Summary of Bible references on the Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

As the Dragon approaches this is one of the effects on the Earth. It will cause the climate to heat up (Nemesis is a brown dwarf star in the center of this system), it will cause torrential rain and wind as a result, it will cause a great increase in lightning strikes to the point our power grid fries, and earthquakes will increase in frequency and power until they become Biblical.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
To return to post 1920 and the "predictive programming" I was reminded of Balaam, the false prophet. His prophecies were "the word of God", they were true. He was truly a "prophet". What made him a "false" prophet was not that the prophecies were false but rather that his motive was money, not God, and he would curse God's people for money. This is exactly what these predictive prophecies are.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Balaam taught Balak to put a stumbling block before the children of Israel to commit fornication and to eat things sacrificed to idols. This is what Hollywood does. To liken Hollywood to Balaam, a false prophet that hates God's people and teaches our enemies how to attack us seems quite reasonable.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I just went to my old school to sign papers and turn in my keys. I talked to many teachers and I realized everyone is hopeful that things will get back to normal (though a few a very stressed about the vaccine). It hit me, right now they are saying "peace and security", "things are getting back to normal", "let's everyone not make waves" and they aren't aware that sudden destruction is about to come upon them. Now I did tell anyone who asked about what I thought would happen in the future about what I really thought would happen in the future and it is pretty clear they for the most part are completely unwilling to hear that, I mean, what are they supposed to do with that?

The other thing that hit me is they have lost or are going to lose 5 teachers, it was just like the Lord said, His coming will be like a thief in the night. You can tell they feel robbed.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Esther 10 -- This is the training ground

1 King Ahasuerus laid a tribute (tax) on the land and on the coastlands of the sea. 2 And all the acts of his power and of his might, and the full account of the greatness of Mordecai to which the king advanced him, are they not written in the Book of the Chronicles of the Kings of Media and Persia? 3 For Mordecai the Jew was next to King Ahasuerus and great among the Jews, and was a favorite with the multitude of his brethren, for he sought the welfare of his people and spoke peace to his whole race.

We are going to bring in the Kingdom of heaven to the earth during the millenial reign. If you hope to rule and reign as a king in the future this is the training ground.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Zechariah 1 Return to Me and I will return to you

1 In the eighth month of the second year of Darius, the word of the Lord came to the prophet Zechariah son of Berekiah, the son of Iddo: 2 “The Lord was very angry with your ancestors. 3 Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty.

We have been going over many, many verses throughout the entire Bible concerning the rapture which also includes the Lord’s return. Generally the go to question everyone has is when will the Lord return? The Lord turns that on its head, when will you return to Him? Can we all look at human history and see that the goal of all of human history is that we would return to God? It is as though we control when the Lord will return, we make the first move to return to the Lord and He will respond by returning to us.

4 Do not be like your ancestors, to whom the earlier prophets proclaimed: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Turn from your evil ways and your evil practices.’ But they would not listen or pay attention to me, declares the Lord.

For example, many of the verses we have looked at, particularly from the book of Amos tells us to turn from our evil ways and our evil practices. Our ancestors refused to listen, they even refused to pay attention. Often I have thought what would I have done if I were in Germany as the Nazis began to take power? What would I have done if I were alive during the Civil Rights era? What would I have done if I were alive during slavery? In every case I hope I did not stand with the majority. When Mohammed Ali took a stand against the Vietnam war he was in the minority. When Oscar Schindler took a stand against the Nazi’s he was in the minority. You will never be able to take a courageous stand for righteousness if you do not listen and pay attention.

5 Where are your ancestors now? And the prophets, do they live forever? 6 But did not my words and my decrees, which I commanded my servants the prophets, overtake your ancestors?

Think about it? Jesus was killed when he was 33 yet His words have overtaken all those who killed Him. Here it is two thousand years later and the vast majority of those that died simply became dust without any more consideration, but Jesus and His words live on. Is it really more important to live till you are 80 if you have to live like a doormat? Would it really be so bad to take a stand, be a person you can respect, even if it means prison and death?

“Then they repented and said, ‘The Lord Almighty has done to us what our ways and practices deserve, just as he determined to do.’”

You have two choices, you can read the words of God with regret because you didn’t listen and you didn’t pay attention, or you can listen and pay attention and be thankful that God’s word was a light to your path and saved you.

The Man Among the Myrtle Trees

7 On the twenty-fourth day of the eleventh month, the month of Shebat, in the second year of Darius, the word of the Lord came to the prophet Zechariah son of Berekiah, the son of Iddo. 8 During the night I had a vision, and there before me was a man mounted on a red horse. He was standing among the myrtle trees in a ravine. Behind him were red, brown and white horses. 9 I asked, “What are these, my lord?” The angel who was talking with me answered, “I will show you what they are.” 10 Then the man standing among the myrtle trees explained, “They are the ones the Lord has sent to go throughout the earth.” 11 And they reported to the angel of the Lord who was standing among the myrtle trees, “We have gone throughout the earth and found the whole world at rest and in peace.” 12 Then the angel of the Lord said, “Lord Almighty, how long will you withhold mercy from Jerusalem and from the towns of Judah, which you have been angry with these seventy years?” 13 So the Lord spoke kind and comforting words to the angel who talked with me. 14 Then the angel who was speaking to me said, “Proclaim this word: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I am very jealous for Jerusalem and Zion, 15 and I am very angry with the nations that feel secure. I was only a little angry, but they went too far with the punishment.’ 16 “Therefore this is what the Lord says: ‘I will return to Jerusalem with mercy, and there my house will be rebuilt. And the measuring line will be stretched out over Jerusalem,’ declares the Lord Almighty.
17 “Proclaim further: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘My towns will again overflow with prosperity, and the Lord will again comfort Zion and choose Jerusalem.’”

Here is the first vision. We see Jesus, not high and lifted up, but in a ravine. A ravine for those of you not familiar with hiking is a very tough place to be. It is caused by running water and you will have steep muddy sides. We see this man mounted on a horse to spread the gospel far and wide. The horses are red, brown and white, like people. This reminds me of the Song of Songs where the Lord likens the woman to a horse. This was the beginning of the age when we were given the great commission. The apostles were hiding in an upper room, it wasn’t a high and lifted up place, rather it was a ravine with steep muddy sides. The only choice they had was to follow the narrow path. These horses were standing among the myrtle trees. Again this reminds us of the book of Esther as Esther’s name was myrtle tree. Esther was a woman who took a stand for righteousness to bring salvation to God’s people and to bring in a kingdom established on righteousness. But then we learn these horses have gone throughout the entire land, this isn’t the beginning of the age it is the end of the age. At the end of the age all these believers from every tribe and nation are reporting to the Lord. The world is at peace and rest and they are praying about Jerusalem who has been punished for the last seventy years. Jerusalem was established as the capital of Israel in 1950. The entire world rejected this until 2019 when the US recognized Jerusalem and then in 2020 when the UAE and a number of other countries also recognized Jerusalem. At that time the Lord was proclaiming that He would return to Jerusalem and rebuild His house and measure the house of Israel.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
A vision of an intelligence briefing in an old western movie

I love this vision, it is like a scene from an old western movie. Jesus is the good guy, He is slowly moving up on the enemy, hidden in the ravine where they can’t see Him. The deplorables from town (the red, brown and white horses) are giving him an intelligence report that they are at peace and rest, clueless about His approach. When He said “draw near to me and I will draw near to you” this is what He was talking about. He is close by, in the ravine, drawing near. He said His coming would be like a thief in the night, that is the picture we are seeing here. Not only so but why are the horses red, brown and white? If they represent the different races of man where is the yellow? Red refers to the “redskins” that we found in America, but they originally came from asia. Any deplorable in Asia, working outside in the sun and wind will not look yellow, they will look “red”. The “yellow” refers to the elites and to the prostitutes in Asia. So we have Asians included here, but the common man, not many of the elites. Rather the “elites” are likened to myrtle trees, like Esther. These ones are strategically placed in the government. So we are looking at an intelligence briefing as the Lord draws near with His army. People are all concerned about “the deep state” and the NSA and the “surveillance state”. The Lord will have them in derision. Right now they are censoring the news and just like in the book of Esther you aren’t allowed to discuss certain topics like election fraud or question government policy on the pandemic. If you do have a question or concern then you are a “racist” and a “white supremacist” unless you aren’t white in which case you are an “uncle Tim” or a “Mexican who will never be white”. But as a result they are in the dark about what is going on. The enemy thinks he can tell people what to think, but they are paying the price, only 35% of Americans still trust them to tell the truth. They think their ratings are down by 40% but it is much worse than that. CNN is played at all airports and many other businesses with the sound turned off. No one is watching or paying attention but it artificially inflates their ratings. But the Lord is different. When you listen to “War Room Pandemic” by Steve Bannon, the highest rated podcast in the world and their ratings are growing exponentially, they are quite different. They present actionable intelligence that the listeners can use and act on. Not only so but they call the listeners the “war room posse” and pay attention to things that they have spotted. Bannon was trained in naval intelligence and runs his show like an intelligence briefing. If you read Esther it wasn’t simply Haman that was involved in the treason but rather “the house of Haman”. The first group hung on the gallows were 500. Think about that! These arrogant people calling themselves “the deep state” who are orchestrating this treason, it could be less than 1,000 people. The vast majority of people in the government are not involved and many are Christians listening to the Lord and walking by their spirit. It is not possible for these 1,000 or so people to do anything without others noticing. So while the enemy is clueless about what is going on pushing the “rest and peace” narrative we have a very clear intelligence about what is going on.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Zechariah 1:18-21 Four Horns and Four Craftsmen

18 Then I looked up, and there before me were four horns. 19 I asked the angel who was speaking to me, “What are these?” He answered me, “These are the horns that scattered Judah, Israel and Jerusalem.” 20 Then the Lord showed me four craftsmen. 21 I asked, “What are these coming to do?” He answered, “These are the horns that scattered Judah so that no one could raise their head, but the craftsmen have come to terrify them and throw down these horns of the nations who lifted up their horns against the land of Judah to scatter its people.”

If we consider the history of Israel these two thousand years they were definitely scattered by the major powers (horns). Surely we would include Europe in that list, especially after what happened during WWII. We would also include Russia with their Pogroms against the Jews. From what I understand the Muslims worked with the Germans to persecute the Jews at that time so I would add them to the list. The other power that was involved with that crime was the Catholic Church. However, after seventy years the world has changed dramatically from nations having the power to multinational corporations having the power. I suppose the people who dominate cyberspace like Facebook, Amazon, Apple and Google could be considered “craftsmen”. There is evidence that this pandemic was a virus made in a bioweapons lab, so I suppose you could consider those that made the virus to be “craftsmen”. I have heard about the incredible things that they currently do with AI, not just to “serve man” but even more to manipulate and control man. I suppose they could be viewed as craftsmen as well. Finally, those that have made digital currency like Bitcoin can certainly be viewed as craftsmen as well. There is no doubt that these craftsmen are terrifying the powers that were.

But think about today, Biden is terrified by this audit in Maricopa county. The white hat hackers who have uncovered the foreign interference are "craftsmen" that are terrifying Biden. The lawyers who have been like bull dogs since November 6th are also craftsmen. The people who are setting up new platforms to get around the censorship: Rumble, Gab, Parler, FrankSpeech, etc., these are also craftsmen. Finally the journalists that are exposing CNN, people like Bannon, Bongino and Project Veritas, these guys are also craftsmen.

I saw the funniest thing, they played a clip of Joy Behar having a meltdown, she was saying that she had told people there was no election fraud so why are they still going on about it? It was hysterical, she is like the last person to realize no one is listening to her, no one cares what she says. She has destroyed any credibility she might have had at some point.

Returning to our Old Western movie, the four craftsmen are like four professional gunslingers coming to town to help the townspeople "drain the swamp".

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Zechariah 2 -- God is our Glory

Jerusalem is the underdog

1 Then I looked up, and there before me was a man with a measuring line in his hand. 2 I asked, “Where are you going?” He answered me, “To measure Jerusalem, to find out how wide and how long it is.”

Think about that! Imagine measuring Jerusalem after AD 70 when Titus destroyed it. You would have thought it was done. If you consider the Lord’s earthly ministry as His “measuring Jerusalem to see how wide and long it is” then it certainly failed miserably. We have also seen the same thing recently as every year we get new poll numbers on how many Christians there are and how many are leaving the denominations and how many people are no longer affiliated with a church, etc.

3 While the angel who was speaking to me was leaving, another angel came to meet him 4 and said to him: “Run, tell that young man, ‘Jerusalem will be a city without walls because of the great number of people and animals in it. 5 And I myself will be a wall of fire around it,’ declares the Lord, ‘and I will be it's glory within.’

If you look with your eyes on the outward appearance Jerusalem looks pathetic, but if you have faith in God’s word then Jerusalem is going to be overflowing with people and animals. So let’s change our perspective, how many cities on this earth have returned to their former glory after 2,000 years? If you consider the age of grace as a time of measuring Jerusalem how wide and long it is, then finding out how much grit, determination, and perseverance they have, then your impression would be completely different. The gospel we preach is one that has the power of resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings. Our Western movie is now becoming a movie called "True Grit".

The Odyssey

6 “Come! Come! Flee from the land of the north,” declares the Lord, “for I have scattered you to the four winds of heaven,” declares the Lord.

I am reminded of what I would often hear while preaching the gospel “religion is a crutch, I don’t need that”. The other day I was talking to someone about all the changes taking place in the public school system and what they should do. I suggested it would be very easy to set up homeschooling that meets in the church meeting hall. For kids in grades 1-8 it would be very simple. Basically you can cover the entire curriculum by simply reading books from the local library, watching documentary videos and using some online platforms to learn arithmetic and algebra. Get involved in the church choir, join local teams like baseball and soccer, and do arts and crafts every so often. However, this person didn’t go to church and so that wasn’t an option for them. Well, if that is the case you will be scattered to the four winds of heaven. It is a good thing that “you are strong”. Why did the Lord scatter them? They rejected Him.

The good guys win

7 “Come, Zion! Escape, you who live in Daughter Babylon!” 8 For this is what the Lord Almighty says: “After the Glorious One has sent me against the nations that have plundered you—for whoever touches you touches the apple of his eye— 9 I will surely raise my hand against them so that their slaves will plunder them. Then you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me.

We see three great story lines here. They are compelling, the kind of stories everyone loves. Everyone loves rooting for the underdog, everyone loves watching the odyssey of a heroic journey over 2,000 years going through pogroms and holocausts and Entebbe raids. But everyone really loves the “great escape” stories. That is the rapture. They have poked the Lord in the eye. This is like one of those Kung Fu movies where you provoke the Kung Fu master. This is the Western movie where the bad guys have taken over the town and “Shane” rides in to defeat the bad guys and let the good guys win. We are plundered, bullied, cheated, and abused and then the Lord of Glory rides in. The Glorious one heard our prayers and sent the Lord of glory and He will raise His hand against these nations that thought to touch the church. When this hand of wrath hits the world you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent Him. So there is a double entendre here. "Come, Zion! Escape, you who live in Daughter of Babylon!" This is like the word to come out her my people. The Lord's hand will be raised against Babylon, you don't want to be in her when that happens. So He is calling for us to come out of her, to escape. Right now we have this vaccine mandate, take their shot or give up your job. The Lord is sovereign over everything, this is His call to us to come out of her my people. Coming out of her is our "escape". However, our escape is also the rapture. So it is like a two step process, we take a step to say I will not comply, you refuse to employ me that is fine, I'll leave your city and shake the dust off my feet. That is our taking the first step to escape. They in turn will threaten to destroy us, just like Pharaoh chasing the Israelites in the desert to kill them at the Red Sea. Then the rapture will be God responding to us, snatching us out of harms way so that we could make a full escape.

Shock and awe

10 “Shout and be glad, Daughter Zion. For I am coming, and I will live among you,” declares the Lord. 11 “Many nations will be joined with the Lord in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you. 12 The Lord will inherit Judah as his portion in the holy land and will again choose Jerusalem. 13 Be still before the Lord, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.”

Be still because the Lord has sprung into action. This is the shock and awe of a great action movie or war movie. The gospel we preach is awesome, so much better than the polluted drivel that comes out of Hollywood. Pick a message, pick a theme, pick a story. The church needs our own storytellers, we need to replace Hollywood and these NY publishers. But just like the Red Sea story, destroying Pharaoh's army was nothing to God, the big thing was to get the people to be filled with faith to leave Egypt and go to Him.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

Why we are praying for the Lord to save and evidence of Treason from 2008.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Zechariah 3 -- The Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval for a Christian

1 Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right side to accuse him. 2 The Lord said to Satan, “The Lord rebuke you, Satan! The Lord, who has chosen Jerusalem, rebuke you! Is not this man a burning stick snatched from the fire?” 3 Now Joshua was dressed in filthy clothes as he stood before the angel. 4 The angel said to those who were standing before him, “Take off his filthy clothes.” Then he said to Joshua, “See, I have taken away your sin, and I will put fine garments on you.” 5 Then I said, “Put a clean turban on his head.” So they put a clean turban on his head and clothed him, while the angel of the Lord stood by. 6 The angel of the Lord gave this charge to Joshua: 7 “This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘If you will walk in obedience to me and keep my requirements, then you will govern my house and have charge of my courts, and I will give you a place among these standing here. 8 “‘Listen, High Priest Joshua, you and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come: I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. 9 See, the stone I have set in front of Joshua! There are seven eyes on that one stone, and I will engrave an inscription on it,’ says the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will remove the sin of this land in a single day. 10 “‘In that day each of you will invite your neighbor to sit under your vine and fig tree,’ declares the Lord Almighty.”

First, Joshua is symbolic of things to come. He is symbolic of Jesus who took our sins to the cross. It was as though Jesus put our sinful deeds (the filthy garments) upon Himself and when He was crucified He took away our sins in a single day. Fair enough, but what does that mean? I think Trump’s presidency illustrates exactly what that means, there are a lot of similarities. Trump was very clearly a sinner who had been snatched out of the fire and was made President, put into position to govern the country. For four years it was as though the media was pelting him with filth on a daily basis. For example they insinuated that his family was a group of grifters who were going to rob the nation blind. However, after four years we learn that it is Biden’s family that is a crime family of grifters, Clinton’s family was a crime family and Kerry’s family was also involved. The things they were accusing Trump of were the very things they were guilty of. Trump didn’t collude with Russia but Biden did. The term for this is “projection” and here where it says that “Satan accused him” it means that Satan was trying to “Satanize” him, Satan accuses us of everything he does.

But they also accuse those in this “MAGA” movement of being in a cult of personality movement. Cult is not well defined, I prefer false prophet, false christ and apostasy. Those terms are very well defined in the Bible. There is no doubt that Trump is a sinner and I have never heard one person try to say he wasn’t. However, that is very strange for a cult leader, they are often portrayed as a “christ like” figure, even the second coming of Christ, and hence “sinless”. The key thing about the false prophet and the false Christ is that they are “false”. They are liars, just like Satan. One thing about Trump, he wasn’t false, he spoke his mind the way a sixth grader might. But compare that to Biden and Harris because God has given us this wonderful contrast. If you were to rank the most racists senators and former senators still alive today Joe Biden would be #1. This would be based on the things he said, the bills he sponsored, and his close association with the KKK. Likewise Kamala Harris has a very spotty legacy with her actions in prosecutions in California as well as being descended from Slave holders. However, if you look at Trump he is praised for getting funding to the historically black colleges and for setting up economic zones in the inner city. Minorities did much better economically under Trump than they did under Obama and this will certainly be better than they do under Biden.

But think about this, all believers are kings and priests. All of us who stand for the Lord should expected to get pelted with filth from Satan who will accuse us. Many people were confused why would Christians support a man who was so obviously a sinner? There are two kinds of Christians, those who also were plucked from the fire, accused by Satan so that their clothes were covered with filth, and then given new robes by the Lord, and there are also those who are false Christians who have learned how to pretend to have new robes. If you have had the experience of being falsely accused and pelted with filth you aren’t going to shun someone who is going through the same. In fact you learn to judge people by who their enemies are. My feeling was that anyone who is an enemy of Satan is good enough for me. Think about it, Satan accusing someone, it is like receiving the “Good Housekeeping Seal of approval” for a Christian. The Lord says the same thing Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for in the same manner did their fathers to the false prophets.

But let’s consider this image of a “brand plucked from the fire”. A stick could be burning bright, but pull it from the fire and it is going out. That is what the end of the age is like. It seems the light from the US is going out, it seems the light from Christianity is going out. The church is Philadelphia are all those who “have gone out” because the Lord promises them that they will not have to go out anymore. The Lord is referring to the Temple of God, the church. To be in the church in Philadelphia you had to have taken a stand, like the faithful Antipas who was against all. Perhaps you were excommunicated from Sardis (had your name blotted out). Perhaps Jezebel and her false prophets drove you out of Thyatira when you discovered the “deep things of Satan”. Once again, consider Trump, he was talking about “fake news” and the “deep state” and he was driven out. A three year investigation and two impeachments. Once again, for anyone who has had this experience you aren’t going to condemn someone simply because they are being investigated. I said from the beginning I welcomed the investigation and wanted to know the results. That was not true of most people, they just wanted a conviction and when that didn’t happen they got angry. To me I looked at the evidence and it convicted Clinton, the FBI, the FISA courts, and the media.

So how does the Lord take off the filthy clothes and give us bright white garments? Again, let’s use Trump for an illustration. He was accused of human rights abuses from Kamala Harris because of separating kids at the border. Since he has left office the “human rights abuses” of the border have skyrocketed and who is in charge? Yes, if Kamala Harris is going to point her finger at Trump then three of her fingers are pointing back at her because it is three times worse now. When you drive out Antipas from the church you learn that he was the one with the light and the life. You snuffed out your own light and death follows. Thyatira and Sardis drive out the true believers and ultimately they become Laodicea, a dried up husk of the real thing.

What we need as a priest and ruler is a stone, someone with backbone that can stand up to the thieves, a stone that can slay the giants. Jesus was the “engraved stone”. He was engraved on the cross. This stone has seven eyes, that is right, all the true believers are also engraved stones and become the eyes of the church. They have discernment, they can identify Satan and they can identify Joshua.

This is the Gospel. Jesus was like this, he was crucified as the most heinous criminal, His judgement was worse than that given to any others by both scourging and crucifying Him. He put on the filthy clothes of the most heinous sinner and paid the price for us. In His resurrection He was designated by God to be Lord. He has the backbone to stand up to the evil one even unto death and to die for us. Now this very same one lives in us, the hope of glory. If you feed on Him and live by every word of God you too could have the faith of Jesus, you too can be this glorious one who can stand up to the abuse and slander to be one with the Lord as He saves others from the fire.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
God's judgement cannot sleep forever.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; and that His justice cannot sleep forever." Thomas Jefferson 1781

"If God doesn't judge America, He will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah" Billy Graham

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Why would Israel or anyone want a leader, a ruler, whose garments were covered with filth?

I was reminded of when I played football, sometimes you would play on a rainy, muddy day. When the game was over some players were completely covered in mud and yet there would always be one or two who were pristine, not a drop of mud on them. Those were the kids who sat on the bench and never played, "never got their hands dirty". I was also reminded of a movie "Hacksaw Ridge" about a man of faith who was led by the Lord to join the army to fight in WWII but was convicted to not carry a gun. He was a medic and during the worst fighting he was saving people. When that battle was over he was covered in mud and blood and guts. For soldiers being covered in mud, blood and guts at the end of the battle is evidence that you were in the middle of it. The same is true of farmers, doctors and construction workers.

So then I thought about it the other way, who doesn't get mud and blood on their clothes when they work? Politicians, bankers and lawyers don't, they can wear a nice suit to work. But spiritually if you send thousands to die in a phony war you have blood on your garments before the Lord and if you rob widows of their houses in the mortgage crisis your garments are covered in filth.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Zechariah 4 Wake up, look at what the Lord has built

1 Then the angel who talked with me returned and woke me up, like someone awakened from sleep. 2 He asked me, “What do you see?” I answered, “I see a solid gold lampstand with a bowl at the top and seven lamps on it, with seven channels to the lamps. 3 Also there are two olive trees by it, one on the right of the bowl and the other on its left.” 4 I asked the angel who talked with me, “What are these, my lord?” 5 He answered, “Do you not know what these are?” “No, my lord,” I replied. 6 So he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,’ says the Lord Almighty. 7 “What are you, mighty mountain? Before Zerubbabel you will become level ground. Then he will bring out the capstone to shouts of ‘God bless it! God bless it!’” 8 Then the word of the Lord came to me: 9 “The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this temple; his hands will also complete it. Then you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you. 10 “Who dares despise the day of small things, since the seven eyes of the Lord that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone in the hand of Zerubbabel?” 11 Then I asked the angel, “What are these two olive trees on the right and the left of the lampstand?” 12 Again I asked him, “What are these two olive branches beside the two gold pipes that pour out golden oil?” 13 He replied, “Do you not know what these are?” “No, my lord,” I said. 14 So he said, “These are the two who are anointed to serve the Lord of all the earth.”

We need to wake up and see what it is we are building. What is the church? We are a light set on a hill for the whole world to see. This light exposes the darkness, the corruption, the lies, the deceits, the murders. This lamp is not a single light but is seven in one. We shine a light concerning righteousness, and justice. Listen to those in the world and they don’t even know what truth is, they will claim that good is evil and evil is good. They need the light from the word and from the Spirit. But that is only one aspect of the light, we also shine a light on education. We are commanded to teach our children. Education is the key to the Civil rights movement. Pharaoh and the elites lord it over the rest of people because of their education. The Lord said you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. But we are also a light for making peace. Wars are costly, destructive, and evil. Showing people the way of the cross to make peace and to live in harmony with one another, that is a bright light. No one knows this light except for the Lord Jesus and those that take up their cross and follow Him. If you leave the criminal justice system to the world it will become abusive and biased. If you leave the education system to the world it will become abusive and a way to keep people enslaved. If you leave national defense to the world they will destroy themselves and the world. This light also shines on the banking system. The world’s monetary policy is built on the worship of idols, it is vanity, and it is evil. They have a system whereby they can rob widows houses and then make long complicated prayers that few understand to befuddle and confuse the masses. This is a golden lampstand, it isn’t made of vanity and wisps of smoke, it is real, it is substantial, and the light will expose the crooks. We are also a light to the bureaucratic system of government, all those functions carried out by the non elected officials. The church carries out all those functions as well, but has to do it on a shoe string budget. The ministry leaders are not insulated by layers and layers of bureaucracy from those they are serving. They get their hands dirty, they serve the soup, they visit the sick. We have much more light and insight than some government official making two hundred thousand a year working in an ivory tower. We are also a light to the mainstream media and the movie industry. Every major literary theme is found in the Bible. We are filled with amazing, captivating stories that edify and uplift. We are also trained in speaking the truth in love. We are also a light to families. The Lord has ordained that the elders of the church be a positive example for fathers and mothers. The church is to be a giant family so that broken families can enter the fellowship and be healed. At the most fundamental level we need healthy families to have a healthy society. The source of most of our ills whether with crime, or education, or public services is to deal with the destruction that accompanies broken families.

In Zechariah's dreams he already saw the first rapture, the escape by those who came out of Babylon. But after that rapture the rest of the believers will wake up and see this Golden lampstand. It will be a tremendous revival. The antichrist will bring in his kingdom by power and might, the Lord will bring His in by His Spirit.

We need a vision, what we are doing in the church is creating a godly government that will both build the society and rule. We are not occupying some independent space from the government. Only a fool would think that unbelievers, people without faith or the knowledge of God’s word, people ruled by the lusts of the flesh, could do a better job, much less even a good job of ruling and reigning. Make no mistake, the church will replace human government. However, it is not by might nor by power. We don’t take over with a military as they tried during the Crusades. We don’t take over with political lobbies and pushing our platform and backing our candidates. It is by the Spirit. It is by the preaching of the gospel, sharing our testimony, bringing people to the Lord and winning souls for the Lord. When people give their hearts to the Lord then the mind and body will follow.

The church is supported with two ministries, the building ministry and the ruling ministry. These ministries simply sink their roots into the word of God and produce pure oil for life and light. Remember the key question “when is the Lord coming?” to which the Lord answers “When will you be ready?”

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
40 And he answered and said, I tell you that, if these shall hold their peace, the stones will cry out.