to point a fact.
I recently had a friend commit suicide, he left a beautiful wife, and three lovely children, I have no idea
what brought him to that point, but am saddened beyond words, and wish he would have reached out
to ANYONE.
God loves you, and so do I.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Agree.png

May 2, 2019
Dear Umzza, Please know that we all love you and God loves you even more to the point of giving His life for you.

Pray. And when you're done praying just close your eyes and know that God is present right there with you. Enjoy His presence. He loves you and cares about what you're going through. He knows your every trouble, your every worry, your every thought and your every tear. He wants you to put your trust in Him.

Umzza, it may seem like darkness all around and all hope is lost, but reality can be stranger than fiction, there really is light and joy for you to have.
Breath deeply and feel that fresh air that God provides. How lovely it is to be able to enjoy the air. Many people in the world are so sick and they do not have this privilege.
Look at the wonderful blue sky, the green trees, the birds that God created. How lovely they look and how gracefully they move. Many people in the world can't walk and do not have this privilege.
Walk, move and jump for joy. God has given you all these abilities. Many people in the world do not have this privilege.
Sing a song and praise His name. The King of kings, the Creator of the universe loves to hear your singing. Many people in this world can't speak and do not have this privilege.

A video I saw. A little girl in China was born with no legs and no arms. She was small, probably about 3 or 4 years old. She saw other children enjoying the slide at the playground. Did she say I'm sad because I have no limbs? Did she give up? Did she walk away? Did she wish to end her life? No my friend. She used her head, her face, her chin and her tiny body to wriggle her way up every stair of the slide. Boy, it looked so hard. But she smiled her way up and let loose an even bigger smile with every stair won. Soon enough she was at the top. Sometimes my friend, it's a matter of perspective.

May I humbly suggest reading the book Psalms. King David described his anguish in many chapters. See how he sang praises to beat his worries. Memorize the entire 23 chapter and understand the meaning of every line in that chapter. When the darkness comes, recite the chapter then sing a song of praise to God for what He has done at the cross for you, then pray. Repeat.

God has a plan for you to tell your story and help others. So, death, is not only against His wishes, it is NOT an option.
Keep fighting the good fight. It is not always easy, but it is always right.

I wish you well my friend...

Nov 26, 2018
Sad to see that you are having thoughts of hurting yourself. I have had visions of dying but God has shown me Mercy and protected me from wanting to hurt myself or anyone else. My life has been a a severe storm since last year but I want to keep still waiting for hope.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
And prayer is a wonderful thing! But, the trick to prayer is, we should both pray in agreement! So.... What do we agree on?
I don't know what you are asking.

G

GtrPkr

How old are you?
Are you actually diagnosed with any learning or emotional disability?
Do you take any prescription medication?
How long have you been doing drugs?
What's your drug of choice?
Do your parents or siblings do drugs?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
How old are you?
Or Alcohol abusively?

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
How old are you?
I don’t trust you

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
How old are you?
I don’t know you. I don’t want to talk about all my life’s stuff with people I don’t know very well if that is okay.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I don’t know you. I don’t want to talk about all my life’s stuff with people I don’t know very well if that is okay.
Like specific stuff

G

GtrPkr

You know, you've said repeatedly that most people don't take you seriously and ultimately just ignore you.
What do you have to lose by being honest with a complete stranger?

G

GtrPkr

Sad to see that you are having thoughts of hurting yourself. I have had visions of dying but God has shown me Mercy and protected me from wanting to hurt myself or anyone else. My life has been a a severe storm since last year but I want to keep still waiting for hope.
I believe keeping still and quiet is key to faith, it takes patient determination. My prayers are usually very meditative. Sometimes all I do, especially when I'm particularly "troubled", is find a quiet place to close my eyes and just whisper Yeshua... Jesus... over and over because I can't think of anything else to say to God that doesn't seem grossly inadequate or redundant. There is power in the very name of God and Jesus, faith in that power brings peace... Peace beyond understanding.

Nov 26, 2018

If they are crying out for attention then something is wrong weather they have legitimate plans to hurt themselves or not. May God have mercy on our souls for our lack of empathy.