Summer or Winter?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mcubed

Dec 20, 2013
I was watching a show where a mob guy chose a cold region over a worm one like the Bahamas. At first I thought I would choose worm, then I realized I LOVE "fat" cloths like sweaters, thick coats, layers... Anything but showing my real size...lol.. So as much as I hate the cold, if I had to relocate, because I was a mob guy and people wanted to kill me, I think I would choose the cold...

Would you want summer or winter if you had to relocate?

Last edited:
U

Ugly

I'm not a fan of worms or other creepy crawlies, so I wouldn't pick worm weather. Though some people use worms for bait, so those people may feel differently.

C

CandieM

Winter.

[The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.]

S

Sweetmorningdew78

I would choose winter because I've got this problem when it is too hot or I am under the sun my head hurts so bad and I always feel I am going to faint...

When I was in the Middle-East I really enjoyed Winter :eek:

S

Stranger36147

Winter. I've always preferred the cold weather. Don't like the heat at all.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
hmm... tbh it's a difficult decision for me. I have always been more sensitive to both the heat and the cold from my diabetes. I hate being hot or even warm sometimes I get uncomfortable and need a strong fan on all the time especially when I sleep if I don't have a powerful massive fan blowing on me when I sleep I wake up drenched in sweat and even before that I simply am unable to get comfortable in bed to go to sleep.

However in the cold I am much more affected by it, even just going on a walk in the rain makes my fingers start to turn a little blue and get really cold and my body moves much more slow in the cold as well but the good thing about the cold is it's easier to get warm than it is to cool off in the heat. I remember this winter it was really cold and our house tends to be cool to begin with and I took a nice steaming hot bath and was in absolute heaven. So I guess I would choose a cold place

T

Tinuviel

"Winter" where I am from means freezing cold and wind so bitter that you literally cannot draw a breath. It is an extremely strange winter if it does not reach -30F. It is pretty normal to see -40F/C every winter, as well. It has gotten as low as -48 in my living memory, and I have seen air temperatures as low as nearly -70F. Your skin will freeze in 3 minutes and every part of your body must be covered at all times. We go for weeks at a time without the temperature reaching above 0.

Summer, on the other hand, rarely gets above 100F, and cools nicely at night in all but the hottest month.

Which would you guess I pick? :D.

Mel85

Daughter of the True King
Mar 28, 2018
Winter :) ..........

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
I would say winter, summer here in the southern u.s., with the high humidity, is tough at times.

danja

Nov 28, 2014
summer all the way :)

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I spent 35 years living in northern Albetta. Also -40 or more in winter. Snow on the ground from September to May. Growing season from mid June to mid August. That was the frost free days.

So, I moved to one of the warmest parts in Canada. Semi desert! It is 45C in summer. Winters are short, great variety of vegetation, and a long growing season. Probably March to November. I moved because I am always cold, and I detest winter.

As Tinuviel says, all you people need to experience a real winter, before you go declaring for winter. Mind you, I have a son in Yellowknife, NWT. It’s had a high of 3 lately, it snowed 2 days ago. Winters are so cold and long, it makes Edmonton look like the tropics. And he seems to love it! Runs outside to -20 C, then he hits the track, inside. Not my idea of fun, but each to his own!

Summer!

PS Nothing wrong with A/C in the summer, either!

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I'm not a fan of worms or other creepy crawlies, so I wouldn't pick worm weather. Though some people use worms for bait, so those people may feel differently.
Iv'e never seen a warm worm. Perhaps they all live in the Bahamas which would make them smarter than average and richer.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Depends on what u call winter and summer. Here in germany we barely have a summer with maybe 2 days of 90 degrees and then it falls again lol

Im for summer lol

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Depends on what u call winter and summer. Here in germany we barely have a summer with maybe 2 days of 90 degrees and then it falls again lol

Im for summer lol
German Summers are twice as long as British ones. Just out of curiosity/noseness why do you have an American logo when you experience German Summers?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
German Summers are twice as long as British ones. Just out of curiosity/noseness why do you have an American logo when you experience German Summers?
Because I am German American

HoneyDew

Apr 30, 2011
I think everyone is choosing their preference based upon their personal experiences with the seasons where they are in the world. Here summers can be very hot and humid we have reached 107+ degrees and those temps last awhile. It's not like it is 105 today and tomorrow 60.

The fall is actually my favorite time of year. It's not to hot and not to cold. Even with the snow and the extreme cold, I prefer the winter here over the summer.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Humm thinking .
I live here in Phoenix Arizona. In April we had our first 100f /37.7c day . That’s still sweater weather in these parts lol
Year before last we did not use the heater in winter. This year we only used it less than six time .
I will take winter.
Blessings
Bill

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The hottest temperature in my town this years summer was in January it got to 43 deg Celsius which is 109 deg Fahrenheit..

So i can assure you that you do not want to experience a day like that.. Actually you become an indoor / air conditioning refugee on days like that.. If you go outside and do any type of physical work you are risking death..

When it is cold a person can dress up with good warm cloths and go out and do stuff.. But when it gets hot it is harder to Keep oneself cool..

Yeah it is nice when things are warm,, like when it is 27 - 33 degrees Celsius, but once it starts to get past 34 and it is humid then life becomes really uncomfortable let me assure you..