Summary of Bible references on the Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

Praise God -- Christ's Salvation

Praise God -- His coming judgment

Praise God -- The worship of Christ

Praise God -- He is sovereign conquering king

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

Worship God,

Only what we send ahead here will make it to heaven.

A lust for comfort and convenience will keep you from making it to heaven. The more you have the more you want and then you spend all your time guarding what you have.

Don't be greedy for recognition -- if you get clapped for what you did for the Lord you don't have any reward in heaven.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Why don't more consider this?

Ecclesiastes 2:17 So I hated life, because the work that is wrought under the sun was grievous unto me; for all is vanity and a striving after wind. 18 And I hated all my labor wherein I labored under the sun, seeing that I must leave it unto the man that shall be after me. 19 And who knoweth whether he will be a wise man or a fool? yet will he have rule over all my labor wherein I have labored, and wherein I have showed myself wise under the sun. This also is vanity.

This is a fact. It is true for the guy who owns Facebook, it is true for the President of the US, it is true for the leader of the drug cartel. The work you are doing regardless of how honorable and upright and beneficial you might think it is to mankind or to your family or your legacy, it is simply striving after wind. Human history is six thousand years, of those billions and billions of people how many do you still really care about? What did Shakespeare really accomplish? How about Plato? Einstein? Would George Washington be happy with the people he has left the country to run it? Is Einstein happy with the people who have rule over his work or of those who have created the atomic bombs? Is Plato happy with the direction that human wisdom has gone? How about Shakespeare, would he like Disney and all the other entertainment businesses? These people showed themselves wise under the sun, I don't dispute that, my question is where is that going to lead? It is like a Chess game, you make a few good moves at the beginning, it looks really good, but how did the game end up, did you win or lose?

Human wisdom is evil, the entertainment industry is evil, we know that mankind will ultimately use those nuclear bombs to blow up the world, and the US, started strong but has ended up like Sodom and Gomorrah.

Now you may think you are smarter than Einstein, or more eloquent than Shakespeare, or wiser than Plato, or a greater leader than Washington. Maybe you are, maybe you are the antichrist. The number 666 basically refers to the ultimate man, the complete man, the perfect man. But in your arrogance you forgot that you are playing chess with God. The rules are clear, you get to live for 120 years at most and then "you must leave it to the man that shall be after me". How wise can you really be if you don't even know the basic rules that everyone knows?

Jesus is the man that shall be "after me". Human history is 6,000 years and then we hand over the kingdom to Jesus for the 1,000 year reign. 6,000 years is 120 jubilees. If you consider this verse there is only one worthwhile endeavor, building a kingdom that will last for eternity. Being a coworker with the Lord.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
One of the hardest things about being a watchman

Habakkuk 3:16 I heard, and my body trembled,
My lips quivered at the voice;
Rottenness entereth into my bones, and I tremble in my place;
Because I must wait quietly for the day of trouble,

For the coming up of the people that invadeth us.

I have learned several things since focusing intently on the prophecies concerning the present age. In the first half of the tribulation one fourth of all the people on earth will die. That is 2 billion+! The US will be destroyed like Sodom and Gomorrah, in a single hour the destruction will come! The picture of this imminent destruction is horrifying -- nuclear holocaust, flood of coastal cities, electricity goes out for weeks, famine, gangs roaming the streets looting and killing. I see this coming, I speak about it repeatedly in these posts, others speak on this repeatedly and I post their links. But it is clear, this speaking isn't going to change the outcome, at best it will cause some to repent, turn to the Lord, and be saved. The judgment on this world has already been determined, you can see it coming like watching a train wreck in slow motion. This is merciful. Do not misunderstand mercy to mean that this judgement will not come, no it will come in slow motion to give as many as possible a chance to repent and turn to the Lord. For example, it is like a plane crash. If a plane were hit by a very powerful missile and you all those on board were killed instantly, then there was no chance to turn to Jesus. But if the engines go out and the plane begins to crash and that process takes several minutes, maybe even 5 minutes before the plane hits the ground, then that is mercy. People have a chance to pray and turn to the Lord. I see it coming but I must wait quietly for the day of trouble.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
You can't conquer Satan without first getting into the ring with Satan

Luke 9:22 The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and the third day be raised up.

I like this word "must". It is so certain, it tells us exactly what must take place. Consider the current events with election fraud, or the "plandemic", or the vaccine that is "snake venom", or the entire history of Roe v. Wade, or Israel's history, or the War in Ukraine which apparently is the beginning of WWIII. All of these things must happen, there is no resurrection without first being crucified. You can't conquer Satan without first getting into the ring with Satan and fighting with Satan. Jesus conquered him on the cross and now all of the believers are "crucified with Christ and it is no longer us that live but Christ that lives in us".

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

It's not just her, Dana Coverstone dreams and many other dreams can really only be explained by a kind of civil war being fought in the US between the military and those trying to have a coup. The election fraud revealed recently leads to military tribunal arresting Biden, Harris and others for a coup and reinstates Trump. They know it hence their hysterical attack due to Roe v. Wade leak.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Spoiler Alert

Luke 17:25 But first must he suffer many things and be rejected of this generation.

Everything the Lord told us was true. Often it seemed fanciful, embellished, maybe even superstitious. We looked at "demon possession" and thought oh they probably thought that mental illness, schizophrenia or epilepsy was demon possession. But now as we start to see the demons released onto our streets we realize, nope, the Bible is not filled with conspiracy theories but rather spoiler alerts.

This generation had to hear all these things and poo poo them, reject them, explain them away first. That is what it means to walk by faith and not by sight. If everyone loves your message then you are merely telling them what they want to hear.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

It's not just her, Dana Coverstone dreams and many other dreams can really only be explained by a kind of civil war being fought in the US between the military and those trying to have a coup. The election fraud revealed recently leads to military tribunal arresting Biden, Harris and others for a coup and reinstates Trump. They know it hence their hysterical attack due to Roe v. Wade leak.
Also the prophecy in Luke that when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies you should run can be used here. I view the United States as "Israel" when Israel was divided into the Northern ten tribes and Judah. Those in Israel today would be Judah and those in the US would be the Northern tribes.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Spoiler Alert

Luke 17:25 But first must he suffer many things and be rejected of this generation.
Yesterday I posted a link to a video by the Prophecy club and in that video he mentioned a website with a testimony that was amazing yet really hard to believe. I read that and took it to the Lord and asked what we should think and how we should respond. I believe this is the answer.

We should believe that all those things in the NT about demon possession and the whole world being in the evil one that this generation rejected, we should take that as spoiler alerts. The Lord told us all about demon possession. Acts refers to someone who had a spirit of python and brought great profit to their master. That account is essentially the same testimony that I read yesterday, only this testimony is current events.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
This is what we are watching

Luke 24:44 And he said unto them, These are my words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must needs be fulfilled, which are written in the law of Moses, and the prophets, and the psalms, concerning me.

We are looking at the things in the books of Moses, the prophets and the Psalms concerning Jesus. There are a lot of things, but they must all be fulfilled. The rapture is on a long list of things.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
A Garden Variety False Prophet

I received the following message: "ZNP, this isn't a personal attack but in my opinion Dana Coverstone is a garden variety false prophet. He's an extreme right-winger who tells people to stockpile food, guns and ammunition."

If you accuse someone of being a false prophet, that in itself is a judgement and with what judgement you judge you shall be judged.

Still this is a common refrain among many so let's address it.

1. I watched a video of someone saying to beware of Coverstone because he is a false prophet. The video was a year old and the person was saying that these things had not happened and yet as I listened to the dream it sounded like what I was watching on the six o'clock news. We are warned by Paul not to judge before the time.

2. The dreams that he has shared have not, at least as far as I have seen, ever say "thus saith the Lord" and declare that such and such will happen. It may very well be referring to a warning of what might happen if we do not repent.

3. He had many dreams that pointed to specific dates on a calendar. Those dates were key dates for national prayer of Christians in one group or another. Someone looks at a newspaper and says "nothing happened" is in danger of being the biggest fool when they have to answer for what they proclaim.

4. There has not been a single dream or interpretation that I have heard on his channel that contradicts the Bible or the word of God.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I told them to pray, but they did not, they need to take it seriously now

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Obtaining an inheritance and being made a heritage

1:11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,

Verse 11 has a double meaning, it can be translated that "we have obtained an inheritance" or it can also be translated "we have been made a heritage". How we can be made a heritage while at the same time obtaining an inheritance is illustrated in the book of Ruth. Ruth obtained an inheritance when she became Boaz's wife. But the process she went through became part of the word of God. Ruth's story, her testimony, became our heritage. Ruth obtained an inheritance and she was made a heritage. You can try as hard as you want but the only way to obtain an eternal inheritance is to be in Christ, and if you are in Christ you can also be made a heritage.

Ruth was a moabitess, she was not permitted into the congregation for ten generations. She was also the widow of an Israelite. The law said the nearest kin can redeem her. So which is it, can she be redeemed now or does she have to wait ten generations, how do you judge? God judges the heart, the book of Ruth begins with us seeing her heart, she said “your God will be my God and your people will be my people”. According to her heart she was the widow of an Israelite.

To me, Ruth’s story is similar to Sardonyx, one of the precious stones in the New Jerusalem. Sardonyx is a layer of onyx between two layers of sard. It looks like a sandwich, and often it is one white layer sandwiched between two black layers. When I first saw this stone I was shocked, that is a precious stone? To make things worse this stone stands next to an Emerald! How? Emerald is considered the most precious of the precious stones, and then here is this stone that by comparison is a joke. You could have an emerald in the crown jewels, but a sardonyx? What they do with sardonyx is they will carve into it and make cameos and intaglios (Cameo is where the image sticks out whereas intaglio is engraved in the stone). I saw one of these. The artist had carved through the top layer and used it to make a border which framed the picture, then in the middle white layer he had carved a King sitting on his throne with the people of his house, but then a little deeper in the bottom black layer, in the shadows he carved some sinister looking characters). It was a masterpiece. When we are “in Him” the Spirit carves into us experiences of Christ which become a priceless work of art, a heritage to all the saints. This is what happened with Ruth. The things that happened to Ruth were of God so that we could be encouraged that we also could stand in His kingdom side by side with the great men of faith. The Lord can make us stand!

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
John 19:1-14 Mob Rule

1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. 2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and arrayed him in a purple garment; 3 and they came unto him, and said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they struck him with their hands. 4 And Pilate went out again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him out to you, that ye may know that I find no crime in him.

Is this how they used to interrogate people? You scourge them, a horrific penalty, you slap them around a little, you mock them, ridicule them. This whole thing confuses me, is Pilate saying “hey you can see we have gone through the entire interrogation protocol and have not found anything”? A lot of people are shocked at the lawlessness we are seeing today, this tells me it can get a lot worse.

5 Jesus therefore came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple garment. And Pilate saith unto them, Behold, the man! 6 When therefore the chief priests and the officers saw him, they cried out, saying, Crucify him, crucify him! Pilate saith unto them, Take him yourselves, and crucify him: for I find no crime in him.

This is mob rule. The judge has ruled that he found no crime in Him and yet He will be sentenced to death in the next few minutes.

7 The Jews answered him, We have a law, and by that law he ought to die, because he made himself the Son of God.

So these are “law abiding” Jews demanding the crucifixion of an innocent man?

8 When Pilate therefore heard this saying, he was the more afraid; 9 and he entered into the Praetorium again, and saith unto Jesus, Whence art thou? But Jesus gave him no answer. 10 Pilate therefore saith unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to release thee, and have power to crucify thee? 11 Jesus answered him, Thou wouldest have no power against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath greater sin.

Wow, Proverbs 28:1 The wicked flee when no man pursueth; But the righteous are bold as a lion. This statement by the Lord is bold as a lion. Jesus is Lord, He has heard of the unrighteousness, but now He has come down to see for Himself. This is like the CEO of some company pretending to be a lowly employee to learn what is actually going on in His company. Pilate is probably used to these people cowering before him and here is someone letting him know that God’s wrath will be poured out and Pilates cowardice before this mob is not as great a sin as that of the religious leaders violating the law and lying about it. Proverbs 28:2 For the transgression of a land many are the princes thereof; But by men of understanding and knowledge the state thereof shall be prolonged. When the land is ruled by this mob mentality there is transgression. It takes understanding of the law, of righteousness, and knowledge of the facts to keep the state from sailing onto the rocks and being destroyed.

12 Upon this Pilate sought to release him: but the Jews cried out, saying, If thou release this man, thou art not Caesar’s friend: every one that maketh himself a king speaketh against Caesar. 13 When Pilate therefore heard these words, he brought Jesus out, and sat down on the judgment-seat at a place called The Pavement, but in Hebrew, Gabbatha.

We see this all the time, we saw this in the last election. Think about it, what was the major reason that many people voted against Trump? I’m not talking about those who actually voted for Biden because they support abortion or some other agenda of his, I’m talking about those who voted “against Trump”. They wanted peace. They felt that Trump was responsible for stirring up all kinds of hatred and reactions. They just wanted it to stop. Proverbs 28:3 A needy man that oppresseth the poor Is like a sweeping rain which leaveth no food. People, just like Pilate, will justify all kinds of oppression because “they need peace”. But ask yourself, since Biden has been elected has there been any rain, any blessing?

14 Now it was the Preparation of the passover: it was about the sixth hour. And he saith unto the Jews, Behold, your King!

Three times this chapter refers to “the preparation”. This is a reference to Jewish tradition of preparing for the feast of unleavened bread, the day before the feast is the preparation, you aren’t allowed to be working on the sabbath (the feast day is considered a sabbath) so this day is called the preparation. But I’m going to ignore the Jewish tradition because that is only a shadow, what we are witnessing here is the true preparation. Jesus is the incarnate word full of grace and reality. This is the reality of the preparation. Proverbs 28:4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; But such as keep the law contend with them. 5 Evil men understand not justice; But they that seek Jehovah understand all things. 6 Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, Than he that is perverse in his ways, though he be rich. So what is the preparation? How could I know what the “preparation” for the Passover is if I don’t know what the Passover is? The root word for Passover is the word for stand, it signifies that God is about to stand over the house to prevent it from being broken into and robbed. The avenging angel is coming to take vengeance on the cruel and abusive people and the blood on your doorpost indicates that you were not one of the abusive ones, rather you were one of those that had been abused. If you praise the wicked who are calling for Jesus to be crucified then you are one who has forsaken the law. If you are contending with those calling for the crucifixion of Jesus then you are one that keeps the law. To keep the law refers to keeping it under trial, when the pressure is on. The evil ones calling for Jesus to be crucified don’t understand justice, they claim they are keeping the law. Pilate also doesn’t understand justice. If you are one who is easily swayed and goes whichever way the wind blows then you don’t understand justice. You may think “you have a good heart” but your heart is deceitfully wicked and you don’t even know it. This crucifixion is perverse in its ways. Who cares if these are the religious or political leaders of the country, they are all about to suffer God’s wrath and judgement. I would much rather be poor and able to stand before the judgement seat of Christ than to be rich and condemned at the Great White Throne judgment.

So let’s apply this to today. The second impeachment of Trump, that was not justice, that was wicked. Accusing 75 million people who voted for Trump of insurrection because the FBI engineered a false flag operation, that is not justice, it is wickedness. Recently the court in Manhattan is doing outrageous attempt to find anything that they can pin on Trump or Giuliani. Those that are keeping the law are contending with the powers that be concerning the truth, concerning election fraud, concerning censorship, concerning the use of vaccine passports, etc. They understand how all of this is moving towards a totalitarian regime of the Antichrist. They understand that what is going on is perverse and even if they lose their job, are excommunicated from society, imprisoned or even killed it is better to be able to stand before the Lord’s throne than to be cast into the lake of fire with the wicked.

This is what the preparation of the Passover does. It separates out those who will be judged for their sins from those who are covered by the Lord’s blood. It separates out those who like Moses would prefer to be poor and walk in integrity than to be perverse. It separates those who know Jesus Christ, full of grace and truth, from those who are deceitfully wicked.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
My Father, my Father! The Chariot of Israel!

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
We don't have enough water to give anybody!

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
There are a lot of dreams concerning the rapture online. Are some phony? Probably. But the fact that there are so many dreams is a fulfillment of the prophecy in Joel so it is important to note them.

I generally don't bother with them but decided to listen to this one and I wasn't going to share the link except the point about 74th anniversary for Israel and the connection to Jesus I thought was important.