Summary of Bible references on the Rapture

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Is 1Peter written for you?

1 Peter 1:1, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the elect who are sojourners of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

Is this book written to you? Are you a sojourner or do you see this world as your home? The Greek word here for sojourner is a stranger sojourning in a strange place, a foreigner. Hebrews 11:13 translates this as pilgrims. This word is only used in 1Peter and Hebrews 11. So then, are you a pilgrim on this earth? According to Vine's this word indicates you are not only living in a strange place but you are living away from your own people. So again, ask yourself, is this you? is the place you are living a "strange place" and do you have the sense that you are living away from your own people. If so, then this book is written to you.

2 according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace to you and peace be multiplied.

Having the believers dispersed throughout the world is according to the foreknowledge of God. Now you may feel that being dispersed in a strange, sinful world full of adulterers and liars is negative for your sanctification. But God has not dispersed you into a sea of sin, instead He has immersed you into the Spirit that is sanctifying us. We have hymns of worship, radio shows filled with worship, the Bible, videos of people speaking and preaching the word, church meetings, fellowship with saints, ministries that we can get involved in. So this is what the foreknowledge of God is all about, what is the result? This is unto "obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus. This plan of Gods will bring the whole world into obedience of Jesus Christ, and it will result in the sprinkling of the blood. When we as priests go about our lives speaking, living and testifying it is like little drops of blood are sprinkled on everyone around us. And it is very specific, the redeeming blood of Jesus Christ is what we are sprinkling.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Take the lowest place

7 When he noticed how the guests picked the places of honor at the table, he told them this parable: 8 “When someone invites you to a wedding feast, do not take the place of honor, for a person more distinguished than you may have been invited. 9 If so, the host who invited both of you will come and say to you, ‘Give this person your seat.’ Then, humiliated, you will have to take the least important place. 10 But when you are invited, take the lowest place, so that when your host comes, he will say to you, ‘Friend, move up to a better place.’ Then you will be honored in the presence of all the other guests. 11 For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

I find the story of Joseph is fascinating because of what no one ever talks about. I get it that it was hard for him to take Mary as his wife when she had already been found to be with child, but the question no one ever talks about is why? We know that he was of the line of Jeconiah which was cursed by God so in this way this cursed line of David was restored. My question is why did God choose this way to restore this line?

If we read Jeremiah 22 we learn of Jeconiah's sins that caused him to be cursed.

Jeremiah 22:

13 “Woe to him who builds his palace by unrighteousness,
his upper rooms by injustice,
making his own people work for nothing,
not paying them for their labor.
14 He says, ‘I will build myself a great palace
with spacious upper rooms.’
So he makes large windows in it,
panels it with cedar
and decorates it in red.

This is a reference to the sins of Jeconiah. Isn't it fitting that his descendant would be a carpenter? Jeconiah took advantage of workers, cheating them out of their wages and now his descendants are the same workers that he had cheated.

15 “Does it make you a king

to have more and more cedar?
Did not your father have food and drink?
He did what was right and just,
so all went well with him.

We know that Joseph was poor because of the offering they made at the time of Jesus' circumcision. This reminds me of the story Jesus told about someone picking out the best seat at a feast and then being publicly humiliated and having to go take the worst seat.

16 He defended the cause of the poor and needy,
and so all went well.
Is that not what it means to know me?”
declares the Lord.

This is what was necessary for Jeconiah's line to be restored. Joseph needed to defend the cause of the poor and needy. Who was more so than Mary when she was pregnant with the the Son of God while betrothed to Joseph. This is a picture of what a true king is. He defends the rights of the widows and the orphans.

17 “But your eyes and your heart
are set only on dishonest gain,
on shedding innocent blood
and on oppression and extortion.”

In life there is a fork in the road, you can pursue dishonest gain or you can choose to do the right thing. When Joseph chose to do the right thing for Mary he chose a path that leads to the restoration of the kingship. Those who chose dishonest gain may not have intended to shed innocent blood, but it is simply where this road leads, and they ultimately rule by oppression and extortion. This is who Jeconiah was, that was the choice he made and as a result it led to poverty and a curse. The path that Joseph takes reverses that curse. James and Jude, two of Joseph's sons become writers of the New Testament. His wife is the mother Mary. He raised Jesus. There can be a curse on your family but you can reverse it. The same cliff you fell down you can climb back up. By marrying Mary Joseph took the lowest place at this feast yet by the time we get to the marriage feast of the lamb I suspect the Lord will tell him to move up to a better place.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020

"I defeated him at Calvary"

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
The Black King Rises 11 26 22@706pm

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Pre Judgement of the USA rapture

There are terms that we have used to simplify what the Bible says, "7 year tribulation" is one, and "pre trib rapture" is another.

I don't like these terms because they can be misleading if you don't know where they come from.

"Pre wrath" rapture is definitely a Biblical saying, and then there is "10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth."

So being kept from the hour of trial is what they equate to "pre trib" but the Bible doesn't say that.

For all we know the tribulation is more than 7 years, what is 7 years is the 70th week in Daniel.

We do not know whether or not the Antichrist is revealed to the world at the start of the 70th week or if his confirming the covenant with the many is done behind closed doors. Now we can infer that the antichrist is revealed to the world after the rapture, but again the verses that you need to use involve a number of inferences.

But here is what may be a play on words and another inference. This term "the hour of trial to come on the whole world", we learn that in Revelation the judgement on the Great Babylon takes one hour. We also know that this judgement will be a trial to the whole earth as the merchants stand afar and bewail who will buy their stuff now indicating a global financial collapse as a result of the Great Babylon being judged.

So then the Bible does not say explicitly that the USA is the Great Babylon in Revelation 18 (I believe Revelation 17 is referring to the Vatican) but you can easily look at what is said in Jeremiah and Revelation about this and it can only be referring to the USA. So instead of "pre trib" rapture I think what the Bible does say clearly is there will be a "pre judgement of the USA rapture"

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
This is how you should pray

Matthew 6:9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

The lord is coming quickly and I want the people who I know to repent and be saved. So then how should I pray?

“‘Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name,

Our Father in heaven I pray that my family and friends would repent and be saved and that this would hallow your name. I pray you would be glorified in their salvation. The world is in the evil one and they do not glorify your name. You are a God and Father that desires all to come to the full knowledge of God and be saved, and so I pray that their repentance and confession would glorify you.

10 your kingdom come,

This is the big picture, this is the mountain that we are heading to. Lord I pray that my family and friends would all bow the knee and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and King and thus be part of this path that leads to your Kingdom coming.

your will be done,

Lord Jesus, thank you that you have given us the Spirit who is with us and who challenges us and guides us into all your will. I pray that I would be faithful to your will and that my friends and family being saved would also be part of your will that will be done.

on earth as it is in heaven.

Lord, thank you for the ministry of the word, thank you for raising up the churches, thank you for all the various ministries and saints who are being faithful to You on earth. We pray this would grow and expand. I pray that my family and friends would bump into these other saints and other ministries and would realize they are surrounded by you and are being pursued by You.

11 Give us today our daily bread.

Lord, thank you for our daily needs and may they all turn us to prayer.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.

Father Your will is that we would be in your image and after your likeness. That we would express you in action, in deed, in words, and in thought. Lord may we start by forgiving our debtors just as you have forgiven us. This is how we will do your will on earth as it is in heaven, this is how your kingdom will come to this earth and this is how God the Father's name will be hallowed.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.’

Lord we know that as we enter into your will, and begin to stand for your kingdom in which righteousness dwells and as we express and glorify God that this will cause Satan to attack us and bring temptations. We pray that you would surround us and protect us from these temptations and that You would deliver us from the evil one who would destroy us if he could and who wants to bring in his own kingdom in rebellion to you.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Isaiah 1:21-31 Zion Corrupted, to Be Redeemed

21 How the faithful city has become a prostitute [idolatrous, despicable], She who was full of justice! Right standing with God once lodged in her, But now murderers. 22 Your silver has turned to lead, Your wine is diluted with water. 23 Your rulers are rebels And companions of thieves; Everyone loves bribes And chases after gifts. They do not defend the fatherless, Nor does the widow’s cause come before them [instead they delay or turn a deaf ear].

Is this not the case? As far as I am concerned there are only two possible explanations for Hunter Biden selling paintings for $500,000. Either he is a great artist blessed with abundant natural talent that he didn’t have to learn or study to achieve exposing how big a failure virtually every other artist in this country is (my brother is an artist who makes pottery and teaches at a highly rated university). The other possibility is that “everyone loves bribes and chases after gifts”. FTX is another proof that everyone loves bribes and chases after gifts.

24 Therefore the Lord God of hosts, The Mighty One of Israel, declares: “Ah, I will be freed of My adversaries And avenge Myself on My enemies. 25 “And I will turn My hand against you, And will [thoroughly] purge away your dross as with lye
And remove all your tin (impurity).

This is good news, right? If you were praying for God to purge the dross away it is. We use lye as drano to open up clogged drains, so for those of us suffering from this corruption this is great news.

26 “Then I will restore your judges as at the first, And your counselors as at the beginning; Afterward you will be called the city of righteousness,
The faithful city.”

Again, this is great news. Purging dross away can involve melting stuff down with intense heat, cleaning out the impurities with lye can involve using very powerful chemicals that can burn, but the goal is great. Once again we can be called the city of righteousness, the faithful city. We can get counselors as at the beginning when the US was respected.

27 Zion will be redeemed with justice And her repentant ones with righteousness.

One little caveat here, “her repentant ones will be redeemed”. I guess if you aren’t “repentant” this may not be such great news. Oh well.

28 But rebels and sinners will be crushed and destroyed together,
And those who abandon (turn away from) the Lord will be consumed (perish).

Oh, here it is, spelled out in the fine print. Rebels and sinners will be crushed and destroyed. Those who “abandon the Lord” (backsliders) will be consumed.

29 For you will be ashamed [of the degradation] of the oaks in which you took [idolatrous] pleasure, And you will be ashamed of the gardens [of passion] which you have chosen [for pagan worship]. 30 For you will be like an oak whose leaf withers and dies And like a garden that has no water. 31 The strong man will become tinder, And his work a spark. So both will burn together
And there will be none to quench them.

We have a great illustration of this with the fires in the West. So let’s look at how exactly these great forests are going up in flames. California and the whole west was an ideal place for agriculture, the only problem was water. So what they did was divert the Colorado river and other water coming out of the mountains for agriculture. In California 80% of their water goes to agriculture. Now you can grow things that are native to the region and don’t require irrigation, or at the very least requires minimal irrigation. But they didn’t do that, they brought in crops that were water intensive like Almonds. Now the “drought” is largely man made when it takes 20 years and 80% of your water is going for irrigation of these crops. They did the same throughout the West pumping up well water from huge aquifers. Today anyone can look at the lakes to see how they have dried up and the water is gone. But this was a man made disaster, still they started claiming “climate change”. The problem with this is that some states are seeing “astounding climate change” while others are seeing little to no climate change. The drought in California is undoubtedly the result of poor water management and unsustainable practices. Calling it climate change is simply a way to obfuscate. These fires are terrifying the residents and is only one reason they are fleeing California, a state that used to be the wealthiest state in the US but is now the poorest (when comparing average income with cost of living). They destroyed this state and they will be ashamed for what they have done.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Never Before

Exactly, we have enough revealed to us in the Bible to have an idea of what the end of the age is like. For example, when the two witnesses die the entire world watches and people send presents to one another!

Can you imagine? That would be like some Queen or Princess dies and the whole world watches the funeral. Until you see something like that happen you know we aren't at the end of the age yet.

I saw the episode of Downton Abbey where everyone gathered together to hear the king's speech on the radio. So this is a new phenomenon, and having TV worldwide wasn't even common in fifty years ago.

I remember the first Iraq war when the entire US watched CNN as bombs began to drop in Iraq. That was a first for the US, so you know the developing world hadn't got that far yet.

Also, with the Mark of the beast, that implies a digital currency that is being read with WIFI or RFID technology and connects to a government controlled bank account and that is for every person on earth!

1st of all you would need an incredible computer system, perhaps quantum computers which we have just recently gotten.

2nd you would need an incredible satellite technology, just like the Starlink system that they are right now putting up in the heavens.

3rd you would need all the banks to test this out which they are doing now and won't be done for another month or two.

Now granted the Antichrist and false prophet roll out this system during the tribulation so the Bible doesn't say it is ready prior to the tribulation, but my point is no previous time in history could have rolled this out. Next year will truly be the first time they could roll this system out.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Idols are things you sacrifice God to get

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Hebrews 4 -- Apart from Jesus we can do nothing

Therefore, since the promise of entering his rest still stands, let us be careful that none of you be found to have fallen short of it.

There is going to be a rapture where some will enter into this promised rest. At that time some will be found to have fallen short of that rapture. So then let us be careful. We need to tie our thoughts to Jesus, tie our boat to Jesus.

2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.

It is not sufficient to have heard and received the gospel. True, if you receive the Lord’s salvation you receive eternal life, but that doesn’t mean you have entered into this promised rest. Everyone in the wilderness had also received this salvation having partaken of the Passover lamb and having crossed the Red Sea. What they needed was to share the faith of those who obeyed. Joshua and Caleb shared the faith of Moses. They entered into the promised rest.

3 Now we who have believed enter that rest, just as God has said, “So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’”

Look at the path the Lord took us on. If God had made us kings immediately we would be like the arrogant, the elites, with little sense of justice or compassion. No, first we had to be the slaves at the bottom of society so we could understand how to truly rule. We needed to see how the corruption and lies of the elites impact the poor. But the problem with that is many have the mentality of a slave. We need a new heart of flesh and we need our mind renewed by the Lord of all. You don’t need to fight to be a slave, just surrender. But to rule and reign with Jesus requires that we stand with Him on the battlefield.

And yet his works have been finished since the creation of the world. 4 For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: “On the seventh day God rested from all his works.” 5 And again in the passage above he says, “They shall never enter my rest.”

You can’t enter into His rest if you can’t do all His works. You need to do a work of faith before you can enter into the promised rest.

6 Therefore since it still remains for some to enter that rest, and since those who formerly had the good news proclaimed to them did not go in because of their disobedience, 7 God again set a certain day, calling it “Today.” This he did when a long time later he spoke through David, as in the passage already quoted: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts.”

The Lord gives the command, you obey and follow Him, that is the work you must do, and the work you can only do if you have mixed faith with your obedience. The reason some harden their hearts and refuse to obey is because they don’t have faith.

8 For if Joshua had given them rest, God would not have spoken later about another day. 9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his. 11 Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will perish by following their example of disobedience.

We are doing a work of faith so that we can enter that rest. This is the church age, we are building the Body of Christ with gold, silver and precious stones. This warning is about disobedience, the Lord will speak to us, it will be difficult for us to obey, it will require faith, it will require us knowing the voice of our shepherd.

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

The word of God is a light to our path, it is also a light that examines our innermost spirit and soul. This word judges our thoughts and attitudes. No one and nothing is hidden from this light.

14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

The Lord is superior in every way. We have someone who will go with us and help us along the way.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
I have shared this repeatedly about Christmas

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Isaiah 2:1-11 A vision concerning Judah and Jerusalem

1 The word [from God] which Isaiah son of Amoz saw [in a vision] concerning [the nation of] Judah and [its capital city] Jerusalem.
2 Now it will come to pass that In the last days The mountain of the house of the Lord Will be [firmly] established as the highest of the mountains, And will be exalted above the hills; And all the nations will stream to it.

The revelation that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God is the rock on which the church is built. This rock is “the mountain of the house of the Lord”. There are other “mountains”. There are texts for Buddhism, and for Islam, and for other religions. There are philosophers. There are those like Locke, Rousseau, and Marx that provided a philosophical framework for government. In the last days it will be the Bible and the revelation that Jesus is Lord which will be firmly established as the highest mountain and will be exalted over all these hills. If you are not familiar with Bible codes they are scientific evidence that firmly establishes the Bible as the word of God. When this discovery was published in a major scientific journal it was a major earthquake in the scientific community.

3 And many peoples shall come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, To the house (temple) of the God of Jacob; That He may teach us His ways And that we may walk in His paths.” For the law will go out from Zion
And the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

No one is going to do this until you prove to them your ways are superior. That is what the end of the age is all about.

4 And He will judge between the nations, And will mediate [disputes] for many peoples; And they will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up the sword against nation,
And never again will they learn war.

What a blessing it would be if we could eliminate war. Why not? WWII was fought to satisfy the whims of a megalomaniac, the Vietnam war was fought to promote US arms dealers, the Gulf war was fought over oil, all these “terrorist attacks” look more and more like false flag events designed to justify huge defense spending.

5 O house of Jacob, come, let us walk in the light of the Lord.

How easy it is for them to lie and deceive. It didn’t make sense that Saddam Hussein would support Al Qaeda and be behind 9/11 yet the country treated anyone who questioned this as being a traitor. There were no WMDs, the idea that Oswald was a lone assassin was absurd, how many times will it take before we stop letting them lie to us and deceive us. How about we walk in the light of the Lord instead.

6 Most certainly [Lord] You have abandoned your people, the house of Jacob, Because they are filled with influences from the east, And they are soothsayers [who foretell] like the Philistines;
Also they strike bargains with the children of foreigners (pagans).

This is all being revealed. The Biden crime family, the Clinton Foundation, Epstein Island, Swalwell, Fauci, FTX, etc. One by one we are discovering the depth of their corruption, bias and compromise. AI is the latest attempt at soothsaying.

7 Their land has also been filled with silver and gold And there is no end to their treasures; Their land has also been filled with horses And there is no end to their chariots. 8 Their land has also been filled with idols; They worship the work of their hands, That which their own fingers have made. 9 So the common man has been humbled [before idols] And the man of importance has been degraded,
Therefore do not forgive them [O Lord].

It is all about money and influence. If you have an honorable man they will slander, defame and destroy him. They can’t stand the “common man”, the “deplorables”, the people who do all the work, raise families and believe in the Lord. In their mind they are chumps to be taken advantage of, too stupid to realize they are being robbed blind. Therefore do not forgive them, O Lord.

10 Go among the rocks and hide in the dust From the terror of the Lord and from the splendor of His majesty.

Look at these floods and fires as a foreshadowing of what is about to happen. The cars are being washed away like someone power washing the street. The fires burn everything whether rich or poor. The smoke affects everyone.

11 The proud look of man will be degraded And the arrogance of men will be humbled,
And the Lord alone will be exalted in that day.

The damage done in China is horrific and we are learning why. The government officials in China try to make their cities look really nice, but no one sees the sewers so they skimp on the sewers and that is where they really take in the bribes. As a result the damage from these sewers being washed out is incredible. It is a picture of what will happen to the elites, their kingdom is a facade, but the bribes and corruption like hidden rot will cause the entire thing to collapse.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Jesus was sent to model how we are to live.
If we all did we would show the world His way is superior.
Jesus told us all things are new in Him., not by being in "the world".
What say ye?
best wishes:):coffee::unsure: