also if it is a sound decision made with a healthy mind.
"Joe" has a heart condition that if left untreated could lead to a fatal stroke. Joe refuses to take his medication. Joe has a stroke and dies.
Did "Joe" commit suicide?
"Joe" has a heart condition that if left untreated could lead to a fatal stroke. Joe refuses to take his medication. Joe has a stroke and dies.
Did "Joe" commit suicide?
"Joe" has a heart condition that if left untreated could lead to a fatal stroke. Joe refuses to take his medication. Joe has a stroke and dies.
Did "Joe" commit suicide?
I agree with Ben Suicide is only suicide if the intention is to end your own life having given up on it, also if it is a sound decision made with a healthy mind.
"Joe" has a heart condition that if left untreated could lead to a fatal stroke. Joe refuses to take his medication. Joe has a stroke and dies.
Did "Joe" commit suicide?
Interesting takes on the situation. I kinda lean with Ben in that if Joe stopped taking the meds with the intention of hastening his demise it could be construed as suicide. But like others said, if he just hates big pharma, if he hates the side effects, then his intentions are different. And as the Ladybug says he could still stroke out even with the meds.
Of course the flip side of this question is, if Joe has a fatal disease, and without meds he's expected to live only months but with them he could live longer, is he committing suicide by not taking the meds? Again that probably falls on his intentions. But as BarlyGurl says, "No one is guaranteed a "life" living beyond the time the Lord has given each one". The question that then brings up, are taking life prolonging meds part of God's plan for our lives?
Warrior thanks for the well wishes. How'd you know I needed that? 'Cause according to some the gift of knowledge and revelation are dead![]()
Interesting takes on the situation. I kinda lean with Ben in that if Joe stopped taking the meds with the intention of hastening his demise it could be construed as suicide. But like others said, if he just hates big pharma, if he hates the side effects, then his intentions are different. And as the Ladybug says he could still stroke out even with the meds.
Of course the flip side of this question is, if Joe has a fatal disease, and without meds he's expected to live only months but with them he could live longer, is he committing suicide by not taking the meds? Again that probably falls on his intentions. But as BarlyGurl says, "No one is guaranteed a "life" living beyond the time the Lord has given each one". The question that then brings up, are taking life prolonging meds part of God's plan for our lives?
Warrior thanks for the well wishes. How'd you know I needed that? 'Cause according to some the gift of knowledge and revelation are dead![]()
My father has an in-operable Brain Tumor and he has chosen NOT to be sick with Chemo and enjoy his time with his family. He states "GOD knows when it is my time, I lived a good life I am not going to be sick and run back and forth for treatments when I can be enjoying my family." I do not feel this is suicide as he did not place the Brain tumor in an in-operable place. I feel he is living his life to the fullest until he is called home.
My father has an in-operable Brain Tumor and he has chosen NOT to be sick with Chemo and enjoy his time with his family. He states "GOD knows when it is my time, I lived a good life I am not going to be sick and run back and forth for treatments when I can be enjoying my family." I do not feel this is suicide as he did not place the Brain tumor in an in-operable place. I feel he is living his life to the fullest until he is called home.
>>>>Also, we shouldn't put our faith in meds.<<<<
Bingo! and that is essentially a matter for God to convict each in their own heart and mind as only HS rightly divides the thoughts and intentions of man. I DO think this is a very good topic for constructive discussion to inform ourselves on how we might "view" scenarios and learn how to apply corporate "grace" to others if or when a challenge arises. It isn't okay to "manipulate" people spiritually to conform them to our thinking.
"Joe" has a heart condition that if left untreated could lead to a fatal stroke. Joe refuses to take his medication. Joe has a stroke and dies.
Did "Joe" commit suicide?