Sun of Righteousness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
2 But for you who fear my name the sun of righteousness shall rise, with healing in its ( rays )wings. You shall go forth leaping like calves from the stall.

What was the lord teaching here?

May 22, 2024
Context is key. Verse 1 is talking about the day of judgement.
Verse 2 is talking about those who are not being punished but healed and rewarded.

Jul 18, 2017
2 But for you who fear my name the sun of righteousness shall rise, with healing in its ( rays )wings. You shall go forth leaping like calves from the stall. What was the lord teaching here?
The "sun of righteousness" is actually "the Sun of Righteousness" -- Christ. Just as the sun's rays have healing properties, Christ is the Divine Healer.

Jul 18, 2017
Context is key. Verse 1 is talking about the day of judgement. Verse 2 is talking about those who are not being punished but healed and rewarded.
In the prophecies of the OT, there are often unrelated things side-by-side. So the "context" does not apply.

Sep 2, 2020
2 But for you who fear my name the sun of righteousness shall rise, with healing in its ( rays )wings. You shall go forth leaping like calves from the stall.

What was the lord teaching here?
He’s talking about the destruction of Jerusalem for sin but that Christ the light of the world would rise up with healing in his wings for those who remembered and feared the lord

“For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.”
‭‭Malachi‬ ‭4:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: and he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”
‭‭Malachi‬ ‭4:5-6‬ ‭

at he reading actually begins in Malachi 3 prophetically telling if the gospel when John the Baptist would come just before the messiah

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me:( read mark chapter one ) and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts. But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:”
‭‭Malachi‬ ‭3:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

he then continues on to here

For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.”
‭‭Malachi‬ ‭4:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Hes telling of Jerusalems destruction but also the deliverance of Israel’s bekieving remnant through Christ

And ends with the promise of John the Baptist ( Elijah ) oreceding christ who would rise up with healing for the people

Sep 2, 2020
The "sun of righteousness" is actually "the Sun of Righteousness" -- Christ. Just as the sun's rays have healing properties, Christ is the Divine Healer.
Amen it’s a prophecy foretelling the coming of the messiah to israel just before it was destroyed

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
I certainly agree the Sun of Righteous was Christ.

IMO I believe the scriptures were foretelling his coming and time of his coming to be glorified. The Sun was made on the fourth day of creation meaning 4000 years, as a day to the Lord is as thousand year He was right on time. And those leaping like calves from the stall indicates the resurrection that took place that Passover weekend.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
And Peter said in Acts 2: In the last days God declares------ meaning 2000 years or 2 days

The year the Lord was crucified was 29 AD and was born in year 5 BC ( no 0 year was used in computing the time between BC and AD) and King Herod died in 4 BC. Unfortunately our calendar should have begun in 29 BC

When you truly understand the Day of the Lord then you will understand why Peter called it Great and Glorious for the righteous

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
I am sharing what was given to me

Chaos is soon to come on this world and the hatred of the jews will multiply

On the Feast Trumpets on Sept. 23, 2025 the man who will become the antichrist makes a covenant with many Dan. 9:27
Seal Judgements begins for 7 months
Antichrist will make his journey for about 3 years being christlike after the Seals
Trumpet judgements about 35 months
In middle of the 7 or 1260 days Antichrist takes his seat in temple of God Dan.9:27
30 days later the Abomination that causes desolation is placed (1290 days) During Passover Daniel 12:11

On the 1335th day the Day of the Lord begins for a 1000 years
This Day is Pentecost May 20, 2029 --------- 2000 years
This is also called the Blessed Day
The only resurrection/rapture happens here
Restrainer removed--the church
This how the Lord shortened the days for the Righteous
Happens at last minute of the 7th or Last Trump
Beginning of the Bowl Judgements begin here for 1185 days to the end of the Tribulation (About 3.2 years)
Time of Jacob's troubles in full force

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
On the 1335th day of the Tribulation

the harvest is the close of the age (6000 years)

reapers are angels.

Separation of the wheat and weeds

Wheat is ripe starting at Pentecost/ Wheat to the barn (Heaven)

30 Let both grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.’” Matthew 13

Those who enter the vial or bowl judgements are burned. No righteous found in this judgment
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Repeat of the wheat and weeds in Rev 14

Reapers are angels

“Put in your sickle, and reap, for the hour to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe.” 16 So he who sat upon the cloud swung his sickle on the earth, and the earth was reaped.---(wheat to the barn)

19 So the angel swung his sickle on the earth and gathered the vintage of the earth, and threw it into the great wine press of the wrath of God------( Vial or Bowl Judgements)

Sep 4, 2013
(excerpt)

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun
The time referred to is, when the tares shall be separated from the wheat: when they that offend and do iniquity, shall be gathered out of Christ's kingdom; when the wicked shall be cast into hell: then the "righteous", not who are so merely in their own apprehensions, and in the judgment of others; nor by their obedience, legal or evangelical; but who are made so, by the righteousness of Christ imputed to them: these, though they have been in this world loaded with reproaches, and attended with many afflictions and persecutions; and have been despised for their poverty and meanness, and want of outward glory, honour, riches, and prosperity; shall now "shine forth" in the robe of Christ's righteousness, in perfect holiness of nature, in all felicity and prosperity of soul; and in the shining dazzling robes of glory, incorruption, and immortality, on their bodies; even

(here)

What does Matthew 13:43 mean? | BibleRef.com

Sep 4, 2013
Additional Scripture:

Malachi 4:2 "But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings, and you will go out and leap like calves from the stall.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
15 “So when you see the desolating sacrilege spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), 16 then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains; 17 let him who is on the housetop not go down to take what is in his house; 18 and let him who is in the field not turn back to take his mantle. 19 And alas for those who are with child and for those who give suck in those days! 20 Pray that your flight may not be in winter or on a sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be

Notice it is after the Abomination is placed --speaking of bowl judgments