Summary of Bible references on the Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Hebrews 11 -- Do not be decieved, part 5

In the last verse we learned that Moses' parents were "deplorables", they were behaving in a way that was anti government as though they believed in "freedom" and that "Jesus is Lord". We then see Moses and this man's faith was really amazing, it is as though half the record books were his acts of faith.

24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.

This is crucial, if you hope to be raptured then surely you are looking ahead to the reward and rejecting fleeting pleasures of sin. You are willing to be mistreated and suffer disgrace because you know these are a momentary lightness of affliction compared to the eternal weight of glory. Are any of these men (and women) of faith popular?

27 By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible.

How is it that some of these guys can persevere? By all accounts Moses life was essentially over when he saw the burning bush. You persevere by faith, because you see the invisible one. Let's be honest here for a second because God knows the hearts, can't lie to Him. This whole "let's get along" and "let's not make waves" is simply the justification that cowards make because they are afraid of the King's anger. Why? If you know that the "king" has set himself up against God, why would you fear him? Haven't you always wanted to say "which is better to listen to you or to listen to God"? This is your chance!

28 By faith he kept the Passover and the application of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel.

Moses expresses a lot of faith. He is looking ahead for his reward, he sees the invisible one, and he is then able to follow directions precisely in keeping the Passover. When you hear and obey, your ability to hear and obey improves. Eventually you could get so precise you could follow very detailed instructions. The Passover refers to God standing over our house to protect it so that the angel of death has to skip your house. That is faith. Anyone can see Pharaoh and his army, but Moses saw God and his angels and had faith in God protecting his house.

29 By faith the people passed through the Red Sea as on dry land; but when the Egyptians tried to do so, they were drowned.

Think how arrogant they have to be to think they could follow after Israel through the Red Sea. Moses was exhibiting a very high level of faith developed over a lifetime and these Egyptians were those who utterly rejected the word of God and were faithless. Moses stepping into the sea was an act of faith, the Egyptians pursuing was an act of faithlessness. Don't you love this? Don't you love being able to do what no one else can do? That is the gift of faith, that is the gift of obeying God and following Him and trusting in Him.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Hebrews 11 -- Do not be deceived, part 6

30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the army had marched around them for seven days.

Faith of who? This is Israel acting as a corporate body in faith. This is what the censorship is, it is the "walls of Jericho" trying to keep out the word of God. Do you realize all those people hiding behind those walls are losing trust in the city leaders day by day? Do you realize they are desperate to know what the story is about all the Israelites outside the walls marching around? Regardless of how hard they try to shut out the gospel they are desperate to know what it is we are talking about.

31 By faith the prostitute Rahab, because she welcomed the spies, was not killed with those who were disobedient.

I consider Oscar Schindler to be a good example to understand this. He had “prostituted” himself with the Nazi’s selling them products to get rich. But he came to see the sins of the Nazi’s and he feared God more than the Nazis. So he hid several thousand Jews from extermination. Do you know why Satan and this evil age is scared of the gospel? It is because with us there is forgiveness. The chains that they use to bind people in the Satanic kingdom is that there is no forgiveness. You sinned, we will use that to destroy you and condemn you so you are now forced to do our bidding. But we come along and tell them your sins can be forgiven. As a result many of those who were formerly held captive, like a prostitute, are now free to follow the Lord. This is why the Satanic kingdom is falling, there are those within it that know the sins but they are following their conscience, following the Lord at great risk to themselves.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Hebrews 11 -- Do not be deceived, part 7

So far we have not found anyone who was popular. Moses was reviled by the Israelites once Pharaoh stopped giving them straw, he was hated by Pharaoh and he was pursued by the army.

32 And what more shall I say? I do not have time to tell about Gideon, Barak, Samson and Jephthah,about David and Samuel and the prophets, 33 who through faith conquered kingdoms, administered justice, and gained what was promised; who shut the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the fury of the flames, and escaped the edge of the sword; whose weakness was turned to strength; and who became powerful in battle and routed foreign armies.

Yes, they ran out of time, but the Lord gave us 2,000 years to tell these stories. Just because they are not in the Bible doesn’t mean they aren’t in biographies and histories and these words also can build your faith. Gideon ultimately was a judge over Israel but Barak, Samson and Jephthah were not at all popular, perhaps feared, respected, but not popular. They were trouble makers. Yes, David was greatly admired after killing Goliath but for many years he was on the run with a rag tag army of "deplorables" and yes Samuel was greatly respected, but read it again, once he took a stand against Saul he was completely isolated. You don't "conquer a kingdom" by "not making waves". Saying "can't we all just get along" is not how you administer justice. You don't shut the mouths of lions by agreeing to shut your own mouth. If you are going to quench the fury of flames with this cancel culture and race baiting you have to be on the front lines with a bucket of water. You do not escape the edge of the sword by being a coward, we know this because this is a chapter on faith. The ones who are pleasing to God and got a testimony of faith, they escaped the edge of the sword by faith.

35 Women received back their dead, raised to life again. There were others who were tortured, refusing to be released so that they might gain an even better resurrection. 36 Some faced jeers and flogging, and even chains and imprisonment. 37 They were put to death by stoning; they were sawed in two; they were killed by the sword. They went about in sheepskins and goatskins, destitute, persecuted and mistreated—38 the world was not worthy of them. They wandered in deserts and mountains, living in caves and in holes in the ground.

Foxe's book of Martyrs tells many of these stories. There are websites dedicated to the persecuted church. These are also a wonderful way to build your faith.

39 These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, 40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

So stop beating yourself up. Stop feeling like a failure. Without us they cannot be made perfect. They are depending on us. Right now they are all in the stands cheering us on. We are on the same team as Abraham, and Noah, and Moses and they are there cheering for us to bring this game home. Do you really think they could be made perfect by a bunch of cowards afraid to speak the truth because some senile old man says they can't?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The problem with "vaccine passports" is that people are making counterfeit passports. I think if they gave you permanent mark on your skin that people could see and read at the same time they gave you the jab that it would work better. You could call it the mark of the beast, after all the patent on this vaccine is 060606, so why not. The pope has a big meeting hall that looks like a snake, they are obviously getting bolder and less concerned about people finding out what they are all about.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Luke 9:5 If people do not welcome you, leave their town and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them.”

I was "not welcomed" by Facebook on Saturday. I was told someone was offended by some post of mine. They don't tell you what the offense is, they don't tell you anything that would help you be less offensive, just that they will suspend you for 30 days. Well the word of the Lord is clear, "leave that town". "Shake off the dust off your feet as a testimony against them". Think about this, the powers of heaven will be shaken, that is the sign we get immediately before the rapture. So that is what I did, I deleted my Facebook account that morning. It isn't easy, you have to do a search to learn how to do it and they cling to you, for thirty days they try to get you to change your mind.

When I learned that Amazon, Apple, and Google all deplatformed Parler I left those "towns". I have not bought a thing from Amazon since that time, I use DuckDuckGo rather than google and I use Dissenter rather than Chrome or Safari, and I haven't bought another thing from Apple since that time.

When I learned that Costco had kicked Mike Lindell's products out of their store because he was investigating election fraud I stopped going to their store from that moment. I used to spend upwards of $500 a month with Amazon and over $1,000 a month with Costco. By myself this won't shake them at all. But if 1 million people do that a loss of $1 billion a month to Costco or $500 million a month to Amazon, that will be noticeable. If 10 million people do this and 10 million people delete their account with Facebook, and Costco loses $10 billion a month in revenue and Amazon loses $5 billion a month! They will notice, it will shake the powers of heaven.

But let's be real, there are 100 million Christians in this country, how is this not important to everyone of them? If everyone stood up to these tyrants this would be over today. The only reason this is dragging on and on for months is because too many "don't want to make waves" and think that those of us who are preaching righteousness are the problem.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

If you iisten to this they have someone identified as a resident of California saying that the world needs to make drastic changes. My question is based on this, 80% of the water in California is used for farming and irrigation. Now that is optional. You can grow crops that are native to an environment that need little to no irrigation. Check Israel with the Negev desert, they have figured out how to grow crops in a desert with the water they have. But it is worse than that, California grows crops that are water intensive. So my question is this, why doesn't California make drastic changes to what they are doing? Why do they require the whole world to take drastic changes because they have chosen to use up all their water on agriculture?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Some connected to the US military are claiming that the military is going around destroying tunnels used in a very sophisticated and well funded pedophile ring. It seemed to me that if this were the case there would be some evidence that this is the case. I did a very quick search on "loud booms heard" and came up with this over the last six months or so.

Big booms

I am only posting 5 examples but I came up with much more than this.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The Six Day War

Human history is a six day war that culminates in us gaining the New Jerusalem. God created man in six days and on the seventh day He rested giving us a sketch of human history lasting for 6,000 years followed by the millennial kingdom for 1,000 years (Psalm 90:4 and 2Peter 3:8). However, this six thousand years begins with a war with Satan starting in Genesis chapter 3 where we see the first prophecy: Genesis 3:15. he will crush[b] your head, and you will strike his heel.”.

This is reiterated when Israel retakes control of Jerusalem in a six day war. This thought is repeated in the tribulation being seven years, likened to the six days of war with one year as a sabbath. Daniel’s prophecy likens this seven year period to a single week (Daniel 9).

The Bible reiterates this concept telling us in Genesis that Abraham was seeking a city whose builder and maker is God and then concluding in Revelation with a vision of the New Jerusalem descending to Earth(Hebrews 11:10 and Revelation 21:2).

This book is about all the prophecies and references in the Bible to the rapture. I have focused as much as possible on the pre-tribulation rapture. My thought is this, everyone seems so certain about the seven year period and they have their charts and timelines and yet they have no idea when the first rapture is. It seems to me we are getting ahead of ourselves. First things first, I suspect if we get that right everything else will fall into place much easier.

No doubt we must address the “no one knows the day or the hour” verses. First I would point out that this expression is much more common to the Jews than I could have imagined. The feast of Trumpets is referred to as “no one knows the day or the hour” because it begins when they see the new moon and that can be a little iffy. Still they do know the weekend that it will take place. Also Shavuot is the feast without a day or hour, it is somewhat bizarre how this feast is set up considering how precise God is with dates and appointed times. Still we do exactly the same thing with graduation. You graduate not on a specific date but when you complete all the required courses and tests. But even with Shavuot we do know the month and we know what must be completed first.

However, what is very clear is that this term “no one knows the day or the hour” is not an excuse to not watch but rather is always used as a reason why you must watch. For example, when a woman is pregnant no one knows the day or the hour that she will give birth, that is why you must watch for all the signs and be ready at a moment’s notice. LIkewise with a farmer, no one knows the day or the hour that you should harvest the crop that is why the farmer must watch and carefully consider when the best time will be. Another example is that no one knows the day or the hour that a thief will strike, which is why you have watchmen and you are prepared to deal with this at any moment. Another example given is servants of a king who are taking care of His house while He is away at a wedding feast. They don’t know the hour that he will return which is why they watch. In all these cases you should have a good idea of when it will be and for any of these things to catch you by surprise would be to your shame.

One story everyone is familiar with is the ten virgins. In the Jewish wedding the two will be engaged (betrothed) and then the groom will spend the next two years preparing a place for his bride, Generally he would build a room onto his father’s house. This doesn’t meant that the Bride and Groom do not see each other or talk to each other during these two years. On the contrary I suspect that during nights and weekends the groom is working on building this room and you would hope the bride is visiting him at this time. Now if you were the bride visiting the groom each week as he prepares the house wouldn’t you have a good idea of when the house was ready? Maybe you are off by a few days, but you would certainly “see the day approaching”.

So what kind of servant is not watching for his master’s return, what kind of bride is not visiting her groom during these two years, what kind of farmer is not paying attention to his field, or what mother is clueless that she is about to give birth? In every case it would be very shameful to be caught by surprise and in the New Testament it is portrayed that way. So then the verse that “no one knows the day or the hour” is not an argument against doing this research, on the contrary it is the reason that it must be done.

Revelation 3: 3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; hold it fast, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Why Prophecy?

Quite a bit of the Bible is prophetic. It seems we are actually discovering more and more of the Bible is prophetic, for example one exegesis describes the 150 psalms as being prophetic concerning the end of the age with each psalm giving you a prophetic word for each year.

The Lord tells us a few things about why He does this.

One is that it shows that only He is God:

Isaiah 41:26 Who told of this from the beginning, so we could know, or beforehand, so we could say, ‘He was right’? No one told of this, no one foretold it, no one heard any words from you.

Isaiah 46:10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, ‘My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please.’

The second is that to go somewhere else for a prophetic word is sin:

Leviticus 19:26 “‘Do not practice divination or seek omens.”

In short this is one more way in which we proclaim that Jesus is Lord:

Numbers 24:1 There is no divination against Jacob, no evil omens against Israel. It will now be said of Jacob and of Israel, ‘See what God has done!’

The third reason is to strengthen our faith.

John 14:29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe.

John 13:19 “I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am who I am.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Do you realize how difficult it would be for a hacker to steal your personal information if it was put into your body? Do you realize how easy it would be for police, FBI, CIA, etc to solve crimes if every single person had something in their body telling them who is where at all times?

The Free Masons have a play book where they plan with the end in view. Let's say I want to have complete control over the populace, that is the end goal. Then I realize to have complete control over people you must have complete control over their finances, their ability to purchase anything and their ability to get a job. Then I realize to accomplish both those goals I would want to inject people with a tracker that provides information that allows us to access all their records, financial records, health records, as well as a "social score". But how do I get people to agree to be injected with this particularly since the Bible warns about this. Well suppose we disguise this as a "vaccine" that will save you from a worldwide pandemic. Well to do that I would need a pandemic, but I don't want to kill workers, so I make sure this pandemic will primarily kill off the elderly and the infirm. Release this bioweapon and then use political machinations to maximize death, terrorize the people with this "pandemic" come out with a "vaccine" and then force (mandate) everyone to get it otherwise you can't go to school, can't work at your job, etc.

You create the problem that will cause all the sheeple to run to you for the solution which is what you wanted to give them all along.

So then what is wrong with this? You significantly cut down on cyber crime, and you make it very easy for police to catch and convict criminals. Yes, it is an incredibly powerful tool, the fulfillment of the "all seeing eye", the question I have is who do you trust with this power?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The people who are saying the vaccine is some kind of "mark of the beast" are the same paranoid people who said that the government gave people Polio from the vaccine, or experimented on people without their knowing it, or that denied the official report that Oswald was the lone killer of JFK, or the ones who claimed 9/11 was an inside job. They are the ones who for years were telling us that the Government was aware of UFO's and was not telling us or that the weather balloon at Roswell was a coverup, or that the government was studying how to militarize the weather, or that if they chipped you they could read it from space, or that the government poisoned alcohol during prohibition.

They probably didn't think Iraq had WMD's, or that Saddam Hussein was behind 9/11. We are talking about tin foil hat conspiracy theorists who think that Covid19 was made in a bioweapons lab, or that Covid19 stands for Certificate of Vaccination ID, A.I.

I bet they even question whether January 6th was worse than 9/11 or whether Texas requiring people to have ID to vote is worse than the Civil War.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The happiest day on the Jewish Calendar

Tu B’Av happiest day on Jewish calendar and comes six days after the saddest day on the Jewish calendar. Why? This may be the story behind the rapture, this day has been overlooked because it isn't one of the three yearly festivals where everyone must appear before the Lord. But think about it, we know that not all will be raptured before the tribulation so why would we think it has to be on one of those three festivals? So let's reconsider these festivals again.

Passover and feast of unleavened bread concluding with the feast of firstfruit has been completed by the Lord Jesus during His death, and resurrection.

Shavuot this is the festival where the Torah was given, but that was not until Yom Kippur, during the 3rd month we see Moses, a type of Christ, ascend the mountain, so this may have been fulfilled on the ascension day.

Pentecost -- Feast of new wine is 50 days after Shavuot. For two thousand years we may have confused the account of Pentecost with Shavuot, but it makes more sense that the New Testament age begins with the feast of new wine, just consider the Lord's parable about putting new wine into new wineskins.

9th of Av -- this is a day of crying perpetually. Look into the history of this day and it has clearly been a day of crying for the Jews with at least six very big events taking place on this day. They were faithless, God brought them to the good land, they listened to the evil report and then God cursed them that they would all die in the wilderness. According to Jewish folklore every year after that on the 9th of Av they would dig a grave and sleep in it and a number of them would die that night.

15th of Av -- A full moon, and therefore also a sabbath day. This is the happiest day of the year and so we should discuss the story (and we will) but right now notice this is the next feast on the calendar, all the others have been fulfilled.

After this we have the Feast of Trumpets which alerts you that the 10 days of awe begins and it seems this was fulfilled in 2017.

Ten days later (which in Daniel's timeline would be 10 years later) we have Yom Kippur which was also the happiest day of the year (tied with 15th of Av). Yom Kippur is the day of atonement, it is a day of judgement, and it is a day of rejoicing for those whose names are written in the book of life. Marriage ceremony is likened to a "Yom Kippur". So in many ways this is reminiscent of the wedding and our coming redemption, however, no one thinks the pre tribulation rapture will take place on this day, it would not make any sense.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
What is Tu B'Av?

Yom Kippur is the day of our redemption, a day of pardon, a day of atonement. The day they were forgiven for the sin of the golden calf. The day they got the 2nd set of stone tablets. The rapture is the "redemption of our body" and when referring to the end of the age the Lord says to look up, not because the rapture is near but because our redemption draweth near.

For the same reason Tu B'Av is a type of our redemption, a mini redemption. Marriage is supposed to be a mini Yom Kippur, and Tu B'Av is the most auspicious day for a wedding.

It was the day on which tribes were permitted to marry within one another. What is the rapture, but the day on which the Lord Jesus is permitted to take a bride from every nation and tongue. Again, just like Yom Kippur this points to our redemption (what the Lord has cleansed don’t call unclean). In the US right now they are trying to race bait and accuse people of being racists and no one is buying it. Instead it is close to 80% of the country is standing up to this.

This was the day when the cursed in the wilderness stopped dying. The 9th of Av was a day designated as a day of crying for all future generations. Each year they would dig graves and enter into the graves on the 9th of Av and some would die. Then at the end of the 40 years they all get up from the graves and don’t die. They thought they had miscalculated the date but by the time they come to the full moon they know that the curse had ended. Only then was intimate communication with the lord restored. (dead in christ rise first). What are we seeing in the US? Year after year they would elect politicians who would promise to do all sorts of things only to reneg on the promises, it was as though one after the other they all died. But now you see the people standing up, not because of Trump but because of God. The fellowship is restored and they are not going to tolerate these politicians feigning to die on the job anymore.

The day that the king removed the roadblocks that Jeroboam put to keep the Israelites from going to Jerusalem. A split in the nation. (rapture of Philadelphia mends the split). I was watching the news and they were talking about all the different things the politicians had done to prevent the election audits as "roadblocks" and yet they are all being taken down.

The way this holiday is celebrated is the virgins go out at night and dance in a circle wearing white dresses that they have borrowed. The idea is they all wear the same thing so that those who are poorer are not shamed. They will sing this is our God in whom we hoped. Pointing with the finger, the ring finger. Put the righteous in a circle and point. This is a picture of the Lord rapturing the saints dressed in white to a shelter during the tribulation. The first day of the week is the saddest day of the year, but by the sixth day it is the happiest. It is like the wedding in Cana where Jesus turned the water to wine, or like the Psalms where our mourning has been turned to dancing. It is a day established for matchmaking. The pretribulation rapture is likened to Jacob marrying Leah. The term "weak eyes" indicates she had blue eyes, in other words a gentile. Leah was an arranged marriage whereas Rachel was a marriage based on love. We see a record of this day when the Tribe of Benjamin had committed heinous sins, they were almost wiped out, and then the other tribes told them to go grab a bride for themselves on this night. So it was a day of atonement, a day of forgiveness, a day of hope and love.

Why would God choose this day, it must be that this day was established as a special day. Hence not a coincidence that these things occurred on this day. the world was created on 25th of Elul, whereas Man was created on 1st of Tishri (Rosh Hashanah). So then 25th of Elul is considered by the Jews as the day of Kingship because you can’t have a king without a kingdom. 40 days before the 25th of Elul it was already decreed who this baby will marry. Tu B’Av is 40 days before the 25th of Elul. The idea is that prior to God creating the heavens and the earth He decreed that this creation, this "baby", would marry His son. So then, that explains why this is such a big day in human history, it is a big day in God's history.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
A living sacrifice, acceptable and well pleasing to God

The one story that is incredibly hard to understand is this one about the tribe of Benjamin snatching these virgins for their brides. Surely you would not liken the Lord Jesus to this very shameful tribe. So then how would this tie into the rapture?

Let's consider the story the tribe of Benjamin is guilty of a heinous crime, the other tribes join together to destroy Benjamin and suffer great losses themselves in this fight but in the end they prevail and Benjamin is almost wiped off the map. They then realize how horrible it would be for one of the tribes to be obliterated. So then they counsel these ones to snatch these girls up as their brides.

This is the story of Joseph being sold into slavery, only in this case all these girls are "Joseph" and just as Joseph said that God meant it for good to save people alive, so also these girls can say the same thing. The nation of Israel has "offered these girls up as a sacrifice". So it is also like the Lord's crucifixion where the high priest said "it is better for one man to die than that the whole nation be destroyed".

So think about the rapture of Philadelphia, the rest of the Christians who are left behind are so horrible they are described as "the synagogue of Satan". Benjamin and the other tribes do not depict the Lord, they depict the rest of the Christians who are left behind whereas these girls are in the likeness and image of Jesus Christ, savior of the world. They are a living sacrifice, acceptable and well pleasing to God.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
These stories help explain what it means that the Lord would "come as a thief in the night".

When they were dying in the wilderness they would dig a grave and lie in it, in the morning they would see that the Lord "came as a thief in the night". That was not a good thing, that was a curse.

These girls who were dancing on Tu B'Av and were snatched away, it was like being taken by a thief in the night.

When they listened to the evil report they robbed the entire generation of Israelites a chance to enter the Good land.

The Lord is telling us that if we are not alert, if we are not watching we will suffer the same as those who were cursed.