E
eternally-gratefull
Guest
The moral law was not the school master
Yeah it was.
Without the moral law I could not possibly know why I needed Christ. And the sacrifice would have been non descript (meaningless)
The moral law was not the school master
How would I know what sin is if Yah did not explain? and yes I do feel bad when I sin. and if there is no Law there is no sin...
Romans 7:7, "What? Can anyone therefore say that the Law is sin? No! By no means! But to the contrary, I did not know sin; transgression of the Law, except through the Law, for I did not know lust, unless the Law had said: Do not covet.12 Therefore the Law is holy, and the commandments are holy, and just, and righteous."
1 John 1:8-10, "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His Law is not in us."
Leviticus 5:5 , "when anyone becomes aware that they are guilty in any of these matters, they must confess in what way they have sinned."
1 Timothy 4:1-2, "Now the Spirit speaks very plainly, that in the latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons Speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their conscience seared as with a hot iron"
"having their conscience seared as with a hot iron" (IMO = sociopath)
So the moral law points out sin ?Yeah it was.
Without the moral law I could not possibly know why I needed Christ. And the sacrifice would have been non descript (meaningless)
Isaiah 66:22-24King James Version (KJV)
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
This is how I'm understanding it. if we believe in Jesus, (in who He says He is and what He has accomplished, and what He is doing now ) we give our entire life to God. Every day, every moment, and everything we do is for the glory of our great, long suffering God, who has done so much for us already and yet gives us great promises to stand on and to look forward to. All belongs to Him. And as for rest, He supplies us with what we need as needed. And living in Christ is rest in itself. I'm still only learning and forgive me if I've misinterpreted anything. Jesus deserves my every breathe be for His glory. Not one out seven days. May God bless me by His mercy and for His name's sake to live each day as a holy day. All glory to God!!What's more important? The day we give to God or that we have given our lives to Christ?
I will go with " we have given our lives to Christ"! Everyday is given to the Lord!What's more important? The day we give to God or that we have given our lives to Christ?
Isaiah 66:22-24King James Version (KJV)
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
Most of the 1st followers were used to keep THAT to attend synagoges and after being casted out they chose another day to asemblies?
How acute that is?
Mat 10:5 Jesus sent out the twelve apostles with these instructions: Stay away from the Gentiles and don't go to any Samaritan town.
Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and charged them, saying, Go not into any way of the Gentiles, and enter not into any city of the Samaritans:
Mat 10:6 but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, commanding them, saying, "Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans.
Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
sigh..................sure I can explain it, but will you listen? No. Your mind is made up.Isaiah 66:22-24King James Version (KJV)
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
Marc...im not sure where your getting your historical evidence? The church, in large part, had become had become a Gentile body even at the time of Pauls epistles...and we know for sure Paul never suggested the Gentiles take up Jewish tradition and rebuked other Jewish believers for trying to bring the law upon those gentile churches he had established.Historical evidence seems to indicate that until the fourth century, most believers attended Synagogue on Sabbath; and met house to house on the first day of the week, (Sunday).
Isaiah 66:22-24King James Version (KJV)
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.
24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
Marc...im not sure where your getting your historical evidence? The church, in large part, had become had become a Gentile body even at the time of Pauls epistles...and we know for sure Paul never suggested the Gentiles take up Jewish tradition and rebuked other Jewish believers for trying to bring the law upon those gentile churches he had established.
I also agree that the church was not "keeping" sunday ...they was meeting on sunday