Summary of Bible references on the Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
This is amazing, the Ark of the covenant was buried in a cave beneath where Jesus was crucified and when He died the earthquake split the earth so that His blood ran down on top of the mercy seat. Just amazing.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I love how he takes us through our recent history and gives the signs and the dates.

I do have a couple of issues with this. In Chronicles it says that the Equinox is the end of the year. I have heard some very poor exegesis about how that it only says the Sun's circuit is the end of the year but what day would you pick to denote the Sun's circuit if not the Equinox? Also, the Equinox is right before Nisan, the first month of the religious year and it is also right before Tishrei which is the first month of the Agricultural calendar. Equinox is the day we say the winter ends and it is the day we say the summer ends. I don't see any Biblical basis to dispute that. Not only so but Josephus gives a very explicit description of how you know when the first day of Nisan is and that would always place it after the Equinox. Not only so but Moses says Nisan is when the Sun is "in Abib" which we understand to mean you can see the star Spica (used to be called Abib) at sunrise. You can't do that prior to the Equinox. So I disagree with him on this being Tishrei, it is Elul.

The second issue I have is no one has made a convincing argument for Feast of Trumpets being the rapture and instead they have not responded to any of my issues with that. The idea that since they blow the trumpet and the Bible says "at the last trump" that it must be feast of Trumpets is really ignorant. First, the Jews blew the trumpet year round, there are many occasions for them to do that. Second, on Trumpets it is the Jews who are blowing the trumpet whereas on the rapture it is an angel with the Trump of God. Shavuot is a great example, the only other example, of the trump of God and it was not on the feast of Trumpets. Third, the purpose of the trumpets is to remind God to be merciful at the judgement? So why would that be pointing to the rapture? If anything that would be for those who are left behind. Fourth, there are a number of verses (I will go into them in the next post) that discuss being silent, in awe, at certain events. It seems to me the rapture would be one of them. The feast of trumpets is anything but silent. I can imagine that immediately after this silent period you would have the feast of Trumpets, but see no reason to think it would take place at feast of trumpets. Fifth, it is called the pre tribulation rapture for a reason, it takes place before the rapture. The feast of trumpets seems to be a much more appropriate festival to announce the start of the Tribulation. Sixth, the feast of trumpets is an alert concerning the coming of the king, the wedding and the coronation. Again, a very good reason why the rapture does not take place at this time. There are many verses that the Bride is raptured 7 days before the wedding. She is hidden away in the Lord's pavilion until His wrath has passed. Seventh, "no one knows the day or the hour" appears to be a reference to the Feast of Trumpets. I agree that this might be true, but it is not used in reference to the pre-tribulation rapture. In Mark it is used in reference to the start of the Tribulation and in Matthew it is used in reference to the new heaven and new earth. In Luke, the book that is about the pre-tribulation rapture it isn't used, instead the Lord says "at an hour you think not" or "at an hour you know not". Everyone knows the Holy days, everyone is thinking it is one of the Holy days, this tells me it isn't one of those days.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Rapture --> Silence --> Blow the Trumpets to announce the coming of the King

Deuteronomy 27:9 And Moses and the priests the Levites spake unto all Israel, saying, Keep silence, and hearken, O Israel: This day thou art become the people of Jehovah thy God.

This is the day of atonement. We call that “judgement day” but if you are written in the book of life it is a wonderful day, a happy day. The rapture is a judgement day, not Atonement, not a day for all Israel to appear before the Lord, but a judgement nonetheless like a commencement ceremony. During commencement those who are graduating with honors sit in front. If this ceremony takes 7 years to complete atonement is at the end, the pre-tribulation rapture is simply giving out the awards to valedictorian, etc. But this is the point, you respond with silence because this is the day you become the people of Jehovah. That is true of the rapture. If we respond to the rapture with silence why would you think it is on the Feast of Trumpets?

1Samuel 2:9 He will keep the feet of his holy ones; But the wicked shall be put to silence in darkness; For by strength shall no man prevail.

The rapture is a two edged sword. It is the Lord rescuing His holy ones and it is also the putting to silence in darkness the wicked ones.

Ps 31:17 Let me not be put to shame, O Jehovah; for I have called upon thee: Let the wicked be put to shame, let them be silent in Sheol.

The rapture is the answer to this prayer.

Ecclesiastes 3:7 a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

The feast of trumpets is a time to speak, immediately after the rapture is a time to keep silence. The two don’t mix. You keep silence for a significant period of time, maybe two weeks, then when you have permission to blow the trumpets you let loose.

Isaiah 41:1 Keep silence before me, O islands; and let the peoples renew their strength: let them come near; then let them speak; let us come near together to judgment.

The feast of trumpets is when the people speak, it is calling the people to come near together to judgement. Prior to that you keep silent. The steps are obvious, rapture, silence, then let them speak to come near to judgement.

Jeremiah 8:14 Why do we sit still? assemble yourselves, and let us enter into the fortified cities, and let us be silent there; for Jehovah our God hath put us to silence, and given us water of gall to drink, because we have sinned against Jehovah.

Jeremiah is the prophet to those left behind. Everyone is in stunned silence. If you are left behind you are given the water of gall to drink and the reason you are left behind is because you have sinned against the Lord.

Lamentations 2:10 The elders of the daughter of Zion sit upon the ground, they keep silence; They have cast up dust upon their heads; they have girded themselves with sackcloth: The virgins of Jerusalem hang down their heads to the ground.

This is another picture of those believers who are left behind.

Habakkuk 2:20 But Jehovah is in his holy temple: let all the earth keep silence before him.

For anyone who doubted, after the rapture they will doubt no more.

Zechariah 2:13 Be silent, all flesh, before Jehovah; for he is waked up out of his holy habitation.

During the Feast of Trumpets we are blowing the trumpet for God to hear. The rapture is evidence that He has heard and He has woken up.

Luke 1:20 And behold, thou shalt be silent and not able to speak, until the day that these things shall come to pass, because thou believedst not my words, which shall be fulfilled in their season.

The day that they will be able to speak is Feast of Trumpets. They are silenced at the rapture because they didn’t believe. They can speak at the Feast of Trumpets because then they see the fulfillment with the Antichrist making a peace treaty with Israel.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

That is not the moon, a crescent moon does not look like that.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

This is the stuff you love and everyone would forget 20 or 30 years from now.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

This is really good at helping you see Planet X.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
John 18:1-18 -- The Don’t make waves strategy

1 When he had finished praying, Jesus left with his disciples and crossed the Kidron Valley. On the other side there was a garden, and he and his disciples went into it. 2 Now Judas, who betrayed him, knew the place, because Jesus had often met there with his disciples. 3 So Judas came to the garden, guiding a detachment of soldiers and some officials from the chief priests and the Pharisees. They were carrying torches, lanterns and weapons. 4 Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, “Who is it you want?” 5 “Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied. “I am he,” Jesus said. (And Judas the traitor was standing there with them.) 6 When Jesus said, “I am he,” they drew back and fell to the ground. 7 Again he asked them, “Who is it you want?” “Jesus of Nazareth,” they said. 8 Jesus answered, “I told you that I am he. If you are looking for me, then let these men go.” 9 This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: “I have not lost one of those you gave me.”

Wow. Judas a traitor is leading soldiers to arrest Jesus for being a “traitor”. This is called “projection”. We are seeing this today, everything they accuse others of is what they themselves are guilty of. Think about January 6th. They were outraged at this “insurrection”. Trump was accused of “inciting a riot”. However, Trump began his speech about 30 minutes later than it was originally planned and as a result those who rioted started the riot a mile away about the same time Trump began to speak so it was obvious he hadn’t incited them. But worse, those that were so “outraged” at Trump had been inciting riots for the last year. You have Schumer inciting a riot outside the Supreme court, Maxine Waters inciting riots for the last twenty years, and on and on. Now we see BLM’s list of demands and it is abundantly clear that what they want is Trump. They want him prohibited from running for office, they want him charged with crimes, they want him silenced to never appear again.

10 Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his right ear. (The servant’s name was Malchus.) 11 Jesus commanded Peter, “Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?”

Please pay attention! Peter, the same guy who denies the Lord three times cuts off the ear. Do not allow the traitors and evil workers to get you unbalanced. Regardless of what happens we stand on righteousness and see that all things that happen are under God’s sovereignty.

12 Then the detachment of soldiers with its commander and the Jewish officials arrested Jesus. They bound him 13 and brought him first to Annas, who was the father-in-law of Caiaphas, the high priest that year. 14 Caiaphas was the one who had advised the Jewish leaders that it would be good if one man died for the people.

Why is the father in law the first one they bring him to? This is how elites work, you marry for position and power.

Peter’s First Denial

15 Simon Peter and another disciple were following Jesus. Because this disciple was known to the high priest, he went with Jesus into the high priest’s courtyard, 16 but Peter had to wait outside at the door. The other disciple, who was known to the high priest, came back, spoke to the servant girl on duty there and brought Peter in. 17 “You aren’t one of this man’s disciples too, are you?” she asked Peter. He replied, “I am not.”

Prepare yourself. Make the Lord your testimony to the point that you can no longer deny it. You have two choices as a Christian kind of like the two choices that a heavy weight fighter has when he enters the ring. First, throw so many punches that your opponent is overwhelmed. This is what the Lord did, speaking all the time, from every angle, to every person. Every time they turned around someone was being raised from the dead, or healed, or released from demon possession. He was coming at them fast and furious, they couldn’t respond quickly enough. The other option is to do what Peter does which is to say if I act real nice and don’t say anything to offend my opponent maybe he won’t punch me. It has to be the dumbest, stupidest strategy you can imagine and yet how many Christians opt for the “don’t make waves” strategy?

18 It was cold, and the servants and officials stood around a fire they had made to keep warm. Peter also was standing with them, warming himself.

The “don’t make waves” strategy includes the tactics of trying to blend in and become a wall flower. If you choose this path you will loose all self respect. Will you be able to live with yourself?

Ezekiel 21:15 In order that the heart may melt, and the stumbling-blocks be multiplied, I have set the threatening sword against all their gates: ah! it is made glittering, it is whetted for the slaughter.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

1. lays out a strong case that "we are in the season" of the Lord's return. One point I appreciate is that the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel by the US in 2018 was 70 years after Israel became a nation in 1948. That is important because some have been wondering if we should be counting from 1948 because it was a provisional recognition. This tells me that we should be using 1948. 80 years would be 2028. This in turn would mean the seven year tribulation starts in the Fall of 2021.

2. Walks through some of the signs in the heavens.

S

SophieT

more from you concerning 'the end is nigh'

Just a reminder for all of us who might not get raptured to fill up your car with gas on September 22nd.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The End is Nigh

When we pulled out of Kabul it was the 50th anniversary of Nixon taking us off the gold standard. That was when we became the petro dollar, we made an agreement with Saudi Arabia to provide security if they would only sell oil in dollars. That made the US dollar the official reserve currency, everyone needed dollars.

True Venezuela, Libya and Iraq all tried to sell oil for a currency that was not US$ but we taught them a lesson.

After seeing our exit from Kabul Saudi Arabia made a deal with Russia for their security and no doubt they will no longer honor that "only sell oil in dollars" deal. If you don't understand the significance of this consider this: how would you like to have a printing press in your basement that allows you to print money any time you need? That is what the reserve currency means. The $3.5 trillion dollar stimulus package is no problem when you can print your own money. That printing press is what they are taking away from the US. If the rest of the world no longer needs US$ they will dump them. We are on the edge of the precipice of hyper inflation.

In response the FBI released classified documents that tie Saudi Arabia to 911 and Biden has just pulled our defensive missiles from Saudi Arabia. Taking away our printing press is what people go to war over and if Russia is going to be the power in the Middle East they will need to take on the US and Israel. Why would they do this? Russia is a small economy compared to the US how could they possibly hope to win?

Well they know something that you don't. They have built a 400 square mile underground city in the Ural mountains (among others). What do they know? I suspect they know the same thing that every other country knows which is why they are all so urgent about this vaccine. There is an existential threat to the world and time has run out. This meteor shower which is only 11 days away would be the perfect time to lob an EMP attack at the US while they are all in their bunkers. Once the communications are down perfect time to attack. There will be so much chaos and destruction that it will be impossible to respond.

N. Korea obviously wants to be part of this alliance and test fired a missile that traveled 1500 miles on September 11.

What does this have to do with the vaccine? The US is desperate to get control of all these red necks with pick up trucks and guns who could become Mad Max before all this hits the fan.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Five women that express the first fruits

There are five women referenced in the genealogy of Jesus given by Matthew. I think these five are very interesting because the fifth is Mary and according to Luke Mary is a type of first fruits, those who are raptured first.

I think it is hard to fully appreciate Mary without the stories of these other four.

Tamar -- she is the antithesis of Esau. Whereas Esau despised his birthright, which is likened to selling his birthright for a bowl of beans, Tamar coveted the birthright. According to the New Testament fornicators and profane people are likened to Esau who sold his birthright for a meal. However, Tamar took on the appearance of a profane fornicator but rather than despising her birthright she coveted it. She knew God's law and that according to the Law Judah should have given her to his son, but he didn't. She also knew that in the broadest sense God's law would include her being given to Judah. Even though she could have been put to death she stood on God's word trusting that word. I think we can appreciate that this is what Mary did when she trusted in God's word.

Rahab -- she was a prostitute but she feared God more than the people she lived with. She knew that God was with Israel and would judge the evil people she was with. Once again, consider Mary, it is all a question of what do you fear. Do you fear reproach and shame or do you fear the Lord? Today the entire world knows her as "the virgin Mary". It must have taken tremendous faith for her to believe that this would be the case.

Ruth -- she was a Moabitess and according to the law they are not allowed into Israel till the tenth generation, yet she left her people to be faithful to her mother in law. She would have been the lowest of the low in the society and she chose to do that out of faithfulness. Through her we learn that God does not judge according to the outward but He judges men according to their heart. In her heart she said that "your God will be my God and your people will be my people". Once again, think about Mary, she was faithful to God without any hesitancy. Peter denied the Lord and tried to fit in with the world, no way Mary is going to "fit in" when she is six months pregnant.

Uriah's wife -- This is the one that is hardest to understand unless you are considering Mary. What was Bathsheba's crime? To be fair to her it was David's sin, not hers. She wasn't flirting with David. The king called for her, what is she going to do, say no? And yet her name (Bathsheba) is synonymous with lust. She is tarred with David's sin. Think about Mary, she was pledged to Joseph when the Lord decided to tell her she would have the Baby Jesus. It makes sense, the Lord needed Joseph to take care of her once Jesus is born, but it was really unfair to Mary and Joseph. I use the word "unfair" not unrighteous. If they were both fully given to the Lord to serve Him and help bring in His kingdom there was nothing unrighteous, still it was unfair. I suspect that many women gave Bathsheba the cold shoulder, what David did to her was also "unfair". David sinned against Uriah but Bathsheba was also a victim in that sin and had to live with that sin for her whole life.

I see a pattern here, these women were willing to despise the shame to follow the Lord, to obey the Lord, to be faithful to the Lord and to fear the Lord.